Kingdom Come

Guest Stargazer

I like Kingdon Come alot myself. They were one of the bands from my youth and still love them. I just need to get the last one they put out to complete the collection. But yes they are a very cool band.

I'd heard the name, but never (knowingly) heard a Kingdom Come song before a few months ago. (One of those pre-judgments you make that turns out to be totally stupid!) But, I really enjoy their stuff and would like to find more.

I'd heard the name, but never (knowingly) heard a Kingdom Come song before a few months ago. (One of those pre-judgments you make that turns out to be totally stupid!) But, I really enjoy their stuff and would like to find more.

They or I should say mostly Lenny Wolf these days is great. When they first came out I still remember the rock station here in St Louis playing them and everyone thought Zepplin had a new song. The first album will in my opinion be always the best one they did. But they to me are still a very good band.

Guest ZO2 Rocks

Kingdom Clone? I haven't heard that name in a while. I really loved their first single but when I called up the radio station to play it I asked for the new Robert Plant song. They laughed at me and hurt my feelings saying it wasn't Plant but KC.

:P

Actually like them a lot. They got fantastic reviews when they toured in the 80's and a lot of people loved the guitarist (Danny I think?). Said he had a great bluesy approach and nice live solo.

Are there any Kingdom Come fans here? Right now, I've got the Master Seven CD turned up so loud that the walls are skakin! Kingdom Come rocks!

Haha....yeah, my walls were 'skakin' to Assemblage23 last night!! :lol:

To stay on topic....I found that the Kingdom Come stuff was pretty good! So what if they sounded like Led Zeppelin....big fuckin' deal. That can almost be said about a ton of bands....so what....

The only cd I didn't like from them was a really lightweight one. Can't remember which one it was because I listened to it at a store and didn't buy it because it sucked so bad. But Master Seven was damn good!!

Here's the discography of the band....

the "Bad Image" album was horrible......the rest are pretty cool.

http://www.lennywolf.com/disco.html

I have the first five albums that were released. The first three I used to own on cassette and liked each for different reasons. Their s/t album was great to throw in at parties (that tape was probably loaned out to 15 different people and still always found its way back to me). 17--what an awesome song! In Your Face seemed to veer away from the Zep sound a little, tried to sound more like what was popular at the time, but was still a great album.

I was very excited to get Hands of Time when it first came out because I thought it was really going to be something special. I guess Lenny wrote and played most of the instruments on the album. To me the album cover really gives a big hint as to the sound of the album. Heavy, pounding drums but the music just flows with Lenny's voice and gives an almost airy, relaxing feel despite it being a hard rock album. Very hard to describe, but it used to get a lot of play and is probably my second favorite behind the s/t.

Bad Image and Twilight Cruiser I recently got from Mothers Metal.com. I still have yet to listen to them (now I'm a little hesitant to hear Bad Image after JLPRocks comment :o ) but I hear Twilight Cruiser is very cool.

Are there any Kingdom Come fans here? Right now, I've got the Master Seven CD turned up so loud that the walls are skakin! Kingdom Come rocks!

KINGDOM COME Fuckin' sux....

LED ZEP rip-off all the way....

I have to agree with you.......I thought they were a lacking band, by all standards.......but hey, that is just my opinion AND everybody has one. <_<

The funny thing I find is that it's actually difficult NOT to sound like someone nowadays. The whole...'they're a Led Zep rip off' is a cop out.....maybe you don't like them, but to use that as the excuse is poor.....

and that is just my opinion......LOL

I've noticed that if a band tries to sound like Zep thats a bad thing but if they try to sound like AC/DC thats a good thing... :P

• 4 years later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah,like hell they do...

Very cool band.Lenny Wolf has a great distinctive voice.These guys have a plethora of material to their own merit to be labeled a "rip-off"! The first two albums alone were d*mn solid!

Yeah,like hell they do...

Very cool band.Lenny Wolf has a great distinctive voice.These guys have a plethora of material to their own merit to be labeled a "rip-off"! The first two albums alone were d*mn solid!

I have all the releases by Kingdom Come. Therefore I suck? No waaaay.....Kingdom Come are pretty cool. Now I'm gonna get half of the board members on the fence: Led Crapelin fuckin' sux... :whistle:

Never had any use for this band. My favorite memory of them was seeing them get boo'ed off the stage at the Van Halen Monsters of Rock Tour in '88 by a crowd that was hungry to see Metallica, who were on after them... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
i love Kingdom Come as well as Stone Fury. :headbanger:

Geoff you are breaking my heart you hate Led Zep. :crying:

Sorry mate. If it makes you feel better, if they'd written some good songs I'd have liked them. :)