Which Marillion albums are worth listening to?

Faron

For Marillion B'sides, of which there are many great ones, then these are definitely the babies to go for. Fantastic sets :bowdown:

The Singles 82-88

http://www.marillion.com/music/albums/fishbox.htm

The Singles 89-95

http://www.marillion.com/music/albums/hbox.htm

Cheers Jez, I`m breaking myself in slowly but some great recommendations :tumbsup:

Yeah, Just pointing these out for future reference mate - These Box sets are for after you have checked out the studio albums, as there are some fantastic B'sides - as good as some of the album tracks. :tumbsup:

Great stuff mate, much appreciated :tumbsup:

Yeah, backed on all counts, but my fav Marillion song is still Chelsea Monday - what a classic

Marillion,first album up to Clutching At Strawhes i'm so much a early Marillion fan but Season's End made me get into the new line up so :drink: much more.Marillion is a band that you need to get in to slowly and take in. :drink:

I`m finding that out mate, thanks :tumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I think I`m ready to listen to their next album - Fugazi.

My mate at work will lend me this next week, what are the standout tracks on this one? :tumbsup:

My mate at work will lend me this next week, what are the standout tracks on this one? :tumbsup:

Not my fave Marillion album, but there are some good tracks on it. 'Emerald Lies', 'Incubus' and 'Jigsaw' are good + If you can, find the B'side 'Cinderella Search' which is a fantastic track and should have been on the album proper. :tumbsup:

Not my fave Marillion album, but there are some good tracks on it. 'Emerald Lies', 'Incubus' and 'Jigsaw' are good + If you can, find the B'side 'Cinderella Search' which is a fantastic track and should have been on the album proper. :tumbsup:

Cheers Jez, I`ll listen out for them :tumbsup:

They simply are a great band and what I have found is that you have to listen to each album quite a few times to really understand and appreciate them.

You seem to pick up something new on the albums everytime you listen to them and as Jez has previously stated, the two era's of Marillion {Fish / Hogarth} are two very different styles and you could even say they are two totaly different bands.

Still both very good IMO with a slight edge in favour to the Fish era :tumbsup:

Marillion are not listed here on the HH data base......Should they be :unsure:

I think so :tumbsup:

They simply are a great band and what I have found is that you have to listen to each album quite a few times to really understand and appreciate them.

You seem to pick up something new on the albums everytime you listen to them and as Jez has previously stated, the two era's of Marillion {Fish / Hogarth} are two very different styles and you could even say they are two totaly different bands.

It`s taken an awful lot of listens to get in to Script For A Jesters Tear, worth it though, no doubt Fugazi will take a whle to sink in too :tumbsup:

Marillion are not listed here on the HH data base......Should they be :unsure:

I think so :tumbsup:

They used to be, along with some of the other Proggy stuff, but they were eventually deleted. Some prog bands are still here , some aren't ???!!

It`s taken an awful lot of listens to get in to Script For A Jesters Tear, worth it though, no doubt Fugazi will take a whle to sink in too :tumbsup:

As with alot of the Prog stuff mate - All is mean't to be 'listened' to and is not there there for a quick musical fix. Hence why alot of people don't like it. ;)

As with alot of the Prog stuff mate - All is mean't to be 'listened' to and is not there there for a quick musical fix. Hence why alot of people don't like it. ;)

Good point, Rush took me a long time to get into and now they`re up the with my favourite stuff :tumbsup:

I've never been a big fan of "prog rock," and have an ongoing argument with a friend of mine who is a huge fan that it is neither "progressive" nor "rock". However, if that's your cup of tea you could do worse than Marillion. And if you like Marillion, you might want to check out a band called Fayrewether. ;)