Where is DANGER DANGER Already?

gener8tr

I was sorting through some old emails last night and I happened upon a couple from Ted Poley. He and I conversed via email a few times when it was first announced he was back in Danger Danger. THAT WAS ALMOST 5 YEARS AGO!!!

Anyone have any REAL insight on what's going on and when we can (if ever) expect a new album from these guys? 2009 marks the band's 20th. anniversary... it only seems fitting something should get done THIS calendar year, no?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read on Melodicrock.com that they are hard at work and do expect to release some new stuff this year. Like you, I'm getting a little anxious to hear anything form them.

Yeah, I've heard the same too. That it should be out this year. I think I heard it was meant to be early this year too? I thought I'd heard somewhere it was almost completely done and they were just waiting for, was it Ted's vocals? I forget. I think there was one thing to be recorded and it was all done.

Dying to hear this one...

• My Little Pony
Yeah, I've heard the same too. That it should be out this year. I think I heard it was meant to be early this year too? I thought I'd heard somewhere it was almost completely done and they were just waiting for, was it Ted's vocals? I forget. I think there was one thing to be recorded and it was all done.

Dying to hear this one...

In that case, we should expect to see it spring 2010.

I bet it kicks ass!

I expect it to be one of the top albums of the year. :tumbsup:

I don't expect much. I just expect it to f*cking crucify every single CD from 2009 and possibly the last decade.

Seriously, I'm expecting the best album of 2009... not one of them. :)

I bet it kicks ass!

I expect it to be one of the top albums of the year. :tumbsup:

I don't expect much. I just expect it to f*cking crucify every single CD from 2009 and possibly the last decade.

Seriously, I'm expecting the best album of 2009... not one of them. :)

Well I said at the beginning of the year........

1. Danger Danger

2. Place Vendome

I hope Im not wrong :tumbsup:

I would love to get my hopes up, but I wouldnt wanna be let down hard.

I find it always best to have low expectations, then anything even slightly good, will seem a lot better.

Expect a lot, and something that is only good rather than awesome, will not get its dues, as you will then be disapointed with it!

I just hope they stick to the formula and don't try to sound like the 10,000 other "modern" bands releasing "music" now-a-days.

I'm in need of some big hooks, tons of backing vocals, lots of whammy and guitars that are tuned UP rather than tuned down. I want sunshine and fun, not rain and dispair.

God I hope this one doesn't disappoint... I'm banking on Danger Danger to renew my faith!

I'm actually a little leery of Poley's return to the D2 fold. He hasn't done much that has impressed me since he left the band and I'm afraid he'll bring that decent-but-formulaic-and-uninspiring style to D2, who were knocking it out of the park when Laine was fronting them. That said, I am hopeful the reunion will bring out the best and we are given another melodic hard rock classic. The potential is there, but I'll keep my hopes reasonable until I hear reason to do otherwise.

I'm actually a little leery of Poley's return to the D2 fold. He hasn't done much that has impressed me since he left the band and I'm afraid he'll bring that decent-but-formulaic-and-uninspiring style to D2, who were knocking it out of the park when Laine was fronting them. That said, I am hopeful the reunion will bring out the best and we are given another melodic hard rock classic. The potential is there, but I'll keep my hopes reasonable until I hear reason to do otherwise.

I agree....not a huge Poley fan post D2 other than Bone Machine but I think it's due to lack of background vocals & production of cd's which should be no problem for D2. Lets hope...

I agree....not a huge Poley fan post D2 other than Bone Machine but I think it's due to lack of background vocals & production of cd's which should be no problem for D2. Lets hope...

I'm picking up what you guys are putting down. Although I LOVE his two solo albums, the production was clearly lacking, as it was on the Melodica CDs as well as obviously the Poley/Pichler disc. But even though Pleasure Dome was one of the weaker project post-D2 I actually thought he sounded really good with a great production behind him. And same with the Rivera project. Whilst it was very good, it was not amazing song-wise, but the beefier production suited him.

So, as I am 100% sure that the production job will not be an issue, and Bruno Ravel/Steve Brown are one of the most reliable song-writing pairs in the genre, I can only assume this is going to kick ass. :)

I hope. ;)

Nothing they have done can touch the S/T

I disagree dear...Cochroach & Screw It touched it...several times :)

ok, i agree. screw it came close.

You didn't like Cochroach?

As much as I like the debut IMO Screw It was better and Cockroach is right there as well. :tumbsup:

As much as I like the debut IMO Screw It was better and Cockroach is right there as well. :tumbsup:

All three albums are above 90% imo, but here's my thoughts:

1. Cockroach

2. Screw It

3. s/t