Best Great White album

Great White  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't believe I'm the only vote for 'Twice Shy'.

Good album for sure but several fillers in a row at the end for me.

Yeah, I really love 'She Only', but find the rest of the album pretty average, hugely inferior to the studio albums that preceded it. The first 3 Great White albums are all great, but after they became a song band rather than an album band for me.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I really love 'She Only', but find the rest of the album pretty average, hugely inferior to the studio albums that preceded it. The first 3 Great White albums are all great, but after they became a song band rather than an album band for me.

For me She Only is one of the fillers I was talking about. I love the first 3 songs, then Mista Bone & Baby's On Fire. I can leave the rest, including the overplayed Once Bitten Twice Shy. The Japanese Press includes Wasted Rock Ranger, which is awesome!

For me She Only is one of the fillers I was talking about. I love the first 3 songs, then Mista Bone & Baby's On Fire. I can leave the rest, including the overplayed Once Bitten Twice Shy. The Japanese Press includes Wasted Rock Ranger, which is awesome!

'She Only' is one of my favourite ballads. Not as good as 'Is Anybody There' though, which would be in my top 5 ballads ever.

'She Only' is one of my favourite ballads. Not as good as 'Is Anybody There' though, which would be in my top 5 ballads ever.

I actually can't stand that one either LOL...man, we really have a lot in common :)

I would say my two favorite GW ballads are easily Save Your Love (Classic) & Lovin' Kind. There are also several keepers on Can't Get There.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, totally agree with James on this one. 'She only' is a brilliant song, imo. And I gotta say, I really love 'House of broken love' too. Two of my faves on the entire CD.

Wow, totally agree with James on this one.

Have a lie down, take some pills and have a stiff drink. Then you'll be fine.

;)

• 5 months later...

Nearly impossible for me to pick one, but I went with "Let it Rock". Though it's pretty much even with "Shot in the Dark".

10 essential Great White tunes:

Hey Mister

My World

Shot in the Dark

Lady Red Light

Alone

How Far is Heaven?

Lovin' Kind

Doctor Me

Desert Moon

No Better Than Hell

I'm gonna back you up and say ...Twice Shy also. For me it had the best collection of songs. (Though Once Bitten is a close second, since it has "Rock Me," my all-time favorite GW track.)

:guitar:

I had to go with Shot In The Dark, I think Great White albums follow patterns, you strike a song, maybe 2, that absolutely floor you, then sure as the sun will rise, the album veers off and you get a few songs that just fucking suck, then another good song, so plenty of fillers in the Great White discography, Shot In The Dark remains consistent, and everybody knows my most favorite GW song remains a song not only not on any of their major releases, but one when I axed Jack Russell to play, he laughed and gave me some very hilarious(smart ass) responses about even asking about it, and that would be the song Slow Ride, best GW song ive ever heard, what an excellent song, god how could they think almost 60% of their discography was more worthy then Slow Ride? goes to show why they have so much fucking garbage fillers on their albums!

I'm gonna back you up and say ...Twice Shy also. For me it had the best collection of songs.

:guitar:

Another vote for Twice shy here :)

I had to go with Shot In The Dark, I think Great White albums follow patterns, you strike a song, maybe 2, that absolutely floor you, then sure as the sun will rise, the album veers off and you get a few songs that just fucking suck, then another good song, so plenty of fillers in the Great White discography, Shot In The Dark remains consistent, and everybody knows my most favorite GW song remains a song not only not on any of their major releases, but one when I axed Jack Russell to play, he laughed and gave me some very hilarious(smart ass) responses about even asking about it, and that would be the song Slow Ride, best GW song ive ever heard, what an excellent song, god how could they think almost 60% of their discography was more worthy then Slow Ride? goes to show why they have so much fucking garbage fillers on their albums!

Great tune. I don't know how that didn't make the ...Twice Shy album. As it is, you gotta get the French compilation "Gallery" to even get that one on CD. And of course that's the CD that erroneously mentioned Tony Montana's death in the booklet and helped fuel the rumor.

• 2 weeks later...

Great tune. I don't know how that didn't make the ...Twice Shy album. As it is, you gotta get the French compilation "Gallery" to even get that one on CD. And of course that's the CD that erroneously mentioned Tony Montana's death in the booklet and helped fuel the rumor.

Yeah it really makes you wonder what some of these bands are thinking, honestly, I mean it obviously has to be a song good enough that they take the time to record it, now you figure one band member would think it was classic, and at least one of these all knowing TRUE METAL GENIUSES LIKE THE CHOSEN ONE, EDWARD THE GREAT! ALL MIGHTY TRUNK!! would've used his eternal powers of metal to not only exploit a jaw dropping song like Slow Ride, but to make sure it was heard by the sheeple, as Ive met very very few people, practically next to none, who even know of this song's existence, and I'm not by any means claiming I know anything about rock\metal, but I do not think im on my own in believing that is one of their greatest songs, if not the greatest, I was so satisfied hearing that song after buying the cassette single of Once Bitten Twice Shy, it became the showcase song to me, and until the internet came around, long after my cassette had warn out and snapped, I was locked in double digit years that I had absolutely NO!!! way of hearing that song again, outside of playing it in my head, it was on NO CD, and I checked everyone I came a crossed that I had never seen, I ordered countless GW Import discs, back then there really wasn't track listings on CD Import catalogs, u just kind of had to cross your fingers and hope for the best, well the best was never that one bonus track I had spent $15 extra dollars to get, that motherfucking song was so fucking elusive and obscure, I couldn't even tell people about it, because I had no way of showing it to anyone, and they had no way of buying it if they liked it, I now often wonder if it's really even that good of a track, or if I have just sludged in it's obscurity(which is a bad habit of mine)for so long, it became an enigma, and from there was glorified over the many years of not actually having a copy of it? Anyways, i think Ive made my point about the Great White song SlowRide, which is eerily in much of the same category as one Bon Jovi track called Edge Of A Broken Heart.

• 2 months later...

It's so easy to go with "Once Bitten", as it was promininent in my college years and played a lot.

But, 'Psycho City' is a formidable album, and I cannot let it sit at one measly vote. I love listening to that one, it seems like they put their all into it - Psycho City for me!

• 4 months later...

Great White is one of my fav bands of the 80's with my fav release of theirs being "Twice Shy", which is just perfection IMO.

Also "Once Bitten", "Hooked", "Great White", "Shot in the Dark", and the criminally underrated "Psycho City" and "Let it Rock" are up there too. The last two studio albums have been very good as well but not quite up there with the old stuff IMO. For me they have never released a bad album. :headbanger:

Listen to "Rising". That disc put the "B" in BAD!!! :rofl2:

Personally, My favorite is Twice Shy, but Hooked is great also....I like the new one, Elation quite a bit too, considering Russell isn't on it.

Sorry but there is no Great White without Jack Russell's vocals. "Elation" sucked ass. And I like Terry in XYZ and love Great White. That disc just does nothing for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I still think Once Bitten is the best but I have to say, their self titled debut is sleazy, nasty and awesome as hell.

It amazes me that Shot in the Dark is getting this much love. Ton of filler...

Personally, My favorite is Twice Shy, but Hooked is great also....I like the new one, Elation quite a bit too, considering Russell isn't on it.

Sorry but there is no Great White without Jack Russell's vocals. "Elation" sucked ass. And I like Terry in XYZ and love Great White. That disc just does nothing for me.

Right you are. Really this is there only bad, awful album. It's a shame...a new GW album with Jack and a new XYZ with Terry would have been much better. Letter to God was fucking awesome!

I still think Once Bitten is the best but I have to say, their self titled debut is sleazy, nasty and awesome as hell.

I'm curious to know which ones you think are filler.

I'm curious to know which ones you think are filler.

I gotta say I think it's one of, if not GW's worst disc with Russell on vocals. I only really like the title track and of the rest, well, you could start your list of fillers at any given moment. :(

It's not dreadful like 'Elation.' but it's not my favourite either.

And Jared, not sure I've EVER seen 'Letter to god' labelled as "fucking awesome," you wild bastard. I think I'd take 'Shot in the dark' over that one... ;)

• 2 weeks later...