• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few more to add to the list....

Men At Work-Business as Usual

Squeeze-Greatest Hits

Phil Collins-No Face Value

:tumbsup:

Coldplay – Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head

The Cranberries - Everybody else Is doing It, so why can't we?, No Need to argue

Dire Straits – all of them

Eagles – Hell freezes over

ELO – Out of the Blue, Discovery

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

George Michael – Faith, Listen without Prejudice, Older

Hot Chocolate – Every 1’s a Winner

Joe Jackson – Look sharp!

Mike Oldfield – Tubular Bells,

Phil Collins – Face Value, No Jacket required, … But seriously

Stevie Nicks – The other Side of the Mirror

Supertramp – Breakfast in America

Talk Talk – It’s my Life

Tears for Fears – The Hurting, Songs from the big Chair

The Style Council – Introducing the Style Council, Café Bleu

The 2nd best list on here Bernd :tumbsup:;)

Coldplay – Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head

The Cranberries - Everybody else Is doing It, so why can't we?, No Need to argue

Dire Straits – all of them

Eagles – Hell freezes over

ELO – Out of the Blue, Discovery

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

George Michael – Faith, Listen without Prejudice, Older

Hot Chocolate – Every 1’s a Winner

Joe Jackson – Look sharp!

Mike Oldfield – Tubular Bells,

Phil Collins – Face Value, No Jacket required, … But seriously

Stevie Nicks – The other Side of the Mirror

Supertramp – Breakfast in America

Talk Talk – It’s my Life

Tears for Fears – The Hurting, Songs from the big Chair

The Style Council – Introducing the Style Council, Café Bleu

The 2nd best list on here Bernd :tumbsup:;)

Nothing is more shit than being second !! ;)

Bob-Dylan-Slow Train Comin

Eric Gales-That's What I Am

Steve Lukather, Larry Carlton-Live In Japan

Larry Carlton-Room 335

Steely Dan-Greatest Hits

James Gang-Bang, Miami

Eagles-Hotel California

Stop it :tumbsup:

A few More...

The Police-Ghost In The machine

The Police-Synchronicity

Fleetwood Mac-Rumours

Blondie-Greatest Hits

More great stuff Eric :tumbsup:

Here's a few I forgot to mention:

THE EAGLES-HOTEL CALIFORNIA

THE EAGLES-THE LONG RUN

PETER FRAMPTON-FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE

SANTANA-INNER SECRETS

SANTANA-MARATHON

REV HORTON HEAT-LIQUER IN THE FRONT

GREENDAY-DOOKIE

STORIES-ABOUT US

GRAND FUNK-EVERYTHING :tumbsup:

TOYSHOP-PARTY UP-Did I mention this one already? :unsure:

PAW-DRAGLINE

HUMBLE PIE-SMOKIN & ROCKIN THE FILMORE

BLOODROCK-LIVE

MATT O'REE-SHELF LIFE

ERIC SARDINAS-TREAT ME RIGHT & BLACK PEARL

MOKE-MOKE & CARNIVAL

THE DICTATORS-MANIFEST DESTINEY

EDGAR WINTER-THEY ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT

B.T.O.-NOT FRAGILE

FOCUS-MOVING WAVES

Some of these have recently been put on the HH database buit...

Richard Marx

Bryan Adams

Corey Hart

Blue Rodeo

Boom Crash Opera

Crowded House

Concrete Blonde

Icehouse

Hoodoo Gurus

Hunters & Collectors

INXS

Roxette

Goo Goo Dolls

Keith Urban

Rascall Flatts

Billy Joel

Fleetwood Mac

Motor Ace

Speedstar

You Am I

Some of these have recently been put on the HH database buit...

Concrete Blonde

I love this band! Got to see them live in a small club in KC on the "Bloodletting" tour...Johnette's vocals are amazing!!

Steely Dan... I can't get enough of those guys.

Other 70's favorites include Jay Ferguson, Charlie, Poco, Firefall and Pablo Cruise.

Nice picks :tumbsup:

Other 70's favorites include Jay Ferguson, Charlie, Poco, Firefall and Pablo Cruise.

I could play the aforementioned band's albums all day every day, Jez. 70's soft rock (did the call it super AM back then?) is so darn good. I suppose I'll always have a soft spot because that's what I first grew up with... the stuff my father always played at home and in the car.

It really wasn't until 1982 when I discovered the Scorpions, Iron Maiden and Ozzy that I became a full-fledged rocker (age 14). Sure, I'd been a huge KISS fan dating back to 1978 (age 10), but that was really more about the theatrics than the music. When I listened to the radio back then it was 62KGW (620AM) here in the Portland area... nothing but Top-40 goodness! The stuff they played on a regular basis from 1976 - 1979 was nothing short of perfection, and our bus driver would play it every morning and afternoon to and from school. Great stretch run for the radio-friendly soft rock stuff!

I could play the aforementioned band's albums all day every day, Jez. 70's soft rock (did the call it super AM back then?) is so darn good. I suppose I'll always have a soft spot because that's what I first grew up with... the stuff my father always played at home and in the car.

It really wasn't until 1982 when I discovered the Scorpions, Iron Maiden and Ozzy that I became a full-fledged rocker (age 14). Sure, I'd been a huge KISS fan dating back to 1978 (age 10), but that was really more about the theatrics than the music. When I listened to the radio back then it was 62KGW (620AM) here in the Portland area... nothing but Top-40 goodness! The stuff they played on a regular basis from 1976 - 1979 was nothing short of perfection, and our bus driver would play it every morning and afternoon to and from school. Great stretch run for the radio-friendly soft rock stuff!

I just updated my old vinyl with some Jay Ferguson solo as well as finishing off my Charlie collection. I also got some Firefall, Pablo Cruise and Pure Prairie League stuff which is really great for when My mood takes.

I suppose you like alot of the Pure Westcoast stuff aswell if you like the above artists/bands. :tumbsup:

I suppose I'll always have a soft spot because that's what I first grew up with... the stuff my father always played at home and in the car.

I know what you mean ! I grew up with my father playing a lot of Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass. Some great songs, which I still like today.

Pure mid 70's to mid 80's westcoast AOR is brilliant in my opinion, with 1978 being to most grand of all years!

If you haven't seen this site already, be sure to check it out and listen to some on minute sound-bites. I particularly enjoy Crackin' from 1977 and PIECES from 1979. I recently obtained both LP's and have been playing the hell out of them!

Here's the site:

http://www.wcmusic.info/index.php

Please check out PIECES (1979) and PAGES (1978) if you have the chance and let me know what you think!

I suppose I'll always have a soft spot because that's what I first grew up with... the stuff my father always played at home and in the car.

I know what you mean ! I grew up with my father playing a lot of Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass. Some great songs, which I still like today.

Exactly the way I feel. I think we all gravitate back to what we knew and loved when we were kids!

Pure mid 70's to mid 80's westcoat AOR is brilliant in my opinion, with 1978 being to most grand of all years!

If you haven't seen this site already, be sure to check it out and listen to some on minute sound-bites. I particularly enjoy Crackin' from 1977 and PIECES from 1979. I recently obtained both LP's and have been playing the hell out of them!

Here's the site:

Please check out PIECES (1979) and PAGES (1978) if you have the chance and let me know what you think!

Yeah - I go over to have a look at that site quite often - good stuff. I haven't heard the Pieces album, but I have the first 2 Pages Discs (S/T & Future Street) which are excellent. You obviously like alot of the same stuff I do from this era and as you quite rightly say, 78-80 were exceptional years for this stuff.

Pure mid 70's to mid 80's westcoat AOR is brilliant in my opinion, with 1978 being to most grand of all years!

Here's the site:

Yeah - I go over to have a look at that site quite often - good stuff. I haven't heard the Pieces album, but I have the first 2 Pages Discs (S/T & Future Street) which are excellent. You obviously like alot of the same stuff I do from this era and as you quite rightly say, 78-80 were exceptional years for this stuff.

Yep, I can only agree ! :drink:

Oddly enough I find myself gravitating more towards the 70's stuff now-a-days than the 80's stuff. It's not that I don't still love the 80's and all my favorite bands from my junior high and high school years, because I do...

It's just that when I'm sitting at home now at my age it's a lot easier and more relaxing to throw on some Ambrosia (Life Beyond LA), England Dan and John Ford Coley (Night Are Forever), or even Leo Sayer (quit laughing at me y'all :) ) than Iron Maiden or Pretty Boy Floyd (for instance).

Again, still love all the bands from my teen years, but I'm 40 now, not 18. Where the hell did 1986 go? Seems like just yesterday I graduated from high school and was playing Slippery When Wet like it was the last cassette tape I'd ever own :)