Britny Fox - 'Bite Down Hard' vs. Trixter - 'Hear!&#39

Britny Fox - 'Bite Down Hard' vs. Trixter - 'Hear!'  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm surprised at how many people didn't like Hear. It's actually a really good album but the sound makes it almost unbearable to listen to.

And who's alleging the sound/production on "Hear" is unbearable? Sounds fine to me, and I'm a stickler for good production.

Yeah, Jarred, you completely 100% lost me there, mate. What do you mean? 'Hear!' has a killer production job. You sure we're speaking of the same disc???

The sound to me is awful. The bass & kick drum is non existant while the high's are so high that if you crank it up the cymbals break up the sound.

My questions is are you guys listening to the same disc? :lol:

No bass and kick drum? Dude, seriously, you need to buy another copy of this CD because yours is f*cked!!! :lol:;) I promise you there's nothing wrong with the "proper" version of this CD.

I'm surprised at how many people didn't like Hear. It's actually a really good album but the sound makes it almost unbearable to listen to.

And who's alleging the sound/production on "Hear" is unbearable? Sounds fine to me, and I'm a stickler for good production.

Yeah, Jarred, you completely 100% lost me there, mate. What do you mean? 'Hear!' has a killer production job. You sure we're speaking of the same disc???

The sound to me is awful. The bass & kick drum is non existant while the high's are so high that if you crank it up the cymbals break up the sound.

No bass and kick drum? Dude, seriously, you need to buy another copy of this CD because yours is f*cked!!! :lol:;) I promise you there's nothing wrong with the "proper" version of this CD.

I guess I need to make time to spin this disc again soon since I don't remember there being any production/sound issues. :screwy:

I had a Japan press. Go get some new ears my friend :lol:

The Japanese pressing? You mean the special edition where Mark Scott recorded all his drum tracks with chopsticks and PJ Farley recorded all his bass tracks with cat guts? Yeah, I heard that one was average. It makes sense now. Trade it in for a US pressing. That one kicks ass. Trust us. ;)

The Japanese pressing? You mean the special edition where Mark Scott recorded all his drum tracks with chopsticks and PJ Farley recorded all his bass tracks with cat guts? Yeah, I heard that one was average. It makes sense now. Trade it in for a US pressing. That one kicks ass. Trust us. ;)

Yeah that's the one...sounded better than the original so I had to take the lesser of two evils ;)

BRITNY FOX on both :tumbsup:

I don't even own TRIXTER'S HEAR album!

Good, 'cause it sounds like shit ;)

Does not.

Backed.

Voted for Bite down hard and Trixter's S/T.

Personally the first time I ever heard the debut Fox album, I hated it, and gave it back to the guy who lent it to me, after playing only a few tracks from it.

I later bought Boys in heat on cassette and loved it, so gave the debut another shot, and it grew on me.

Then when I bought Bite down hard, I was totally blown away.

Not only did it rock much harder, but Tommy blew Deans vocals away.

As for Trixter, I love both albums, but I probably prefer the debut.

That said, if the vote was Britnys debut vs Hear, then Hear would certainly get my vote.

And on the subject of the sound on Hear, I cannot see why anyone would say its been recorded badly, as it sounds great to my ears!

And on the subject of the sound on Hear, I cannot see why anyone would say its been recorded badly, as it sounds great to my ears!

Don't worry, mate, Jarred had obviously been on some wild drugs when he made that comment as he is clearly wrong. :)

Don't worry, mate, Jarred had obviously been on some wild drugs when he made that comment as he is clearly wrong. :)

Yeah, let me back down...it sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not.....

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...