Dakota Rock Fest 2009

Evil Rick

I'm hoping we can see at least one band from back stage this year but it was a lot of luck (and a little help form a Pete Fry business card ;) ) that got us up there last year so I won't hold my breath.

I will have FarCry business cards with me this year... I hope they work! :unsure:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping we can see at least one band from back stage this year but it was a lot of luck (and a little help from a Pete Fry business card ;) ) that got us up there last year so I won't hold my breath.

I will have FarCry business cards with me this year... I hope they work! :unsure:

:rofl2: It most certainly should...but I'll bring the old one along just in case.

I'm hoping we can see at least one band from back stage this year but it was a lot of luck (and a little help form a Pete Fry business card ;) ) that got us up there last year so I won't hold my breath.

If it doesn't work Pete then maybe you can do a "special favor" for one of the security guards. ;)

If it doesn't work Pete then maybe you can do a "special favor" for one of the security guards. ;)

Pfft, not after last year. I couldn't sit down for a week.... ;)

So that's why you were leaning up against that trash can. It had nothing to do with alcohol. :rofl2:

So that's why you were leaning up against that trash can. It had nothing to do with alcohol. :rofl2:

Believe me, there's not enough alcohol in the world to make me switch teams. I like :tits: too much... B)

Believe me, there's not enough alcohol in the world to make me switch teams. I like :tits: too much... B)

I know what you mean, I've been a Cardinal fan forever so you'll never see me rooting for the Cubs. :whistle:

I know what you mean, I've been a Cardinal fan forever so you'll never see me rooting for the Cubs. :whistle:

Wasn't Marshall one of the Security Guards last year??? At least he was acting like one :whistle: Just ask Mark Slaughter :rofl2:

Wasn't Marshall one of the Security Guards last year??? At least he was acting like one :whistle: Just ask Mark Slaughter :rofl2:

Yeah, Mr Security had a big Saturday. He tried to kick out Mark Slaughter before he went on stage, signed some girls boob, made out with some girl working for a college newspaper or something...then helped Pete guard the recycle bins Saturday night. On the plus side, no recycle bins were slolen from DRF last year!

Yeah, Mr Security had a big Saturday. He tried to kick out Mark Slaughter before he went on stage, signed some girls boob, made out with some girl working for a college newspaper or something...then helped Pete guard the recycle bins Saturday night. On the plus side, no recycle bins were slolen from DRF last year!

So really you have Marshall and I to thank for keeping ticket prices much lower than they could have been if those recycling bins had been stolen.

No, no, seriously... you're welcome! ;)

The most recent lineup has been posted at the DRF website:

Friday July 24, 2009

GATES OPEN AT 4:00pm

Jukebox Zeros

Rockarma

Far Cry

Escape

Draw the Line

Head East

April Wine

Saturday July 25, 2009

GATES OPEN AT 10:00am

Paisty Jenny

Appetite for Deception

Tango Down

Bombay Black

Enuff Z Nuff

L.A. Guns

Firehouse

Dokken

Skid Row

Bret Michaels

Friday July 24, 2009

Jukebox Zeros

Rockarma

Far Cry

Escape

Draw the Line

Head East

April Wine

Saturday July 25, 2009

Paisty Jenny

Appetite for Deception

Tango Down

Bombay Black

Enuff Z Nuff

L.A. Guns

Firehouse

Dokken

Skid Row

Bret Michaels

So Rockarma is playing? I wasn't sure as I didn't see it over at the DRF site last time I looked.

Not sure whey they and FarCry are playing between tribute bands.

But at least it will give Peter more time to drink afterwards. :tumbsup:

Saturday afternoon and evening should be great. :headbanger:

Friday July 24, 2009

Jukebox Zeros

Rockarma

Far Cry

Escape

Draw the Line

Head East

April Wine

Saturday July 25, 2009

Paisty Jenny

Appetite for Deception

Tango Down

Bombay Black

Enuff Z Nuff

L.A. Guns

Firehouse

Dokken

Skid Row

Bret Michaels

So Rockarma is playing? I wasn't sure as I didn't see it over at the DRF site last time I looked.

That lineup is not correct, however I do not have the final version. Stay tuned... :D

Friday July 24, 2009

Jukebox Zeros

Rockarma

Far Cry

Escape

Draw the Line

Head East

April Wine

Saturday July 25, 2009

Paisty Jenny

Appetite for Deception

Tango Down

Bombay Black

Enuff Z Nuff

L.A. Guns

Firehouse

Dokken

Skid Row

Bret Michaels

That lineup is not correct, however I do not have the final version. Stay tuned... :D

I don't how much longer I can stay tuned. :lol:

So FarCry is headling Saturday night over Bret Michaels? Awesome.

Coming to VH1 next fall..............................Rock of Love...........featuring..................PETE FRY! :lol:

Friday July 24, 2009

Jukebox Zeros

Rockarma

Far Cry

Escape

Draw the Line

Head East

April Wine

Saturday July 25, 2009

Paisty Jenny

Appetite for Deception

Tango Down

Bombay Black

Enuff Z Nuff

L.A. Guns

Firehouse

Dokken

Skid Row

Bret Michaels

I don't how much longer I can stay tuned. :lol:

So FarCry is headling Saturday night over Bret Michaels? Awesome.

Coming to VH1 next fall..............................Rock of Love...........featuring..................PETE FRY! :lol:

Yes, that's almost correct, FarCry will be the back up band for Bret.

I will be starring in Rock of Love next season, but in a nod to one of my favorite HH smileys (and Buckwheat) it will be retitled "Rock of Wub" :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Schedule Announced on Website!!

DAKOTA ROCK FEST SCHEDULE 2009

New gate opening time on Friday 3:00 pm

4:00 pm JUKEBOX ZEROES

5:00 pm ROCKARMA

6:00 pm TALON

7:00 pm FAR CRY

8:00 pm ESCAPE (Catalog 1)

9:00 pm DRAW THE LINE (Catalog 2)

10:00 pm HEAD EAST

11:15 pm APRIL WINE

Saturday

10:00 am PAISTY JENNY

11:00 am APPETITE FOR DECEPTION

12:00 pm ESCAPE (Catalog 2)

1:00 pm TANGO DOWN

2:00 pm ENUFF Z' NUFF

3:05 pm BOMBAY BLACK

4:10 pm L.A. GUNS

5:25 pm DRAW THE LINE (Catalog 2)

6:30 pm FIREHOUSE

7:45 pm DOKKEN

9:00 pm SKID ROW

10:15 pm BRET MICHAELS

Schedule Announced on Website!!

DAKOTA ROCK FEST SCHEDULE 2009

New gate opening time on Friday 3:00 pm

4:00 pm JUKEBOX ZEROES

5:00 pm ROCKARMA

6:00 pm TALON

7:00 pm FAR CRY

8:00 pm ESCAPE (Catalog 1)

9:00 pm DRAW THE LINE (Catalog 2)

10:00 pm HEAD EAST

11:15 pm APRIL WINE

Saturday

10:00 am PAISTY JENNY

11:00 am APPETITE FOR DECEPTION

12:00 pm ESCAPE (Catalog 2)

1:00 pm TANGO DOWN

2:00 pm ENUFF Z' NUFF

3:05 pm BOMBAY BLACK

4:10 pm L.A. GUNS

5:25 pm DRAW THE LINE (Catalog 2)

6:30 pm FIREHOUSE

7:45 pm DOKKEN

9:00 pm SKID ROW

10:15 pm BRET MICHAELS

I don't get the tribute bands playing above actual recording bands and why have them play both days????????

I don't get the tribute bands playing above actual recording bands and why have them play both days????????

It's all about the $$$'s

Guess that cuts short our garage time Friday. Like it matters though, since the beer is free out there! :beerbang:

It's all about the $$$'s

Guess that cuts short our garage time Friday. Like it matters though, since the beer is free out there! :beerbang:

Very true but like you said that's less beers from the beerbarrow.

Is it me or did the gates open last year at 4 instead of 3?

It's all about the $$$'s

Yup, 4 last year, was supposed to be that this year as well but will all the bands playing Friday it makes sense. Weren't we late getting out there because the first act was a tribute band? Seems like we didn't get out there until closer to 5pm but I may be wrong.

It's all about the $$$'s

Yup, 4 last year, was supposed to be that this year as well but will all the bands playing Friday it makes sense. Weren't we late getting out there because the first act was a tribute band? Seems like we didn't get out there until closer to 5pm but I may be wrong.

We missed Jukebox Zeros and Paisty Jenny last year. But it was fun in the garage and drinking from the beerbarrow. With Rockarma at 5 pm we will need to leave earlier this year for sure.

It's all about the $$$'s

We missed Jukebox Zeros and Paisty Jenny last year. But it was fun in the garage and drinking from the beerbarrow. With Rockarma at 5 pm we will need to leave earlier this year for sure.

Definitely! Not going to miss Rockarma...no doot aboot it!

We have added another to the list going. Marshall's brother-in-law Ben gave me a check to pick him up a VIP ticket as well. The guy is a blast to be around and is looking forward to the weekend.

I believe Wes is going to this :whistle:

:lol:

There might even be a Head East Live cd in it for you. :lol:

I've asked the others to remind me to pick that up for you before I get to drunk, that is if they have it available.

I believe Wes is going to this :whistle:

:lol:

There might even be a Head East Live cd in it for you. :lol:

I've asked the others to remind me to pick that up for you before I get to drunk, that is if they have it available.

Heheheh shameless reminder kinda guy that's me. Hopefully they'll have it if not .... beat 'em up bad, I'm relying on you for maximum violence! :lol: