Dakota Rock Fest 2009

Evil Rick

I still need to book my hotel for this thing.

I should probably do that very soon.

Yes Wes...yes you should :lol:

I'm surprised you're not going yourself Nick with Head East being there and all... :D

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I booked it yesterday and it cost me much more than it did last year. :unsure:

Don't worry Saint Nick I won't forget your Head East disc and I've told Chad and Rick to remind me to buy before I get to drunk. :lol:

Don't worry Saint Nick I won't forget your Head East disc and I've told Chad and Rick to remind me to buy before I get to drunk. :lol:

I'll remind you Wes. Ol' Evil Rick will be pointing the finger saying "Don't forget to buy East that Head Nick CD...oh, and I'm NOT Drunk!!!"

I'll remind you Wes. Ol' Evil Rick will be pointing the finger saying "Don't forget to buy East that Head Nick CD...oh, and I'm NOT Drunk!!!"

:lol: Errmmm! There was no ulterior motive guys.....honest :whistle::rofl2:

:lol: Errmmm! There was no ulterior motive guys.....honest :whistle::rofl2:

:rofl:

I just saw this at the DRF website...

UPDATE!

Dakota Rock Fest 2009 News!

The temperture is rising and so is the anticipation for Dakota Rock Fest 2009. We've been busy preparing the grounds and working on improvements.

For those of you not familiar with Dakota Rock Fest-this is a true festival not just your ordinary outdoor concert. Be sure to bring your blankets and lawn chairs. We have added more food and beverage outlets to make Dakota Rock Fest more enjoyable for you the ROCK N' ROLL fans.

We will have the band lineups listed in order just as soon as we have travel plans from the bands. If you have any great pictures from last years festival and want them posted on the website feel free to email them to us at klpromoter@yahoo.com

We have some new things in store for you unlike any other festivals so come prepared. We are almost out of VIP tickets so if you want VIP access buy them now. Also buy your regular tickets now for a chance to win a surprise package. We may be adding to the already super show.

STAY TUNED ROCKERS!

Dakota Rock Fest 2009

July 24th & 25th

I just saw this at the DRF website...

If you have any great pictures from last years festival and want them posted on the website feel free to email them to us at klpromoter@yahoo.com

I have a few good ones of Pete I'm sure would be nice to see on the DRF website. :rofl2:

This just posted on the DRF Website:

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?

GOOD NEWS - BAD NEWS!

We just learned that White Lion has canceled all of it's dates this year

for an undisclosed reason. A big thank you goes out to my friends

Firehouse for stepping up on such short notice and taking White Lions place.

All in all I think we all win. Firehouse always show up and puts on an excellent show that never disappoints.

Also, we have to announce the addition of a band sure to please.

Talon will appear on the Dakota Rock Fest stage on Friday.

Don't miss them as they are sure to please.

The days are counting down. Get your camping reservations and tickets now.

We want to see a sea of rockers. DO IT AGAIN!

GREAT NEWS that Talon was added!!! Bad news, no White Lion. I was looking forward to seeing them again. No rip on Firehouse but I have seen them a bazillion times. Always a good show but I am a bit disappointed.

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?

GOOD NEWS - BAD NEWS!

All in all I think we all win. Firehouse always show up and puts on an excellent show that never disappoints.

GREAT NEWS that Talon was added!!! Bad news, no White Lion. I was looking forward to seeing them again. No rip on Firehouse but I have seen them a bazillion times. Always a good show but I am a bit disappointed.

Stupid question, who's Talon? Also is Tango Down pretty good? I've heard none of their songs. Sucks White Lion cancelled, I was looking forward to seeing them. Firehouse does indeed show up every night but they are probably the band I've seen the most and was looking forward to seeing someone different, but that's ok.

Oh, and LOVE your signature Chad!! :tumbsup:

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?

GOOD NEWS - BAD NEWS!

Stupid question, who's Talon? Also is Tango Down pretty good? I've heard none of their songs. Sucks White Lion cancelled, I was looking forward to seeing them. Firehouse does indeed show up every night but they are probably the band I've seen the most and was looking forward to seeing someone different, but that's ok.

Check 'em out! :D

Talon

Tango Down

I love Talon! Very good band. It will be very cool to see them live and hopefully meet the band! :whistle:

Not impressed with the Tango Down cd. I just cannot get into that one.

I love Talon! Very good band. It will be very cool to see them live and hopefully meet the band! :whistle:

How did you like the new tunes on the MySpace page with Alex on vocals?

How did you like the new tunes on the MySpace page with Alex on vocals?

I will check them out when I get home. :guitbannana:

I own their cd, I have spun it quite a few times over the years and it just does not stick with me. Hopefully they will be better live and with the new vocalist.

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?

GOOD NEWS - BAD NEWS!

Backed great signature and very true.

Rick, Talon is really good and there last album from last year "Fallen Angels" is excellent IMO.

What I heard of Tango Down I wasn't sold on but it was live stuff over at Youtube.

I'm bummed about White Lion as I was reeeeeeally looking forward to seeing them live even though it's just Tramp from the old days but Firehouse is always great even though like you guys said I've seen them many times.

Check 'em out! :D

Talon

Tango Down

Thanks for the links Pete. Finally got both listened to. I really liked Talon, that song "Wrecking Ball" smokes! Tango Down was good, but they only had two songs listed and both were marked as demos. I bet both bands sound great live though!

Just received this interesting bit of info from Kevin Leisinger (promoter for DRF):

You'll be happy to hear that Rockarma has formed a new band with Damon at the helm. They will also be appearing at Dakota Rock Fest 2009. I just talked to Damon yesterday & he's all jacked up about being here. He's also bringing a special guest. Please spread the word as I want this show to surpass the other zzzzzz festivals in this town. Let's get everybody Rockin.

Just received this interesting bit of info from Kevin Leisinger (promoter for DRF):

You'll be happy to hear that Rockarma has formed a new band with Damon at the helm. They will also be appearing at Dakota Rock Fest 2009. I just talked to Damon yesterday & he's all jacked up about being here. He's also bringing a special guest. Please spread the word as I want this show to surpass the other zzzzzz festivals in this town. Let's get everybody Rockin.

:unsure:

Hmmmmmm.....I guess Damon will be back behind the VIP bar too!!! :headbanger:

I wonder if they're playing Friday or Saturday and who the hell is playing with him?

I wonder if they're playing Friday or Saturday and who the hell is playing with him?

And who the "special guest" is??

A little less than 2 months to go and the question I have is who are you looking forward to seeing at DRF?

Obviously FarCry is at the top of my list (duh). Definitely going the be the highlight of the night!

Dokken - a very close second. This will be the first time I've seen Don live! I heard them playing from across the street at a concert in Sioux Falls a few years back and they sounded fantastic, can't wait to see them in person

April Wine - I saw these guys in '98 and they put on a fantastic show. Who knows what they will be like after more than 10 years but I'm hoping for the best.

Paisty Jenny - I really like their cd, but last year I was pretty out of it :chug: and busy meeting and visiting with everyone when these guys played early Friday. Hopefully I'll be a little more coherent when they go on this year!

Talon - Just from what I've heard on their Myspace page I like, should be a great show.

My big question marks are Enuff Z Nuff, Head East and Bret Michaels. Hopefully I'll pace myself well enough to make it through to Bret's show. If not, oh well! :banger:

• 2 weeks later...
A little less than 2 months to go and the question I have is who are you looking forward to seeing at DRF?

Obviously FarCry is at the top of my list (duh). Definitely going the be the highlight of the night!

Dokken - a very close second. This will be the first time I've seen Don live! I heard them playing from across the street at a concert in Sioux Falls a few years back and they sounded fantastic, can't wait to see them in person

April Wine - I saw these guys in '98 and they put on a fantastic show. Who knows what they will be like after more than 10 years but I'm hoping for the best.

Paisty Jenny - I really like their cd, but last year I was pretty out of it :chug: and busy meeting and visiting with everyone when these guys played early Friday. Hopefully I'll be a little more coherent when they go on this year!

Talon - Just from what I've heard on their Myspace page I like, should be a great show.

My big question marks are Enuff Z Nuff, Head East and Bret Michaels. Hopefully I'll pace myself well enough to make it through to Bret's show. If not, oh well! :banger:

To be honest I wasn't looking forward to hearing Tango Down all that much but after hearing the two new demos I sure am now. Both tunes are very good.

I'd say besides FarCry I'm looking forward to Dokken, Skid Row, EZN, Bombay Black(these guys rocked last year), Talon and if that other band who shall remain nameless plays I'll look forward to them as well.

Besides Pete and Farcry, I am looking forward to seeing Talon and of course Dokken. Rick, you'll love Dokken. Jon is so great live. You'll think you're seeing George but with more showmanship. Don is a great frontman obviously (hopefully we will get to hear some of his great stories), and Barry beats the shit out of the bass. Wild Mick likes to mix it up and chime in every now and then. It will be a GREAT time!

Also looking forward to April Wine. I have seen them twice. Once in a small bar and once at a rock festival like DRF. Both times they were great. Maybe we can see Skid Row from the stage again this year.... :whistle:

I'm hoping we can see at least one band from back stage this year but it was a lot of luck (and a little help from a Pete Fry business card ;) ) that got us up there last year so I won't hold my breath.