YOUR FIRST

staryder1

• My Little Pony
Kick Axe, Whitesnake and Quiet Riot - Conditional Critical tour 84 or 85, grade 8 or 9.

No shocker I guess: Quiet Riot was the worst of the bunch.

Shocks me...they have been solid...all three times I saw them.

Yeah, but out of those three, they would be the lesser performance.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Solid. But still a notch below Kick Axe and Whitesnake that night.

Kick Axe, Whitesnake and Quiet Riot - Conditional Critical tour 84 or 85, grade 8 or 9.

No shocker I guess: Quiet Riot was the worst of the bunch.

Shocks me...they have been solid...all three times I saw them.

Yeah, but out of those three, they would be the lesser performance.

I was about 12 years old when my uncle took me and my cousin to see KISS in their "Vegas" costumes while promoting their Dynasty and solo albums. New England was opening and I immediately became a huge fan of them also. I spent the first ten minutes of the show excitedly taking pictures from the rafters with my mom and dad's crummy Kodiak camera. No other concert has ever lived up to the excitement and fun I experienced that night and every time I think about it makes me smile.

:)

• 1 month later...
I was about 12 years old when my uncle took me and my cousin to see KISS in their "Vegas" costumes while promoting their Dynasty and solo albums. New England was opening and I immediately became a huge fan of them also. I spent the first ten minutes of the show excitedly taking pictures from the rafters with my mom and dad's crummy Kodiak camera. No other concert has ever lived up to the excitement and fun I experienced that night and every time I think about it makes me smile.

:)

my first concert was in 1976:

Bachman-Turner Overdrive

Kansas

Trooper

at the Capital Centre in Largo, MD.

another show of note:

i saw AC/DC when they were just starting out, open for Kiss at the same venue.

They only played for 30 minutes, but i was hooked!

Aerosmith-Toys tour--first headline tour--at the Spectrum in Philly

Genesis-Lamb tour

Alice Cooper-Nightmare tour

first 3 I actually remember

I wanna say it was 1980 and the band was called Free Fare...they were playing my local High School *I was in 8th Grade* and me and a couple of buddies went on a Friday night. It was surreal to me....as I had never experienced anything like it before!

The band was Christian...as I can remember *not sure*...but that didn't affect anyone as the music was cool and no one seemed to care either way!!!

After that...my first concert...with a mainstream band would have been Bon Jovi who opened up for Donnie Iris back in Youngstown, Ohio. It was also around the time I went to see U2 with Lone Justice opening up......and I'm not sure which of those two was actually first!! It was so long ago that I'm not really sure!! LOL

Those dudes in Free Fare must have toured High Schools all over the country. I saw them at my high school in Maryland. You don't know how many times I have tried to remember their name over the years. I never could remember the name Free Fare.... So THANKS. But as I remember, they were really good... Wonder whatever happened to them...?

I also saw Free Fare at my high school in Kansas City & they were really good! I think there were several bands with the same name that toured all over the country. But the one thing I will never forget was their encore song:THIS TOWN ROCKS by SAXON!! I was shocked as hell because I think me & the friend I was with were the only ones that knew what this song was.... :headbanger:

I saw KISS with New England opening on the Dynasty tour back in July 1979 at Madison Square Garden. My God, I couldn't hear for days!! I still remember every second of that concert.

Faster Pussycat opening for Motley Crue on the Dr. Feelgood tour. Suppose that was 1989. La Crosse Civic Center, La Crosse, WI. I would have been 16 years old.

A few of the things I remember from that show:

1. General admission on the main floor.

2. I held onto the railing that kept the crowd from Security and the stage...roughly at center stage. At times I was getting pulled away from the railing and other times I was getting my ribs crushed by the railing.

3. The eb and flow of the crowd was amazing. I'm not sure my feet touched the floor once we were rockin'. Everyone was just stepping on everyones ankles and legs.

4. That suffocating, thick air. If you could get your head up high enough you could catch a breath of "fresh air".

5. Some girl passing out and almost going under. We pulled her up and everyone body surfed her to the right.

6. Tommy Lee's drum solo in the cage that went up to the ceiling and spun him upside down and every which way. Cool.

7. Some girl sticking her hand up my shirt from behind and diggin' her claws into my upper chest to hold on. At first, cool, after a few minutes, not so much.

8. Still having both "high tops" in the end. Though it was my first concert, I knew enough to tie plenty of knots to keep my shoes on. At the end all but the last few knots had pulled through.

9. Not having enough coin to buy a concert shirt. Must have been around $15 back then if I recall?

Good times...

My first concert was IRON MAIDEN/AXE/CONEY HATCH IN 1983 I think...I know it was the "PIECE OF MIND" tour...a couple of days later I believe I saw AC/DC & YNGWIE MALMSTEEN...That was the "FLICK OF THE SWITCH" tour...Then in '84 I saw WASP/METALLICA/ARMORED SAINT & that show totally killed!!!!

My first concert was IRON MAIDEN/AXE/CONEY HATCH IN 1983 I think...I know it was the "PIECE OF MIND" tour...a couple of days later I believe I saw AC/DC & YNGWIE MALMSTEEN...That was the "FLICK OF THE SWITCH" tour...Then in '84 I saw WASP/METALLICA/ARMORED SAINT & that show totally killed!!!!

Wow - Maiden, Axe and The Hatch, Brilliant bill. Bet that was a cool show.

Axe and Coney Hatch, two bands I would have loved to have seen back in the day.

Wow - Maiden, Axe and The Hatch, Brilliant bill. Bet that was a cool show.

Axe and Coney Hatch, two bands I would have loved to have seen back in the day.

From what I can remember it was a very cool show...I was into all 3 bands at the time so I enjoyed that loaded triple bill. Some other shows that I saw in '84/'85 were SCORPIONS/BON JOVI...MOTLEY CRUE/SAXON...RATT/BON JOVI...ROUGH CUTT... :headbanger:

my first concert would have been Blue Oyster Cult & Black Sabbath in Salt Lake city, 1980, but my parents would not let me go with my older brother, just as well he got busted in the men's room selling drugs...lol...so my first concert was in Salt Lake City, 1984, Ozzy & Motley Crue, (Bark at the moon & shout at the devil tour), everyone was totally wasted around us, but not me, I wanted to remember the show.... :) Concerts for us were major events, we had to travel 300 miles for each one....but they were worth it!

mine was probably 1977, blue oyster cult agents of fortune tour with ian hunter opening..great time

the first 3 (i don't recall the dates or the order i saw them coz i don't have any memorabilia from them and they were 20 years ago) were chris de burgh, deep purple and spitfire/armageddon(this was 1989). then raven/running wild in greece(91). i didn't see r.wild though....i still remember the crowd shouting "all for one" when the "pirates" entered the stage.....what a disgrace! raven opening for r.wild instead the opposite....ah well.....

• 2 weeks later...
my first concert would have been Blue Oyster Cult & Black Sabbath in Salt Lake city, 1980, but my parents would not let me go with my older brother, just as well he got busted in the men's room selling drugs...lol...so my first concert was in Salt Lake City, 1984, Ozzy & Motley Crue, (Bark at the moon & shout at the devil tour), everyone was totally wasted around us, but not me, I wanted to remember the show.... :) Concerts for us were major events, we had to travel 300 miles for each one....but they were worth it!

Was your brother really busted for drugs or :whistle: ?