phaffas

Official "Best of 2008" Thread

Before any modern rock albums rated (and I honestly believe they will completely dominate this year), my current top 10 looks like this;

1. Silly Fools - The One
2. H.E.A.T - H.E.A.T
3. Khymera - The Greatest Wonder
4. 7th Heaven - USA-UK
5. Marcello-Vestry - Marcello-Vestry
6. Rockarma - Bring It
7. Brother Firetribe - Heart Full Of Fire
8. Work Of Art - Artwork
9. Farcry - High Gear
10. Human Zoo - Over The Horizon
Fallbrooke was released in 2008, wasn't it? I bet that and Hinder will both be in my top 5, with Silly Fools.

On 1/2/2009 at 10:51 PM, Glen said:

Final list -

1. Journey - Revelation

2. Work Of Art - Artwork

3. Whitesnake - Good To Be Bad

4. Hinder - Take It To The Limit

5. Jeff Scott Soto - Beautiful Mess

5. Story Of The Year - The Black Swan

6. Bulletproof Messenger - Arm Yourself

7. Metallica - Death Magnetic

8. HEAT - s/t

9. Brother Firetribe - Heart Full Of Fire

10. Jimi Jamison - Crossroads Moment (ex the 5 theatrical crap songs the remaining 10 are all killer)

11. Marcello/Vestry - s/t

12. Harem Scarem - Hope

13. Sturm Und Drang - Rock n Roll Children

14. Simple Plan - s/t

15. Disciple - Southern Hospitality

16. Shinedown - The Sound Of Madness

17. Tesla - Forevermore

18. Khymera - The Greatest Wonder

19. Anberlin - New Surrender

20. Safety Suit - Life Left To Go

Disappointments -

Avantasia (after Lost in Space i & ii this really should have been brilliant, but was just average), GnR (I liked GnR when they were GnR), Jorn (lost the plot), Edguy ( :crying: nothing more to say - huge disappointment), Elevener (I know a few have rated this but to me just sounds like a poor mans Gregg Rolie)

Surprise of the year - The Old Schoolers!!!! Take a bow Journey, Whitesnake & Metallica - huge returns to form :bowdown:

I just hope 2009 is even better!

:drink:

Marcello/Vestry at no.11! For me, that was the best melodic rock album of the year by a long mile. It's one of my favouritres to this day. Ya i understand musical taste differ from individual to individual but I really believe M/V should be much higher up the ladder than some of the albums in ur top 10.

On 5/17/2016 at 5:41 PM, Glen said:

So aside from if the disc is actually any good or not, the ones I still play on a regular basis are..........

2. Work Of Art - Artwork

4. Hinder - Take It To The Limit

11. Marcello/Vestry - s/t

12. Harem Scarem - Hope

20. Safety Suit - Life Left To Go

And why the hell was Eclipse not on my list???? I still play 'Are you ready to rock' on a pretty regular basis. So revised top 5 -

1. Work Of Art - Artwork

2. Hinder - Take It To The Limit

3. Eclipse - Are You Ready To Rock

4. Marcello/Vestry - s/t

5. Harem Scarem - Hope

Oh ok...that make more sense : )