Lost - Season Premier January 31st

Stefan

And let me guess. You 'Lost' haters all enjoy 'CSI', 'Law and Order' and every horrifying same-as-f*ck boring poofter crime/courtroom/hostpital show on TV?

In conclusion, 99% of TV sucks dog balls but 'Lost' f*cking rules!

My opinion is that 'Lost' sucks. Seeing as my previous, very correct opinion that Cauterize and Posion also suck Llama scrotums, then I expect this one to be respected aswell!! :D

RESPECT!!!! :bowdown:

:lol:

3/3 wrong... need there be more proof?

And let me guess. You 'Lost' haters all enjoy 'CSI', 'Law and Order' and every horrifying same-as-f*ck boring poofter crime/courtroom/hostpital show on TV?

Pretty much.

Never seen an episode of Lost, but the commercials just scream out "soap opera at sea". No interest at all.

Then again, I'm not a fan of TV series where continuity is critical. Because my schedule is so sporadic, nothing pisses me off more than tuning in a show only to find out I'm clueless because I missed the previous episode.

That's part of the reason I love CSI, L&O, Criminal Minds, etc. Each episode stands alone. It starts and wraps up (for the most part) each hour; this is what makes them so great for syndication. They're great for late-night watching on off-channels because you don't have to worry about when the next episode is on or if you saw the previous one. Furthermore, they stay pretty much on-topic; minimal involvement of the main characters' personal lives detracting from the case at hand.

That, and I'm a crime/police/law junkie. Not so much on the hospital stuff though. Not a fan of ER.

I liked the first season of House, for the most part. I think Hugh Laurie's character is brilliant, and I love the medical investigation. What I can't stand is the hospital administration interference, the new boss, etc., etc. Stick with the medical stuff and I'm riveted. Add in the other subplots and I'm outta here.

Despite my love of the subject, I never got into the continuity-based police dramas either. I tried NYPD Blue, The Shield, and Homicide: Life on the Street, but couldn't get past the continuity (and soap opera nature).

I like my criminal cases to stick to the topic at hand. This is probably why I also like the Police "ride-along" shows (Cops was the originator of the style... the real "reality TV"... not this scripted bullshit that is so prevalent). The First 48, Cold Case Files, Manhunters: Fugitive Task Force, etc.

The new series I'm diggin' right now is "Leverage" on TNT. Think "A-Team" crossed with "Ocean's 11". Very campy, but fun.

Pretty much.

Never seen an episode of Lost, but the commercials just scream out "soap opera at sea". No interest at all.

Then again, I'm not a fan of TV series where continuity is critical. Because my schedule is so sporadic, nothing pisses me off more than tuning in a show only to find out I'm clueless because I missed the previous episode.

That's part of the reason I love CSI, L&O, Criminal Minds, etc. Each episode stands alone. It starts and wraps up (for the most part) each hour; this is what makes them so great for syndication. They're great for late-night watching on off-channels because you don't have to worry about when the next episode is on or if you saw the previous one. Furthermore, they stay pretty much on-topic; minimal involvement of the main characters' personal lives detracting from the case at hand.

That, and I'm a crime/police/law junkie. Not so much on the hospital stuff though. Not a fan of ER.

Interestingly enough, despite my love of the subject, I never got into the continuity-based police dramas either. I tried NYPD Blue, The Shield, and Homicide: Life on the Street, but couldn't get past the continuity (and soap opera nature).

I like my criminal cases to stick to the topic at hand. This is probably why I also like the Police "ride-along" shows (Cops was the originator of the style... the real "reality TV"... not this scripted bullshit that is so prevalent). The First 48, Cold Case Files, Manhunters: Fugitive Task Force, etc.

The new series I'm diggin' right now is "Leverage" on TNT. Think "A-Team" crossed with "Ocean's 11". Very campy, but fun.

I love the concept of a good non-continuous show too, and did used to enjoy those "horror" sort of ones. Even 'X-Files'. Was it 'Tales from the Crypt'? The thing I just can't stand about these crime shows is, to me, each episode is a carbon copy of the last, and of the other show on at the same time on another channel. :(

I love the concept of a good non-continuous show too, and did used to enjoy those "horror" sort of ones. Even 'X-Files'. Was it 'Tales from the Crypt'? The thing I just can't stand about these crime shows is, to me, each episode is a carbon copy of the last, and of the other show on at the same time on another channel. :(

On their surfaces, perhaps, but I like the legal and investigative subtleties and styles. My favorites are L&O: Criminal Intent (love the ensemble cast of that one), Criminal Minds (dig the profiling aspect), and CSI: New York (big fan of Gary Sinise).

The original CSI and L&O both got a bit long in the tooth for me, although since it's now been about 3 years since I watched either one, I may go back and catch up.

For mindless entertainment, I like Dog the Bounty Hunter. Like seeing white trash make good. ;)

(if you can't tell by now from the shows I've listed in this thread, if it's not a crime drama on CBS, sports coverage on ESPN, or a live sports event, my TV is pretty much always on A&E)

-Dan

Actually I don't watch any of those crime shows either (or hospital/courtroom). Really boring stuff. I agree that 99% of TV sucks and "Lost" is really one of them. And the fact that something continues in a never ending story episode after episode is annoying. Miss one/couple of episodes and your...Lost ;)

On their surfaces, perhaps, but I like the legal and investigative subtleties and styles. My favorites are L&O: Criminal Intent (love the ensemble cast of that one), Criminal Minds (dig the profiling aspect), and CSI: New York (big fan of Gary Sinise).

The original CSI and L&O both got a bit long in the tooth for me, although since it's now been about 3 years since I watched either one, I may go back and catch up.

For mindless entertainment, I like Dog the Bounty Hunter. Like seeing white trash make good. ;)

(if you can't tell by now from the shows I've listed in this thread, if it's not a crime drama on CBS, sports coverage on ESPN, or a live sports event, my TV is pretty much always on A&E)

-Dan

Dan if you like Crime shows check out the show "Life" on NBC.

Great show IMO with a great story line. :tumbsup:

I think someone should combine Dan's two favorite things and make a police drama with lots of music videos in it. Like, the police could chase the bad guys down an alley and then spotlights come up and a dance number a la "West Side Story" could break out and the baddies sing and the coppers reply in song as well and then there could be extras popping out of windows and cars and used as backing vocalists and every song could reach a crescendo until the violence seems almost poetic! And they could call the show something really cool. Something like...oh, I dunno...Cop Rock, maybe!

(I wonder if Steven Bochco would be interested in something like that?) :P

I enjoy an occasional "Law and Order" episode... but splitting the concept up into multiple series ("Criminal Intent," "Special Victims Unit," etc.) is a bit much...shoot, it seems like there's ALWAYS an episode of one of the L&O's playing on TV at any given time... maybe someday there'll be an all-L&O network!! :crazy:

Actually I don't watch any of those crime shows either (or hospital/courtroom). Really boring stuff. I agree that 99% of TV sucks and "Lost" is really one of them. And the fact that something continues in a never ending story episode after episode is annoying. Miss one/couple of episodes and your...Lost ;)

I don't get how you can dislike a show just because it has a continuous story and if you miss an episode you're lost. That doesn't really have anything to do with the quality of the show... more about the way you do or do not watch it.

I personally find most enjoyment, by far, in shows with a continuous story. How else are you supposed to get hooked and feel something for the story/characters you're bothering to watch each week?

I don't get how you can dislike a show just because it has a continuous story and if you miss an episode you're lost. That doesn't really have anything to do with the quality of the show... more about the way you do or do not watch it.

I personally find most enjoyment, by far, in shows with a continuous story. How else are you supposed to get hooked and feel something for the story/characters you're bothering to watch each week?

I never said that I hate a show BECAUSE of its continuous story, that only adds fuel to the fire. If I don't like it from scratch, I'm not gonna like it even if it's a new story every time. Do ya geddit? :unsure:

The "missing an episode" thing really is based on the fact that (even if you can record it) I simply don't have time to watch the telly. Sporadically yes but not when I want to. When you get children you will know.... ;)

Believe me, you will fucking know... :(

BTW That don't necessarily and obviously mean I hate something 'cause I don't have time for it...

Not being able to see TV would be no big loss for me. As long as I get to see 'Survivor' and 'Lost' (and the footy, of course, through *shudders* Winter) I'd be content. And no kid would ever stop me from watching them. :)

And no kid would ever stop me from watching them. :)

Yes, if you have two sets of tellys. If you only have one you're in for a big suprise mate.... :omg:

We have about 4 at the moment (2 we got for free). :lol: Only two get used, but that won't be a problem. :)