Genres tweaked and new genre: "Modern Hard Rock"

heavyharmonies

Some nice changes there, Dan!!!

However, if you've changed "Hard Rock" to "80s Hard Rock", where would new bands who play 80s-style hard rock fit in? In the "80s Hard Rock" category, or in the "Modern Hard Rock" category? 'Cause i believe the latter would contain bands like Nickelback etc, and i don't think a band like Crazy Lixx would fit into that category, so i assume it'll be in the "80s Hard Rock" category and yet the band did not come out in the 80s...it could be slightly misleading..

>> However, if you've changed "Hard Rock" to "80s Hard Rock", where would new bands who play 80s-style hard rock fit in? In the "80s Hard Rock" category, or in the "Modern Hard Rock" category? <<

They'd go in the BRAND NEW category, "Bands That Were Formed Well After The 80's Ended Yet Sound LIke They Would Fit In With The 80's Bands Although They Are Quite Literally Modern Rock Bands In That They Were Formed, As Was Already Pointed Out (See Line Above), Well After The 80's Ended"

That'd work

:unsure:

So where does the Modern Metal Screamo/Deathcore stuff go then? (In the garbage bin, perhaps? :lol: )

Great changes, and Nickleback should definitely be on here....

However, if you've changed "Hard Rock" to "80s Hard Rock", where would new bands who play 80s-style hard rock fit in? In the "80s Hard Rock" category, or in the "Modern Hard Rock" category? 'Cause i believe the latter would contain bands like Nickelback etc, and i don't think a band like Crazy Lixx would fit into that category, so i assume it'll be in the "80s Hard Rock" category and yet the band did not come out in the 80s...it could be slightly misleading..

You're taking it too literally. :)

Think sound/style not date. If it sounds like stereotypical 80s hard rock it belongs in that category.

The genre devisions at HH are based on style; always have been.

>> However, if you've changed "Hard Rock" to "80s Hard Rock", where would new bands who play 80s-style hard rock fit in? In the "80s Hard Rock" category, or in the "Modern Hard Rock" category? <<

They'd go in the BRAND NEW category, "Bands That Were Formed Well After The 80's Ended Yet Sound LIke They Would Fit In With The 80's Bands Although They Are Quite Literally Modern Rock Bands In That They Were Formed, As Was Already Pointed Out (See Line Above), Well After The 80's Ended"

That'd work

Added.

Not.

• My Little Pony

You're taking it too literally. :)

Think sound/style not date. If it sounds like stereotypical 80s hard rock it belongs in that category.

The genre devisions at HH are based on style; always have been.

That'd work

Added.

Not.

What? Why not? That would clear things up a lot! Haha!

I'm really enjoying the change, and let's not get too worked up here. It's a mere category change. Dan ain't tossin' bands off the site, he's making it easier to allow more bands on.

Cheers, Dan.

Peace

>> Well Duh. It's taken you this many years to figure that shit out? Dayum... <<

Well, no, just figured I'd finally make a public announcement regarding the fact. I first figgered it out in Vegas when you wore that shirt proclaiming your love for goats .. or sheep ... or ferrets ...

And dude! C'mon, I worked SOOOOOOOOOO hard on that category - it'd be easy to fill. Just take all the new Swedish bands and toss 'em in there!

LOL

:D

and I've added a category for "Modern Hard Rock"

Geoff will be more or less alone in this category, I guess... :whistle:

Nah, some of us actually know how to enjoy both the "classics" (Warrant, Bonfire, Black-N-Blue, etc.) as well as the current stuff (Hinder, Nickelback, Disciple, etc.). I'm as comfortable listening to Europe's "Prisoners in Paradise" as I am listening to Pillar's "For the Love of the Game." Loving one does not exclude the other. When it comes to melodic hard rock/metal, I am not monogamous. ;)

Nah, some of us actually know how to enjoy both the "classics" (Warrant, Bonfire, Black-N-Blue, etc.) as well as the current stuff (Hinder, Nickelback, Disciple, etc.). I'm as comfortable listening to Europe's "Prisoners in Paradise" as I am listening to Pillar's "For the Love of the Game." Loving one does not exclude the other. When it comes to melodic hard rock/metal, I am not monogamous. ;)

Backed!

I'm really loving Shinedown and Black Stone Cherry of late...

Backed!

Of course you backed me. I'm pretty sure you're contractually obligated to do so.

Backed!

Of course you backed me. I'm pretty sure you're contractually obligated to do so.

The last time I disagreed I was in court for weeks. :(

Backed!

And you still haven't paid me my settlement. I believe you were supposed to supply me with 5 free copies of Rockarma: "Bring it." Don't make me tell the judge you are refusing to comply.

Backed!

And you still haven't paid me my settlement. I believe you were supposed to supply me with 5 free copies of Rockarma: "Bring it." Don't make me tell the judge you are refusing to comply.

As long as you don't want the Japanese release I can probably make that happen... ;)

btw, hope you had a good Christmas Mark! :christmas:

Backed!

As long as you don't want the Japanese release I can probably make that happen... ;)

btw, hope you had a good Christmas, Mark! :christmas:

Japan? Who cares about Japan? The only good things over there are the hot girls and the sushi.

And yes, my Christmas was great; I spent it with 117 inmates, making $67/hr. I want to take this opportunity to thank all you taxpayers who pony up for my salary.