Take That - Rule The World

Faron

Been hearing this song a lot of late and think it`s absolute quality. :tumbsup:

I`ve just read up on it and it was for a film in 2007 called Stardust.

I`ll probably have this thread ignored or the piss taken out of me or both :lol:

Just ordered the Deluxe edition of their Beautiful World album for Mrs Rock Fan`s christmas present and for me to listen :tumbsup:

Anyone else like this boyband, who are quality, regardless of what the majority of you might think :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

I'ma back you up, buddy. I loved this album. It's very chill, and it's not at all like their previous stuff. Beautiful World is a great song, too.

Unfortunately for you, me agreeing with you will do nothing for your dignity - everyone already thinks I have terrible taste.

I'ma back you up, buddy. I loved this album. It's very chill, and it's not at all like their previous stuff. Beautiful World is a great song, too.

Unfortunately for you, me agreeing with you will do nothing for your dignity - everyone already thinks I have terrible taste.

Cheers matey, we all like what we like and aren`t afraid to mention it :tumbsup:

I lost my dignity the day I sent my first post here :lol:

I like that song........

Well done Ian, some honest enough to admit it :tumbsup:

It is great song though and certainly not the only by this band :tumbsup:

I'm sorry mate....just not my bag at all, but they're doing the business over here at the moment and at least they're better than all the tat that has followed on from them I guess.

I must admit I thought Mark Owens song Clementine from a few years back was okay.

Isn't Robbie mooted as rejoining ...hahaha, now his career is washed up he's gonna have to eat humble pie!

The new album cover is terrible though haha!

I'm sorry mate....just not my bag at all, but they're doing the business over here at the moment and at least they're better than all the tat that has followed on from them I guess.

I must admit I thought Mark Owens song Clementine from a few years back was okay.

Isn't Robbie mooted as rejoining ...hahaha, now his career is washed up he's gonna have to eat humble pie!

The new album cover is terrible though haha!

Not normally my cup of tea either Nick but constantly hearing these songs on the radio usually gets into my head,especially the good one`s! :tumbsup:

I downloaded their last album for my wife (is it off that one?) but not even she was interested in this. :lol: I spun a couple of tracks on the PC (never even made it onto CDR) and it was certainly not my thing.

Don't mean to be controversial, but I am starting to see big similarities between the British and Christians. It's not even a bad thing, but both seem very, shall we say, lenient (even contradictory?) when it comes to their own. ;)

I downloaded their last album for my wife (is it off that one?) but not even she was interested in this. :lol: I spun a couple of tracks on the PC (never even made it onto CDR) and it was certainly not my thing.

I know what you mean, I mean their not nearly as Rockin' as Pacific Avenue. :lol:

I know what you mean, I mean their not nearly as Rockin' as Pacific Avenue. :lol:

You jest, but jokes aside this is true. Obviously you're not one of them, but there's a lot of names here that belted the shit out of Pacific Avenue (who are, at least, a light poofter 'soft rock' band) and they come here and praise this? Clowns. I persist that if anyone actually heard the gay songs on Pacific Avenue's official site they actually sounded like (only slightly) watered down Blanc Faces songs.

Not to worry, though, these guys are British so that's all that matters. ;)

You jest, but jokes aside this is true. Obviously you're not one of them, but there's a lot of names here that belted the shit out of Pacific Avenue (who are, at least, a light poofter 'soft rock' band) and they come here and praise this? Clowns. I persist that if anyone actually heard the gay songs on Pacific Avenue's official site they actually sounded like (only slightly) watered down Blanc Faces songs.

If it's any consolation I hate both of them(not Blanc Faces whom I've enver heard), them being Take That(take what exactly, sounds like a Gay inuendo to me) and Pacific Avenue. :lol:

Just out of curiosity, why have you heard Take That and Pacific Avenue but not Blanc Faces? That's a bit queer.

If Take That is the same band, I mean shitty music, I'm thinking of then they've been on the radio and tv before and if memory serves is useless pop crap and as for Pac Ave, you did a thread about them with a link to some dreadful video or samples that sounded like lost tracks to some NSYNC or Backdoor Boys album.

I've seen you and others talk about Blanc Faces but havne't had the pleasure of hearing them yet.

I've seen you and others talk about Blanc Faces but havne't had the pleasure of hearing them yet.

Their debut is marvelous.

As marvelous as Danger Danger's debut?

No, but it's freakin' good.

It's like pulling teeth! But lots like it so who am I to argue.

It's like pulling teeth!

Since when has pulling teeth been considered so awesome? Ah, you're such a kidder, my good man.

A song is a good song whoever sings it, plays it, or wherever they come from, end of story (I think you have said that a few times on here before). Take That are shite, but on this one ocassion, I will give 'em credit. Hell if Poison or Cauterize had ever written a good tune, I would have admitted that aswell. Strangely I am still waiting for that miracle to happen. :D

It's like pulling teeth!

Since when has pulling teeth been considered so awesome? Ah, you're such a kidder, my good man.

Hahaha my poor teef!

Hang on though matey ... you say you hate all this predictable AOR stuff yet that's exactly how the Blanc Faces disc came across to me.

P.S. this in no way condones me thinking Take That are great because I'm British..I don't - they pretty much suck ....but then all boy bands do! Except Cliff Richard and the Shadows!!!!