Armored Saint

Fat Freddy

Just saw this on Blabbermouth and did a lil' happy dance :banana:

ARMORED SAINT Working On New Studio Album - Dec. 11, 2008

Veteran California metallers ARMORED SAINT have issued the following update:

"Due to the nature of vague speculation albeit created by your authors here, ARMORED SAINT are officially announcing that they’ve begun writing new songs for a new record due in 2009.

"The band lineup is as it was on 2000's 'Revelation' and 1992's 'Symbol of Salvation':

John Bush (vocals)

Jeff Duncan (guitar)

Phil Sandoval (guitar)

Joey Vera (bass)

Gonzo (drums)

"The band has written close to 12 songs as of now and are ready to enter the recording studio in the next month or so.

"Some working titles include: 'Loose Cannon', 'Chilled', 'La Raza' and 'Black Feet'.

"The band plans on entering the studio with bassist Joey Vera handling the engineering and producing duties.

"SAINT will be headlining one show in Los Angeles at the Key Club on March 6, 2009. Aside from the co-headline tour in Australia in March with DEATH ANGEL and the headlining of the Keep it True festival in Germany in April, the band has no further shows booked at this time. There are a few festivals in Europe during summer being looked at for booking but no confirmations as of yet."

• 2023 Gold Donors
Just saw this on Blabbermouth and did a lil' happy dance :banana:

ARMORED SAINT Working On New Studio Album - Dec. 11, 2008

Veteran California metallers ARMORED SAINT have issued the following update:

"Due to the nature of vague speculation albeit created by your authors here, ARMORED SAINT are officially announcing that they’ve begun writing new songs for a new record due in 2009.

"The band lineup is as it was on 2000's 'Revelation' and 1992's 'Symbol of Salvation':

John Bush (vocals)

Jeff Duncan (guitar)

Phil Sandoval (guitar)

Joey Vera (bass)

Gonzo (drums)

"The band has written close to 12 songs as of now and are ready to enter the recording studio in the next month or so.

"Some working titles include: 'Loose Cannon', 'Chilled', 'La Raza' and 'Black Feet'.

"The band plans on entering the studio with bassist Joey Vera handling the engineering and producing duties.

"SAINT will be headlining one show in Los Angeles at the Key Club on March 6, 2009. Aside from the co-headline tour in Australia in March with DEATH ANGEL and the headlining of the Keep it True festival in Germany in April, the band has no further shows booked at this time. There are a few festivals in Europe during summer being looked at for booking but no confirmations as of yet."

Sounds good! See they still have Jeff Duncan from Odin' on guitar-thats cool.

• 2 weeks later...
Can't wait to hear it and I hope it's as good as "Revelation"... :banger:

I hope it's better, 'cause I wasn't particularly impressed with "Revelation." I think "Symbol of Salvation" is far superior.

I hope it's better, 'cause I wasn't particularly impressed with "Revelation." I think "Symbol of Salvation" is far superior.

Well hell yeah Symbol is superior it's only one of the top Metal albums of all time IMO. :headbanger:

I was just using Revelation as an example because it was the last studio release, but for the record I was hugely impressed with it. :banger:

Well hell yeah Symbol is superior, it's only one of the top Metal albums of all time IMO. I was just using Revelation as an example because it was the last studio release, but for the record I was hugely impressed with it.

OK, I'm not willing to go "top metal album," but I do really enjoy "Symbol of Salvation." "Revelation," however, while bearing excellent production, failed me in the songwriting department like a half-dead coke whore fails to give good hummers. The only track I liked off that CD was "Deep Rooted Anger." Give me the sharp production of "Revelation" with the songwriting prowess of "Symbol" and I shall be a happy headbanger. :banger:

Well hell yeah Symbol is superior, it's only one of the top Metal albums of all time IMO. I was just using Revelation as an example because it was the last studio release, but for the record I was hugely impressed with it.

OK, I'm not willing to go "top metal album," but I do really enjoy "Symbol of Salvation." "Revelation," however, while bearing excellent production, failed me in the songwriting department like a half-dead coke whore fails to give good hummers. The only track I liked off that CD was "Deep Rooted Anger." Give me the sharp production of "Revelation" with the songwriting prowess of "Symbol" and I shall be a happy headbanger. :banger:

You mean you didn't like the track After Me, The Flood! That is one of the best songs I think Armored Saint ever did.

I liked REVELATION a lot but SYMBOL OF SALVATION smokes it... but hey, if the new stuff is on par with either of those discs I'll be happy. :banger:

You mean you didn't like the track After Me, The Flood! That is one of the best songs I think Armored Saint ever did.

Let me clarify: there was nothing on "Revelation" that I thought was outright terrible, but aside from "Deep Rooted Anger" I thought the whole thing sounded like rather generic, dime-a-dozen, why-listen-to-this-when-there's-so-much-better-out-there heavy metal, something "Symbol" could never be accused of. But hey, seeing as how I sold you my copy of "Revelation," I'm glad you're digging it! I spent that $2 on a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee, which gave me more pleasure than listening to "Revelation" did...

Let me clarify: there was nothing on "Revelation" that I thought was outright terrible, but aside from "Deep Rooted Anger" I thought the whole thing sounded like rather generic, dime-a-dozen, why-listen-to-this-when-there's-so-much-better-out-there heavy metal, something "Symbol" could never be accused of. But hey, seeing as how I sold you my copy of "Revelation," I'm glad you're digging it! I spent that $2 on a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee, which gave me more pleasure than listening to "Revelation" did...

Got me there. I guess I'm glad you didn't like this CD much otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here listening to it right now drinking my own crappy coffee :drink:

• 6 months later...

Metal Blade has released a demo MP3 of a new Armored Saint song, "Loose Cannon" -- you can download it here for free:

http://www.metalblade.com/mp3/Loose_Cannon.zip

For some stupid reason the MP3 is in a ZIP file so you'll need AlphaZip or WinZIP or a similar program to crack it open and hear the song. Pain in the ass but it sounds like a decent enough tune (if a bit rough)...

N-joy.

Nobody checked out the new Saint tune? Wes? Pete? Eric? Sean? Where ya all at? HOLLA!