Hot Boy - Barely Legal

Swazi

I am so disappointed that I don't visited this board a few years back. I would have bought the Hot Boy disc right on the spot. Especially for that price. For 40 bucks or something. Missed opportunity! :(

So would somebody sell it to me for 40 bucks? :whistle:

• My Little Pony
I am so disappointed that I don't visited this board a few years back. I would have bought the Hot Boy disc right on the spot. Especially for that price. For 40 bucks or something. Missed opportunity! :(

I can sell you mine for 400 bucks. That's what you meant, right? That was just a typo?

I can sell you mine for 400 bucks. That's what you meant, right? That was just a typo?

No. But you're right. It was a typo. I meant 40 ducks.... <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, that dude obviously didn't sell and reduced the price:

New Hot Boy auction

Anyone interested now ? :lol:

• 8 years later...

It's cheating because it's only an EP, but this is in my top six recordings of all time. I guess the other way I could put it is that it is the best EP in history, in my honest opinion.

• 1 year later...
On 5/13/2017 at 6:26 AM, Geoff said:

It's cheating because it's only an EP, but this is in my top six recordings of all time. I guess the other way I could put it is that it is the best EP in history, in my honest opinion.

Wow, you are so kind. Did you ever get a copy?

I only ever managed to download a naughty copy once. And while I would never say it was the most amazing album/EP ever, there were some fun songs on it and would have liked to have picked up a copy if it was reasonably priced.

Gotta be a reissue someday hopefully.

On 5/13/2017 at 6:26 AM, Geoff said:

I told my entire story regarding this release WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in the day on this site.  These guys are from my neck of the woods and I purchased my first copy of the CD from a place called LOCALS ONLY back in the very early 1990's.

Long story short, the "band" was really only the lead singer with some local hired guns to fill-out the roster, but that EP is one of my favorite BIG 80'S releases as well.  I wish all indies lived up to the hype that this one does.

I actually purchased about 6 or 7 sealed cassette tapes of Barely Legal when another local record store went out of business a while ago (For What It's Worth Records & Tapes).  Dude brought out some deadstock stock that literally hadn't seen the light of day since the 1980's before he went OOB.  In addition to the Hot Boy tapes, I got a bunch of LP's (including Bon Jovi - New Jersey) that still had the original price tags on them with dates.  I should have bought WAY more stuff.  True original releases.

I "may" have one extra original CD of Barely Legal I'd be willing to trade.  I'll take a look this weekend.

SIDE NOTE... The place that YOUNG WILD & FREE video was shot was called STARRY NIGHT back in the day.  It's now called ROSELAND.  I cannot begin to tell you how many bands I've seen there over the years... Black N Blue, Satriani, Dan Reed Network, Whitesnake... the list is WAY too long.  Heck, I bullshitted with Gene Simmons in that place once.

My only regret regarding that place, passing on free tickets to see Motley Crue in November of 1983.  I'd just seen them in San Diego with Def Leppard a couple months earlier and I didn't think they were going to be all that big or all that special.  **** ME!

On 6/15/2018 at 8:33 AM, gener8tr said:

I told my entire story regarding this release WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in the day on this site.  These guys are from my neck of the woods and I purchased my first copy of the CD from a place called LOCALS ONLY back in the very early 1990's.

Long story short, the "band" was really only the lead singer with some local hired guns to fill-out the roster, but that EP is one of my favorite BIG 80'S releases as well.  I wish all indies lived up to the hype that this one does.

I actually purchased about 6 or 7 sealed cassette tapes of Barely Legal when another local record store went out of business a while ago (For What It's Worth Records & Tapes).  Dude brought out some deadstock stock that literally hadn't seen the light of day since the 1980's before he went OOB.  In addition to the Hot Boy tapes, I got a bunch of LP's (including Bon Jovi - New Jersey) that still had the original price tags on them with dates.  I should have bought WAY more stuff.  True original releases.

I "may" have one extra original CD of Barely Legal I'd be willing to trade.  I'll take a look this weekend.

SIDE NOTE... The place that YOUNG WILD & FREE video was shot was called STARRY NIGHT back in the day.  It's now called ROSELAND.  I cannot begin to tell you how many bands I've seen there over the years... Black N Blue, Satriani, Dan Reed Network, Whitesnake... the list is WAY too long.  Heck, I bullshitted with Gene Simmons in that place once.

My only regret regarding that place, passing on free tickets to see Motley Crue in November of 1983.  I'd just seen them in San Diego with Def Leppard a couple months earlier and I didn't think they were going to be all that big or all that special.  **** ME!

great story......love hearing these bits of nostalgia.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 7:34 AM, Scream said:

Wow, you are so kind. Did you ever get a copy?

Sorry for the late reply - been in the tropics on holiday - but no, sadly I never found a copy of this one. :(

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

Please don't..... Geoff will want to touch it! 

That's the only reason he's actually pulling it out again. 

• Haha 2

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Geoff said:

That's the only reason he's actually pulling it out again. 

We're so seldom on the same page. But when we are, fuck are we ever on the same page!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1