Which Christmas film appeals the most?

Faron

As I love Christmas, the festive films are what I look forward to! :)

Miracle On 34th Street is a good one.

Santa Clause 3 we watched the other day.

I remember watching a sad film called The Christmas Tree (When Wolves Cry) with William Holden, always liked this one.

The classic Scrooge with Alastair Sim :tumbsup:

Mainly any version of A Christmas Carol/Scrooge...except the Muppet one....I try and watch every version that's showing on TV.

Polar Express I enjoyed when I watched it a couple of years ago with the little fella.

I suppose It's a Wonderful Life is one of my faves too, although Christmas with the Kranks is pretty funny.

I have forgotten the name of it but it's the film with Goldberg as a very bad Santa killing lots of people :christmas:

Along with the TSO DVD, The Ghost Of Christmas Eve :tumbsup:

Christmas Vacation far and away. It's a Wonderful Life would be second. On the other hand, Tim Allen should be shot and pissed on (something he became familiar with in prison, I'm sure [insert idiotic manly grunting here]) if he ever considers making another Christmas movie. I still get a huge kick whenever I think of his appearance on The Academy Awards after the first season of Home Improvement, and the producers obviously thought he was more famous than he really was because once he started into that foolish grunting schtick, the camera panned to Al Pacino, who leaned over to Beverly D'Angelo, and clearly mouthed the words, "Who the fuck is he?" When the camera swung over to other big stars, they had similar looks of bewilderment, shoulders were shrugged, and some were shaking their head in disbelief. The vast majority of big screen actors had no fucking idea who this doofus was.

Mainly any version of A Christmas Carol/Scrooge...except the Muppet one....I try and watch every version that's showing on TV.

Polar Express I enjoyed when I watched it a couple of years ago with the little fella.

I suppose It's a Wonderful Life is one of my faves too, although Christmas with the Kranks is pretty funny.

We watched Polar Express last year and the kids really enjoyed it :tumbsup:

Its A Wonderful Life is the classic feelgood movie :)

I have forgotten the name of it but it's the film with Goldberg as a very bad Santa killing lots of people :christmas:

Santa`s Slay with Bill Goldberg, never seen it but have heard of it :tumbsup:

Christmas Vacation far and away. It's a Wonderful Life would be second. On the other hand, Tim Allen should be shot and pissed on (something he became familiar with in prison, I'm sure [insert idiotic manly grunting here]) if he ever considers making another Christmas movie. I still get a huge kick whenever I think of his appearance on The Academy Awards after the first season of Home Improvement, and the producers obviously thought he was more famous than he really was because once he started into that foolish grunting schtick, the camera panned to Al Pacino, who leaned over to Beverly D'Angelo, and clearly mouthed the words, "Who the fuck is he?" When the camera swung over to other big stars, they had similar looks of bewilderment, shoulders were shrugged, and some were shaking their head in disbelief. The vast majority of big screen actors had no fucking idea who this doofus was.

2 good one`s there mate, Christmas Vacation is great, chevy Chase is a funny chap :tumbsup:

Santa`s Slay with Bill Goldberg, never seen it but have heard of it :tumbsup:

:drink: That's the one.....Some great one liners in this ....especially the old lady in the shop near the start of the film :christmas:

For me, WONDERFUL LIFE is a must see, plus VACATION.

A "new" holiday favorite at my house is ELF with Will Ferrill and James Caan. It's not brain food but it's funny and kind of sweet :)

Elf

Christmas Vacation

The Grinch

It's a Wonderful Life

Miracle on 34th Street

Serendipity

The Family Man

There are more....but I can't think off the top of my head...

A Christmas Story

Christmas Vacation

A Christmas Carol (the really old one)

I'm finally starting to get into Scrooged w/ Bill Murray

I despised Bad Santa to the point of wanting to crawl through the screen and kill every single nitwit character in the film. Thornton's drunken oaf Santa stumbles into a throng of people waiting for their kids to see the lame-ass prick. He's carrying a broken liquor bottle, and spouting,"Fuck this, Fuck that" and generally being a fucking jerk, and not one person steps up to straighten the asshole out. THAT infuriated me. I can guarantee this - if some drunken lout were acting like that in front of my kids, they'd have been shipping him back to the North Pole in a body bag. Then there was that mouthy, ill-tempered piece of shit elf, whom everyone he mouthed-off at was too terrified of the little bastard to pick him up and stuff him a garbage can where he belonged. Such characters can only exist in the minds of the Coen brothers and their employees, and sure as shit, the Coen brothers were responsible for producing this junk, and it's no secret they likely overhauled the scriptwriters' work. I don't get the Coens; I don't even try to anymore. So, what possible use is it to have a grown man beat the fuck out of a bully, who was all of about 14 years-old? At least Christmas Vacation has characters in situations I can identify with, but who the hell can identify with characters generally being loudmouth pricks free of any form of believable opposition? I didn't even grin once during that movie, but I've never forgotten the feelings of outrage - especially when I realized the wife forgot to return the video to the store on time and I got soaked with an additional late charge. Call me Ebenezer if you choose, but I ABHOR that movie!

'Silent Night Deadly Night 2' is the only Christmas film I would ever subject myself to. I detest the rest of them.

• My Little Pony

I usually end up watching Home Alone 2 by myself on Christmas Eve. The fam is usually doing something else, and I enjoy being alone for a minute.

'Silent Night Deadly Night 2' is the only Chritmas film I would ever subject myself to. I detest the rest of them.

Kids, people, Christmas songs and now Christmas movies! Merry fucking Christmas and Bah fucking humbug!! Why don't ya just go and hole yourself up somewhere, skip Christmas and come back in the new year when it's all over, ya miserable Aussie git :lol: