Kanye West

KarpetRydOFunk

And what next? We listen to the new Usher and Nelly albums too?

I don't have time to listen to those ones mate, not while Chris Brown is getting plenty of spins :whistle::lol:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have time to listen to those ones mate, not while Chris Brown is getting plenty of spins :whistle::lol:

Don't forget the new Queen Cliffy disc aswell! :D

didn't kanye say he was raised on aor as a young kid & journey is his fave band... gee.. what a way to turn out

What a way indeed. This is a Hard Rock forum, actual good music ya know. We're like the antheisis of Crap and Shit Shot meaning we won't hesitate to eliminate while given the next best chance. And we shall prevail, Rock just needs to use Pop music again like they used to in the 80's. Hip Hop's been having it pretty easy past decade as you have nothing to fear from Alternative wussies but us here are a whole different story. The minute we reclaim attitude it's bye bye wannabe crapper no more bitches in the club for you. And don't give me your political crying cause it ain't nothing more but a gimmick. Lyrical content doesn't equal good music, without actual melody it's nothing more but cheap talk.

Kanye can try all he wants but in the end he ain't nothing more than a marketing puppet, the sole reason for the anti climax of him hitting #1 over GNR next on. Now GNR isn't promoting, their sales are based on first interest only so I'd say that's pretty darn impressive but Kanye's desperate.

As for the music itself I can be very brief. The guy went from rapping to sing through a vocoder over recycled beats from Tears For Fears and the like, enuff said. This actually doesn't only make him worthless but a thief as well in my book. And that's not only Kanye but just about all of them now, isnt it? Just take a look at it, songs stolen from Whitesnake, Van Halen, Toto and the list goes on. Bottom line, Hip Hop's nowhere without us in the first place. We practically own them, we've made them and we shall destroy them again.

As an advice for Mr. West I'd say if he's really into AOR why not explore more into that direction? Maybe he can do a little something with Electronica, be a keyboardist, producer or whatever. If you strip down some of his latest outputs that's pretty much where it leads.

Don't you guys realize that KarpetRidesAFuck is just messin' with you <_< He just wants to know how many posts this garbage of a thread can come up with. No one in their right mind can listen to that stuff....

You're all a bunch of fools who actually fell into this trap and posted a comment.....

:doh: Just realized I just did it too :(:anon:

Don't you guys realize that KarpetRidesAFuck is just messin' with you <_< He just wants to know how many posts this garbage of a thread can come up with. No one in their right mind can listen to that stuff....

You're all a bunch of fools who actually fell into this trap and posted a comment.....

...Or is he??? :lol:

...Or is he??? :lol:

95% sure he's not kidding. Keep in mind one of his favourite artists is Jamiroquai.

Honestly, I don't care what the dude likes... but not sure why he's trying to push this stuff here.

Don't forget the new Queen Cliffy disc aswell! :D

:rofl2: Yet to hear that one mate but I will track it down :whistle:

didn't kanye say he was raised on aor as a young kid & journey is his fave band... gee.. what a way to turn out

What a way indeed. This is a Hard Rock forum, actual good music ya know. We're like the antheisis of Crap and Shit Shot meaning we won't hesitate to eliminate while given the next best chance. And we shall prevail, Rock just needs to use Pop music again like they used to in the 80's. Hip Hop's been having it pretty easy past decade as you have nothing to fear from Alternative wussies but us here are a whole different story. The minute we reclaim attitude it's bye bye wannabe crapper no more bitches in the club for you. And don't give me your political crying cause it ain't nothing more but a gimmick. Lyrical content doesn't equal good music, without actual melody it's nothing more but cheap talk.

Kanye can try all he wants but in the end he ain't nothing more than a marketing puppet, the sole reason for the anti climax of him hitting #1 over GNR next on. Now GNR isn't promoting, their sales are based on first interest only so I'd say that's pretty darn impressive but Kanye's desperate.

As for the music itself I can be very brief. The guy went from rapping to sing through a vocoder over recycled beats from Tears For Fears and the like, enuff said. This actually doesn't only make him worthless but a thief as well in my book. And that's not only Kanye but just about all of them now, isnt it? Just take a look at it, songs stolen from Whitesnake, Van Halen, Toto and the list goes on. Bottom line, Hip Hop's nowhere without us in the first place. We practically own them, we've made them and we shall destroy them again.

As an advice for Mr. West I'd say if he's really into AOR why not explore more into that direction? Maybe he can do a little something with Electronica, be a keyboardist, producer or whatever. If you strip down some of his latest outputs that's pretty much where it leads.

I'm Confused...aren't you the "Mariah Carey's Gonna release a Hard Rock record" Guy??

• My Little Pony

I'm not messing with anybody - well not intentionally. You guys are actually all too easy to mess with, even when I'm being serious it messes with you. I just saw the "Other Music Styles" forum, and thought that, maybe - and I was obviously, indubitably wrong, some of you were interested in, or at least open to, "Other Music Styles". Am I the only one here that does listen to music outside of the Rock umbrella? And I only posted this particular album, because it hit me hard. When he talks about his life and what he's been through, I start to think where am I going with my own life, and what is it to be successful if family and friends are sacrificed along the way? I'm not trying to push shit, or rack up posts, I was only trying to share something that influenced me, to anyone willing to accept. Forgive me.

I'm not trying to push shit

Yeah, bad choice of words on my behalf. My apologies.

As I said, if this works for you I'm happy to hear it. Enjoy. But yeah, this is definitely not for me personally. :)

Well you know what KarpetRydOFunk, I apologize too for my remark. Actually, I kinda respect Kanye West when I started hearing different stuffs from his music. Not just the usual hip-hop. So, when that 50 cent (excuse me :puking: ) challenged him who can sell more albums (as their 3rd? album had the same release date), I was sure that Mr. West will definitely edged him 'coz his offering listeners more that just the usual "Gangsta Rap" that 50 cent and the other 50,000 rap "artists" out there.

It's just that I cannot, JUST CANNOT enjoy music like his'. What more 50 ('scuze me again :puke: ) cent.

I'm Confused...aren't you the "Mariah Carey's Gonna release a Hard Rock record" Guy??

:whistle: Someone's beginning to realize, it was about time huh? :anon: LOL! :lol: I think you just stated the obvious, I'm one and the same but never what you figured me for in the first place. If I may be so bold to give you a little tip here, never categorize Mariah Carey and Kanye West as the same type of artist. But what can I say, ignorance remains bliss. Even though your current observation would deviate Mariah's a true Pop artist while Kanye just another wannabe rapper. Yes, Mariah explored into the Hip Hop genre and yes she even worked with Kanye at some point but she's in no way definition Hip Hop singer. On the contrary her repertoire varies a great deal in genres of which some do in fact fit the description of this forum. An example for it is a You Need Me of her debut album and lots of rarities in 80's recordings with Fade Away AOR and the like. You bet ya once you hear those releases you'd be adjusting your opinion. And they shall be released on which moment I provide y'all with the ear candy. :christmas:

I'm not messing with anybody - well not intentionally. You guys are actually all too easy to mess with, even when I'm being serious it messes with you. I just saw the "Other Music Styles" forum, and thought that, maybe - and I was obviously, indubitably wrong, some of you were interested in, or at least open to, "Other Music Styles". Am I the only one here that does listen to music outside of the Rock umbrella? And I only posted this particular album, because it hit me hard. When he talks about his life and what he's been through, I start to think where am I going with my own life, and what is it to be successful if family and friends are sacrificed along the way? I'm not trying to push shit, or rack up posts, I was only trying to share something that influenced me, to anyone willing to accept. Forgive me.

Smart observation but they're just not playing games. :) Kanye talks, he doesn't actually make music and that's where I draw the line. The political gimmick does not justifiy his lack of musical output. And the vocoder vocal's just plain bad as he's not a singer noir can he ever sing. I resort to what I said before, he should stick to producing and put out an Electronica album or something in the like.

:whistle: Someone's beginning to realize, it was about time huh? :anon: LOL! :lol: I think you just stated the obvious, I'm one and the same but never what you figured me for in the first place. If I may be so bold to give you a little tip here, never categorize Mariah Carey and Kanye West as the same type of artist. But what can I say, ignorance remains bliss. Even though your current observation would deviate Mariah's a true Pop artist while Kanye just another wannabe rapper. Yes, Mariah explored into the Hip Hop genre and yes she even worked with Kanye at some point but she's in no way definition Hip Hop singer. On the contrary her repertoire varies a great deal in genres of which some do in fact fit the description of this forum. An example for it is a You Need Me of her debut album and lots of rarities in 80's recordings with Fade Away AOR and the like. You bet ya once you hear those releases you'd be adjusting your opinion. And they shall be released on which moment I provide y'all with the ear candy. :christmas:

Smart observation but they're just not playing games. :) Kanye talks, he doesn't actually make music and that's where I draw the line. The political gimmick does not justifiy his lack of musical output. And the vocoder vocal's just plain bad as he's not a singer noir can he ever sing. I resort to what I said before, he should stick to producing and put out an Electronica album or something in the like.

Never what I figured you for What?? Dude I just asked you a simple question nothin more or less..as far as Mariah Carey goes she's a hip hop singer...NOT AOR or even POP...clean the crap outta your ears...

Never what I figured you for What?? Dude I just asked you a simple question nothin more or less..as far as Mariah Carey goes she's a hip hop singer...NOT AOR or even POP

Eric, I think the words your looking for in relation to Warbling Mariah are 'Complete and utter shit' mate. :tumbsup:

Never what I figured you for What?? Dude I just asked you a simple question nothin more or less..as far as Mariah Carey goes she's a hip hop singer...NOT AOR or even POP...clean the crap outta your ears...

The little comment you left on my page, ring any bells? :lol: And even if you didn't it's the obvious. Mariah's only a Hip Hop singer in your own divergent opinion which simply remains incorrect. She's a singer/songwriter Pop artist if anything and even has a crossover acoustic Country Pop ballad song she penned with Willie Nelson where she sings and plays guitar currently sent to AC radio. Her current album's Pop as well so shows how much you know but than again what do you know as you haven't looked into anything at all.

But look pal, I didn't came here to fight. We both like this Rock music so let's keep it at that as far as we go around here. You don't like Mariah Carey, I do so big deal. I merely addressed you lumping her in with Kanye and the like but understand the type of listener you are. :)

i wonder if mariah still has a collection of pop rock tunes she recorded during the late 80's which is supposedly good enough to enjoy for any decent aor fan.....

She has 'em alright but just needs to release it on a rarities album. You can look some information up on her Wikipedia page of unreleased material. In 2005 she bought all the rights from Sony so now it's up to her when she's putting them out. An estimate was made sometime around 2010. It's just like the Shania Twain disc which is also on this page where Mariah got the material as well.

Those two songs are crap, but I enjoyed some of the snapshots. In all honesty, it doesn't surprise me in the least to know she has some AOR recordings out there from the late 80's. Wasn't a lot of her early stuff pretty much just big ballads that AOR fans might not hate anyway? I can't see me ever being interested in her stuff (musically), but I'm sure there's some nice stuff for the whussy AOR fans out there. :lol:

Those two songs are crap, but I enjoyed some of the snapshots. In all honesty, it doesn't surprise me in the least to know she has some AOR recordings out there from the late 80's. Wasn't a lot of her early stuff pretty much just big ballads that AOR fans might not hate anyway? I can't see me ever being interested in her stuff (musically), but I'm sure there's some nice stuff for the whussy AOR fans out there. :lol:

Very true, plus lots of different styles. Mariah was never a Hip Hop singer or just another amateur hook girl, always been a Pop artist so therefore she can explode into any direction possible. She has explored in many styles like Pop, Rock, R&B, Dance, Jazz etcetera. You Need Me from her debut was Hard Rock and Someday more Pop/Rock to name a couple of songs that might interest this forum.

Mariah Carey - You Need Me

Mariah Carey - Someday

Now, if you aren't a fan of her singing and never been one there's no way on earth anything will make you like her music but for the open-minded listener I'd say give it a spin once released. Mariah's known as one of the greatest voices ever and the daughter of an Opera singer herself. To combine that voice with good Rock music standard is pure bliss in my book. :)