Kanye West

KarpetRydOFunk

Those two songs are crap, but I enjoyed some of the snapshots. In all honesty, it doesn't surprise me in the least to know she has some AOR recordings out there from the late 80's. Wasn't a lot of her early stuff pretty much just big ballads that AOR fans might not hate anyway? I can't see me ever being interested in her stuff (musically), but I'm sure there's some nice stuff for the whussy AOR fans out there. :lol:

Very true, plus lots of different styles. Mariah was never a Hip Hop singer or just another amateur hook girl, always been a Pop artist so therefore she can explode into any direction possible. She has explored in many styles like Pop, Rock, R&B, Dance, Jazz etcetera. You Need Me from her debut was Hard Rock and Someday more Pop/Rock to name a couple of songs that might interest this forum.

Mariah Carey - You Need Me

Mariah Carey - Someday

Now, if you aren't a fan of her singing and never been one there's no way on earth anything will make you like her music but for the open-minded listener I'd say give it a spin once released. Mariah's known as one of the greatest voices ever and the daughter of an Opera singer herself. To combine that voice with good Rock music standard is pure bliss in my book. :)

Haha mate... not sure I'd call 'You need me' hard rock... sounds like Michael Jackson to me... except with a heavily lunged female on vocals. 'Someday' is pop. I don't dislike her voice and would be more than happy to give this mystery AOR disc a go if it is like you say it is. Why not.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those two songs are crap, but I enjoyed some of the snapshots. In all honesty, it doesn't surprise me in the least to know she has some AOR recordings out there from the late 80's. Wasn't a lot of her early stuff pretty much just big ballads that AOR fans might not hate anyway? I can't see me ever being interested in her stuff (musically), but I'm sure there's some nice stuff for the whussy AOR fans out there. :lol:

Very true, plus lots of different styles. Mariah was never a Hip Hop singer or just another amateur hook girl, always been a Pop artist so therefore she can explode into any direction possible. She has explored in many styles like Pop, Rock, R&B, Dance, Jazz etcetera. You Need Me from her debut was Hard Rock and Someday more Pop/Rock to name a couple of songs that might interest this forum.

Mariah Carey - You Need Me

Mariah Carey - Someday

Now, if you aren't a fan of her singing and never been one there's no way on earth anything will make you like her music but for the open-minded listener I'd say give it a spin once released. Mariah's known as one of the greatest voices ever and the daughter of an Opera singer herself. To combine that voice with good Rock music standard is pure bliss in my book. :)

Haha mate... not sure I'd call 'You need me' hard rock... sounds like Michael Jackson to me... except with a heavily lunged female on vocals. 'Someday' is pop. I don't dislike her voice and would be more than happy to give this mystery AOR disc a go if it is like you say it is. Why not.

Okay, fair enough. I kinda expected that but at least some has a Pop/Rock undertone which is my point. :) But true big chorus catchy AOR might just interest you, even from Mariah Carey it might. But that we shall see once it is in fact put out. I wouldn't sell a Rap tape as AOR so therefore it could never hurt, what purpose has that anyway? Kanye and the like I dislike just as hard myself so there you go. I liked Mariah most when she first came out, for an entire decade there was none of that stuff going on in her music. Only since the late 90's there was some switching to the past late 90's/early 00's generation taste. But the Pop artist she is she can always switch back or at least evolve.

i wonder if mariah still has a collection of pop rock tunes she recorded during the late 80's which is supposedly good enough to enjoy for any decent aor fan.....

She has 'em alright but just needs to release it on a rarities album. You can look some information up on her Wikipedia page of unreleased material. In 2005 she bought all the rights from Sony so now it's up to her when she's putting them out. An estimate was made sometime around 2010. It's just like the Shania Twain disc which is also on this page where Mariah got the material as well.

from what i gather on mariah's collection of pop rock tunes, is that it's rather extensive & apparently she could push out a quality aor album from it but....................... it will never happen. i'm thinking along the lines of cher's late 80's aor tastic gems....

interesting isn't it.. to know mariah's done song featuring big guitars & keyboards....

i'm thinking along the lines of cher's late 80's aor tastic gems....

As soon as I saw all this talk that's instantly what I thought of.

I was playing pool in his house with my brother up in Forster two weekends ago, listening to the Cher songs on my Ipod. Goddamn we were living the gangster life.

I was playing pool in his house with my brother up in Forster two weekends ago, listening to the Cher songs on my Ipod. Goddamn we were living the gangster life.

well you are rumoured to be a sydney gangster according to the various sites linked nsw police force..

well you are rumoured to be a sydney gangster according to the various sites linked nsw police force..

There's no better proof than the corpses stacked up in my garage, just waiting for an empty paddock.

There's no better proof than the corpses stacked up in my garage, just waiting for an empty paddock.

hmmm phafas has dissapeared.. what have you done to him?

He's in my bedroom, "getting ready".

He's in my bedroom, "getting ready".

While at it could you do Kanye as well for a moment? :lol: He sure as heck deserves a release from this topic and board as a whole LOL! :P You might want to cut him into little pieces so he'll fit into your freezer though. :hammer: Singing got the serial killer blues, get the bodies to your dumpster. :axe:

There's a reason I ignore Pop, rap, and hip hop. It's generic pap aimed at the lowest common denominator. Give me a band that write and arrange their own material and have no interest in being referenced on Oprah over Pop divas, who all sound like they're singing the same fucking song on the same fucking topic anyway. Their lyrics are the same relationship claptrap done over and over again ad nauseum. Perfect if you're interested in fast food for your ears; grating if you're looking for substance and variety of topic. How many times can Mariah Carey warble on about faux emotional bullshit anyway? Show me some evil; show me some terror; whisk me away to a mystical land, but don't bore the fuck out of me waxing on about a relationship between her and some cutesy-pie hunk she met on the beach, or whatever the fuck other ballady shit she caterwauls about. You can have the greatest voice in the world, but if you do the same repetitive, syrupy drivel every time out, the lowest common denominator can have you. There are those that believe Mariah Carey can release an album of fart sounds and it would be nominated for album of the year. It would, which just goes to show you how meaningful all her crappy awards are. Please stay on Top 40 radio, Mariah - far fucking away from my ears.

There's a reason I ignore Pop, rap, and hip hop. It's generic pap aimed at the lowest common denominator. Give me a band that write and arrange their own material and have no interest in being referenced on Oprah over Pop divas, who all sound like they're singing the same fucking song on the same fucking topic anyway. Their lyrics are the same relationship claptrap done over and over again ad nauseum. Perfect if you're interested in fast food for your ears; grating if you're looking for substance and variety of topic. How many times can Mariah Carey warble on about faux emotional bullshit anyway? Show me some evil; show me some terror; whisk me away to a mystical land, but don't bore the fuck out of me waxing on about a relationship between her and some cutesy-pie hunk she met on the beach, or whatever the fuck other ballady shit she caterwauls about. You can have the greatest voice in the world, but if you do the same repetitive, syrupy drivel every time out, the lowest common denominator can have you. There are those that believe Mariah Carey can release an album of fart sounds and it would be nominated for album of the year. It would, which just goes to show you how meaningful all her crappy awards are. Please stay on Top 40 radio, Mariah - far fucking away from my ears.

As you're taking on Mariah Carey I can immediately state she's got plenty of other material than your standard lyric or repetitive beat. Kanye yes but Mariah no, wrong example. You just need to look into it a bit better which I'm sure you're not willing to do leaving me with no other conclusion than addressing as cliche prejudicing. She has just as much songs in different genres as she has lyrical content. Sure love remains an important aspect of the music as hate ain't going far either. The exact same goes for a lot of music on this site. They're about love and sexual anthems. But if you want another take in message listen to There's Got To Be A Way which addresses political apartheid issues or even recently Right To Dream talking about a young woman survivng in an abusive world. And as stated above already she has the world in different sounds so what would you like to hear? Pop, Rock, R&B, Dance, Jazz or what? Nothing at all obviously but here you go.

Wow! Two whole songs out of an entire career. Not exactly a great job of selling there. Does she (or the label) actually pay you to try to turn on the world to her watered-down pap? I'm betting no one here is taking the bait, as Top 40 shit is generally met with disdain here. Try spreading the word on yahoo's OMG - there are loads of mindless sheep reading that on a regular basis. As for me, I prefer something with a much harder edge, and not career-fueled by a publicity machine keeping them in the news. Yes, you'll find it on yahoo's OMG, folks. "Mariah buys new pair of shoes!" Big headline for the small minded. "Battle Of The Bowel Movements! Who Rules? Britney, Or Mariah?" By and large, we KNOW who Mariah Carey is, and for all intents and purposes, we just don't give a fuck. The fact remains it's lightweight, syrupy pap the musical equivalent of Cheez Whiz with a distinct lack of impressive musicianship. The label buys the contributions of studio musicians, but the entire project is sold as the Mariah Carey Show with piddling credits handed out to those people, and who wants to pour their soul into a project like that? The label may buy their notes, but they certainly don't buy their soul; ie. - the musicians are only doing it for the money. No one ever says, "Did you hear Joe Blow's guitar solo on Mariah's latest single?" Know why? Because the label only gives a shit about selling Mariah's voice and image. At least we knew it was Steve Vai, Billy Sheehan and Gregg Bissonette playing behind David Lee Roth. They got deserved credit for all they did and publicity aplenty because they were fantastic musicians in their own right and were recognized as such. Who plays drums for Mariah? Bass? Guitar? Keyboards? Nobody knows. If they weren't being paid scale and had a known name of their own, it would detract from the money machine, and that's a crock of shit. Want to remain anonymous? Agree to join a Pop diva's backing band, and no one will ever know your name. Give me a band effort, where they share the credit over an egotistical, look-at-me, I'm-the-Star, performer any day. Rock fans care about the people involved in recordings; we want to know who they are; we appreciate their hard work. Pop fans don't give a shit about anyone but the focal point, and buy into any slop the label pushes on them. They are of the opinion that musicians are disposable, who are secondary, or merely non-existent to THE VOICE. That is what Pop is all about, and I have no time for it. It's based upon greed - the name makes a bundle; the label makes an even bigger bundle, and the lowly musicians get fuck all for their efforts. And please don't bring up anything about Grammy Awards and others of their ilk, as those awards are a sham. There is no other way to explain how a band such as Rush can create a piece of perfection known as Moving Pictures and not even get a sniff of a nomination for Album of the Year, yet a nasal-toned, whimpering pansy like Justin Timberlake will undoubtedly get nominated for every album he puts out for the laughable reason that his publicity mill ensures it. But feel free to defend Pop all you like; it obviously floats your boat, but the bottom line is it just ain't gonna sell here. :rant:

Wow! Two whole songs out of an entire career. Not exactly a great job of selling there. Does she (or the label) actually pay you to try to turn on the world to her watered-down pap? I'm betting no one here is taking the bait, as Top 40 shit is generally met with disdain here. Try spreading the word on yahoo's OMG - there are loads of mindless sheep reading that on a regular basis. As for me, I prefer something with a much harder edge, and not career-fueled by a publicity machine keeping them in the news. Yes, you'll find it on yahoo's OMG, folks. "Mariah buys new pair of shoes!" Big headline for the small minded. "Battle Of The Bowel Movements! Who Rules? Britney, Or Mariah?" By and large, we KNOW who Mariah Carey is, and for all intents and purposes, we just don't give a fuck. The fact remains it's lightweight, syrupy pap the musical equivalent of Cheez Whiz with a distinct lack of impressive musicianship. The label buys the contributions of studio musicians, but the entire project is sold as the Mariah Carey Show with piddling credits handed out to those people, and who wants to pour their soul into a project like that? The label may buy their notes, but they certainly don't buy their soul; ie. - the musicians are only doing it for the money. No one ever says, "Did you hear Joe Blow's guitar solo on Mariah's latest single?" Know why? Because the label only gives a shit about selling Mariah's voice and image. At least we knew it was Steve Vai, Billy Sheehan and Gregg Bissonette playing behind David Lee Roth. They got deserved credit for all they did and publicity aplenty because they were fantastic musicians in their own right and were recognized as such. Who plays drums for Mariah? Bass? Guitar? Keyboards? Nobody knows. If they weren't being paid scale and had a known name of their own, it would detract from the money machine, and that's a crock of shit. Want to remain anonymous? Agree to join a Pop diva's backing band, and no one will ever know your name. Give me a band effort, where they share the credit over an egotistical, look-at-me, I'm-the-Star, performer any day. Rock fans care about the people involved in recordings; we want to know who they are; we appreciate their hard work. Pop fans don't give a shit about anyone but the focal point, and buy into any slop the label pushes on them. They are of the opinion that musicians are disposable, who are secondary, or merely non-existent to THE VOICE. That is what Pop is all about, and I have no time for it. It's based upon greed - the name makes a bundle; the label makes an even bigger bundle, and the lowly musicians get fuck all for their efforts. And please don't bring up anything about Grammy Awards and others of their ilk, as those awards are a sham. There is no other way to explain how a band such as Rush can create a piece of perfection known as Moving Pictures and not even get a sniff of a nomination for Album of the Year, yet a nasal-toned, whimpering pansy like Justin Timberlake will undoubtedly get nominated for every album he puts out for the laughable reason that his publicity mill ensures it. But feel free to defend Pop all you like; it obviously floats your boat, but the bottom line is it just ain't gonna sell here. :rant:

I'm a free spirit who could never be categorized in boxes by the masses living up to their standard. No one ever tells me what to do or what to like. Because I like Rock music it doesn't mean I can't like Pop and vice versa. Because I like the one thing it doesn't mean I can't like the other. I'd like to take my personal best out of the music industry in its entirety, conclusion I ain't no stereotype listener. Me being here telling you my philosophy actually backs that up. E.g. I dislike plenty of Pop myself, I can't stand Justin Timberlake or his contemporaries. But than again I don't like everything in Rock either, the Alternative siding with Grunge etcetera I loath.

What you're stating is Pop vs. Rock music in terms of contribution input. But as you already state quite good yourself it's an entirely different market. Yes, Rock in general indeed has another culture than Pop where in most cases all musicians are known to its public. Although when Mariah brings in a household Rock name like Dave Navarro he's getting his public featuring credit. As for my musical judgement I rather resort to the music itself and whether something to my ears sounds good or not.

Mariah's a singer-songwriter who writes her own songs from scratch, most of her songs are 80% written by herself with a good 20% of a writing partner which differs a great deal to most of the industry and all its Britneys and Christinas. Even Whitney Houston, another good artist in my book does not write herself where Mariah does. Outside songwriters are credited and thus benefit from the royalties as they have their contribution on black and white. For the recordings session musicians are hired who get their fair share as well. It 's fact Mariah's marketed as a solo artist instead of a band because it's her very own vision and input first of all. That plus the fact Mariah's career is based on her voice more than anything else, her voice is her instrument. The people involved only come in to realize the project's outing.

And don't play smart with me with the 2 whole songs out of an entire career thing cause obviously I'm merely stating examples as I don't quite feel like analyzing an entire discography as of now. I do understand your preference though and ain't selling anything here. I once opened a topic to see interest in good fun but this here's not my doing. It's a Kanye West topic created by the other guy remember?

Okay, people. I decided to put my money where my mouth is by going over the lyrical content of Mariah Carey’s last 6 studio albums to find this so-called variance of topics a certain poster has claimed Ms. Carey possesses. It wasn’t easy; in fact, it was pure hell – especially trying to decipher the street-level banter her co-writers (and I use that term loosely) choose to work in. I have chosen to enter my descriptions in that street level-banter to give you a view from my perspective of their perspective. It is in no way racial, so please don’t crawl up my ass about that dead horse. Here we go:

The Emancipation Of Mimi (2005)

1) It’s Like That – Hey, peeps. Get up and dance like mindless idiots.

2) We Belong Together – Hey, boy. I done ya wrong.

3) Shake It Off – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong.

4) Mine Again – Hey, boy. I Lost ya. I wants ya back.

5) Say Somethin’ – Hey, boy. Let’s get busy.

6) Stay The Night – Hey, boy. Let’s get busy – again.

7) Get Your Number – Hey, boy. Gimme your number; then, we’ll get busy.

8) One And Only – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong. So listen to my tough, gutter language while I quote Fleetwood Mac.

9) Circles – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong. (Apparently guys like to bang her and then vamoose a whole lot)

10) Your Girl – Hey, boy. Let’s get busy.

11) I Wish You Knew – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya.

12) To The Floor (Tonight) – Hey, boy. Look at me; then we’ll get busy – possibly on the floor.

13) Fly Like A Bird – Hey, Lord. I luvs ya, so take me away.

Charmbracelet (2002)

1) Through The Rain – Hey, peeps. Things are tough, but I’ll make it.

2) Boy (I Need You) – Hey, boy. I’m dreamin’ about ya. – (Undoubtedly not in a wholesome way either)

3) The One – Hey, boy. I wantcha, but I’m scared. – (Maybe about NOT getting laid)

4) Yours – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya.

5) You Got Me – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya.

6) I Only Wanted – Hey, boy. I lost ya.

7) Clown – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong.

8) My Saving Grace – Hey, Lord. I found ya.

9) You Had Your Chance – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong.

10) Lullaby – Hey, boy. I wants ya back. – (She actually does say “Hey, boy” in this one)

11) Irresistible – Hey, boy. I really, really, really luvs ya.

12) Subtle Invitation – Hey, boy. I wants ya back. (Offhand, I’d bet to get busy)

13) Bringin’ On The Heartache – (What kind of ego changes another artists’ title of a song?)

14) Sunflowers (For Alfred Carey) – Hey, Dad. I miss ya now you’re dead.

15) Through The Rain (R&B Remix) – See Track 1.

Glitter (2001)

1) Loverboy (remix) – Hey, boy. Let’s get busy.

2) Lead The Way – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya. – (Either that, or she’s thinkin’ of getting’ kinky with Jesus)

3) If We – Hey, boy(s). I really luvs ya both, so let’s get busy. (Could be about a 3-way. Who knows?)

4) Didn’t Mean To Turn You On – Hey, boy. I don’t luvs ya, and I don’t wants ta get busy. So pour some ice water on ya dick.

5) All My Life – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, and let’s get busy.

6) Reflections (Care Enough) – Hey, Ma. Didn’t ya just luvs me? I’s heartbroken.

7) Last Night A DJ Saved My Life – Hey, DJ, boy. I luvs ya. Thanks for makin’ me dance. Now, come bone me.

8) Want You – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya.

9) Never Too Far – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, and I misses ya, too.

10) Twister – Hey, girl. You wuz my friend. Now you’s dead.

11) Loverboy – See Track 1.

Rainbow (1999)

1) Heartbreaker – Hey, boy. You’s bad, but I wants ta get busy witchoo.

2) Heartbreaker – See Track 1 – (Uh, it’s the same dumb song with different rap a-holes, I guess)

3) Heartbreaker (missy remix) – See Tracks 1 & 2. – (Uh, the same song 3 tracks in a row? What gives?)

4) Heartbreaker (junior’s club remix) – See Tracks 1, 2 & 3 – (This is gettin’ ridiculous. Leading off an album with same song 4(!) times???? WTF????)

5) Can’t Take That Away – Hey, peeps. I’m hot shit.

6) Bliss – Hey, boy. Let’s get busy.

7) How Much – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya.

8) After Tonight – Hey, boy. Thanks for gettin’ busy wit’ me.

9) Against All Odds – Hey, boy. I wants ya back. – (Good, Lord! Phil Collins made even more putrid! Yikes!)

10) Crybaby – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong, an’ I ain’t forgettin’ – though it WAS fun getting’ busy.

11) Did I Do That – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong. (Either that, or she farted and cleared out a room)

12) Petals. – Hey, family. I really luvs youse – even though you remind me of dandelions (which are weeds)

13) Rainbow – Hey, Rainbow. I really luvs ya. And I’ll be okie dokie when I find your end. (Either that, or she wants to munch Ritchie Blackmore’s knob)

14) Thank God I Found You – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya. And I owe it all to God. Glory be!

15) Thank God I Found You (remix) – See Track 14 – Hey, boy. I STILL really luvs ya. And I owe it all to God all the more. Glory be to the power of 2!

Butterfly (1997)

1) Honey – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya. Let’s get busy.

2) Butterfly – Hey, boy. I really loves ya, and I wants ya back.

3) My All – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, AND I wants ya back yet again.

4) The Roof – Hey, boy. I wants ta get busy witchoo again – preferably on a roof again in the rain. – (Wow! Kinky bitch.)

5) The Roof (remix) – See Track 4 – (Apparently, she REALLY likes gettin’ boned on a rooftop in the rain)

6) Fourth Of July – Hey, boy. Remember when we got busy that night? (Apparently, her patriotism consists of sneakin’ off an’ gettin’ poked under a fireworks display)

7) Breakdown – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong.

8) Breakdown (remix) – See Track 7 – (Same old, same old)

9) Baby Doll – Hey, boy. C’mon over an’ bone me in my hotel room.

10) Close My Eyes – Hey, peeps. I was abused. – (Contrived, banal and utterly unmoving. Any lyricist with talent could pen this slop on autopilot)

11) Whenever You Call – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, and can’t wait to get busy. – (What kind of airhead follows up a song about child abuse with a song about wanting to get laid? God! What an imbecile!)

12) Fly Away – Hey, peeps. Don’t be afraid to die. – (Please, Mariah – show us how it’s done)

13) The Beautiful Ones – Hey, boy. Pick me, or da other bitch. Hint – I’s a better ho for sho’ for ya.

14) Outside – Hey, peeps. I’s so confused. – (After slogging through 5 entire fucking albums of this lyrical wasteland, I only have one reply to her claim of apparent confusion – NO FUCKIN’ SHIT????)

Daydream (1995)

1) Fantasy – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, and I just can’t wait ta gat busy witchoo. – (“Shoe do do do do do do do. Shoe do do do do do do yeah”) – (Wow! Thought-provoking, or what?)

2) Underneath The Stars – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, so let’s just IMAGINE we’re getting’ busy. – (Gee, what a stretch)

3) One Sweet Day – Hey, whomever I knew that died. I’ll sees ya in heaven someday, sugah.

4) Open Arms – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya. Glad you is back ta bone me.

5) Always Be My Baby – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, but ya wants ta vamoose, so’s I’ll gives ya yo’ freedom, but I’d takes ya back – probably ‘cause I likes the bonin’s ya gives. – (“Do do doop. Do do doop do doop da dum.”) – (Can we quote you on that, Mariah?)

6) I Am Free – Hey, Lord. A big up for straightenin’ out my confusion – at least until it came time to penning more lyrics – then, the dementia set in again)

7) When I Saw You – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya. If only for the superficial reason that you is one foxy, hunky fella wit’ a nine inch hogleg pokin’ out da edge of yo’ denim cut-offs. Eeeeeeee!!

8) Long Ago – Hey, boy. I really luvved ya once upon a time. An’ that humpin’ we did wuz oh-so-dee-light-full! Super freaky! Owwwwwww!!!

9) Melt Away – Hey, boy. I wants ta bone ya – Like right fuckin’ now, Mofo!!!!

10) Forever – Hey, boy. I still really luvs ya, an’ I still really, really misses ya.

11) Dream Interlude – Hey, boy. I really duz dream abouts ya sneakin’ into my room whiles I sleeps an’ givin’ me yo dick. – (Jeezus fucking Pleezus! I can’t take much more of reading over this slop. It is mind-numbing, at best)

12) Looking In – Hey, peeps. Ya thinks ya knows me. Guess again. I’s hot shit.

Okay, that’s it – NO MAS! After slogging through 6 excruciatingly bad albums of lyrics, I simply cannot stomach any more. When you consider she has 3 other studio albums (not to mention a fucking Christmas album) filled with garbage lyrical topics such as the ones above, I’d be reaching for the Gillette Blue Blade if I had to soldier on with descriptions of their banality. She explores roughly 10 different topics over 69 tracks – many of them – check that – COUNTLESS of them, professing her love for some dude, the fact she wants to bang him, or BOTH in the same damned song. Christ! The way she carries on, you’d swear she falls head-over-heels for every goof she meets, hikes up her skirt at least a dozen times a day, and then gets dropped like a hot potato. And then she wonders why???? And this poop gets nominated for awards?????? I knew the Grammys were a sham, but this research cements the realization that they’re an out and out farce. Holy fuck, compadres – I can pull more thought-provoking lyrics out of my ass without even trying. This is the “talent” someone is trying to make me aware of??? Give me a royal, fuckin’ break. Plain and simple, folks – her lyrics suck cocks, and judging by their topic, she does, too – a lot – a WHOLE HELLUVA lot. Apparently 24 hours a day. How does she ever find time to sing around all these amorous adventures she’s waxing on about? The time I took to research this crap was not a total loss though, for if I have helped steer one person away from delving into her work in any small way, I feel I’ve perhaps saved a life. Next stop – the sanitarium to recover.

^ :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I haven't listened to Mariah since like her second album or so. (Check that. I did buy her GH 5 or 10 years ago, whenever it came out.) I'll be honest; I have no clue as to what she's done lately, other than seeing a clip on VH1 or some entertainment news show, so I don't know much firsthand at all. But, I'll admit listening to her early stuff (and hearing her crap on the radio when someone else had it on in their car or whatever), but I haven't found her relevant in years. She had a nice little run awhile ago.

But she also was, at one time, a flat-chested, young songbird that put out songs with a very soulful voice behind them. Then she got implants, married Tommy Mottola, left him when she found she liked the street themes, and turned her image into the whore-d'oeuvre of the week.

More power to her for capitalizing on what America, en masse, salivates over. But, musically, she's not even on the radar anymore, for me.

Okay, people. I decided to put my money where my mouth is by going over the lyrical content of Mariah Carey’s last 6 studio albums to find this so-called variance of topics a certain poster has claimed Ms. Carey possesses. It wasn’t easy; in fact, it was pure hell – especially trying to decipher the street-level banter her co-writers (and I use that term loosely) choose to work in. I have chosen to enter my descriptions in that street level-banter to give you a view from my perspective of their perspective. It is in no way racial, so please don’t crawl up my ass about that dead horse. Here we go:

The Emancipation Of Mimi (2005)

1) It’s Like That – Hey, peeps. Get up and dance like mindless idiots.

2) We Belong Together – Hey, boy. I done ya wrong.

3) Shake It Off – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong.

4) Mine Again – Hey, boy. I Lost ya. I wants ya back.

5) Say Somethin’ – Hey, boy. Let’s get busy.

6) Stay The Night – Hey, boy. Let’s get busy – again.

7) Get Your Number – Hey, boy. Gimme your number; then, we’ll get busy.

8) One And Only – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong. So listen to my tough, gutter language while I quote Fleetwood Mac.

9) Circles – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong. (Apparently guys like to bang her and then vamoose a whole lot)

10) Your Girl – Hey, boy. Let’s get busy.

11) I Wish You Knew – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya.

12) To The Floor (Tonight) – Hey, boy. Look at me; then we’ll get busy – possibly on the floor.

13) Fly Like A Bird – Hey, Lord. I luvs ya, so take me away.

Charmbracelet (2002)

1) Through The Rain – Hey, peeps. Things are tough, but I’ll make it.

2) Boy (I Need You) – Hey, boy. I’m dreamin’ about ya. – (Undoubtedly not in a wholesome way either)

3) The One – Hey, boy. I wantcha, but I’m scared. – (Maybe about NOT getting laid)

4) Yours – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya.

5) You Got Me – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya.

6) I Only Wanted – Hey, boy. I lost ya.

7) Clown – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong.

8) My Saving Grace – Hey, Lord. I found ya.

9) You Had Your Chance – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong.

10) Lullaby – Hey, boy. I wants ya back. – (She actually does say “Hey, boy” in this one)

11) Irresistible – Hey, boy. I really, really, really luvs ya.

12) Subtle Invitation – Hey, boy. I wants ya back. (Offhand, I’d bet to get busy)

13) Bringin’ On The Heartache – (What kind of ego changes another artists’ title of a song?)

14) Sunflowers (For Alfred Carey) – Hey, Dad. I miss ya now you’re dead.

15) Through The Rain (R&B Remix) – See Track 1.

Glitter (2001)

1) Loverboy (remix) – Hey, boy. Let’s get busy.

2) Lead The Way – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya. – (Either that, or she’s thinkin’ of getting’ kinky with Jesus)

3) If We – Hey, boy(s). I really luvs ya both, so let’s get busy. (Could be about a 3-way. Who knows?)

4) Didn’t Mean To Turn You On – Hey, boy. I don’t luvs ya, and I don’t wants ta get busy. So pour some ice water on ya dick.

5) All My Life – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, and let’s get busy.

6) Reflections (Care Enough) – Hey, Ma. Didn’t ya just luvs me? I’s heartbroken.

7) Last Night A DJ Saved My Life – Hey, DJ, boy. I luvs ya. Thanks for makin’ me dance. Now, come bone me.

8) Want You – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya.

9) Never Too Far – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, and I misses ya, too.

10) Twister – Hey, girl. You wuz my friend. Now you’s dead.

11) Loverboy – See Track 1.

Rainbow (1999)

1) Heartbreaker – Hey, boy. You’s bad, but I wants ta get busy witchoo.

2) Heartbreaker – See Track 1 – (Uh, it’s the same dumb song with different rap a-holes, I guess)

3) Heartbreaker (missy remix) – See Tracks 1 & 2. – (Uh, the same song 3 tracks in a row? What gives?)

4) Heartbreaker (junior’s club remix) – See Tracks 1, 2 & 3 – (This is gettin’ ridiculous. Leading off an album with same song 4(!) times???? WTF????)

5) Can’t Take That Away – Hey, peeps. I’m hot shit.

6) Bliss – Hey, boy. Let’s get busy.

7) How Much – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya.

8) After Tonight – Hey, boy. Thanks for gettin’ busy wit’ me.

9) Against All Odds – Hey, boy. I wants ya back. – (Good, Lord! Phil Collins made even more putrid! Yikes!)

10) Crybaby – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong, an’ I ain’t forgettin’ – though it WAS fun getting’ busy.

11) Did I Do That – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong. (Either that, or she farted and cleared out a room)

12) Petals. – Hey, family. I really luvs youse – even though you remind me of dandelions (which are weeds)

13) Rainbow – Hey, Rainbow. I really luvs ya. And I’ll be okie dokie when I find your end. (Either that, or she wants to munch Ritchie Blackmore’s knob)

14) Thank God I Found You – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya. And I owe it all to God. Glory be!

15) Thank God I Found You (remix) – See Track 14 – Hey, boy. I STILL really luvs ya. And I owe it all to God all the more. Glory be to the power of 2!

Butterfly (1997)

1) Honey – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya. Let’s get busy.

2) Butterfly – Hey, boy. I really loves ya, and I wants ya back.

3) My All – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, AND I wants ya back yet again.

4) The Roof – Hey, boy. I wants ta get busy witchoo again – preferably on a roof again in the rain. – (Wow! Kinky bitch.)

5) The Roof (remix) – See Track 4 – (Apparently, she REALLY likes gettin’ boned on a rooftop in the rain)

6) Fourth Of July – Hey, boy. Remember when we got busy that night? (Apparently, her patriotism consists of sneakin’ off an’ gettin’ poked under a fireworks display)

7) Breakdown – Hey, boy. Ya done me wrong.

8) Breakdown (remix) – See Track 7 – (Same old, same old)

9) Baby Doll – Hey, boy. C’mon over an’ bone me in my hotel room.

10) Close My Eyes – Hey, peeps. I was abused. – (Contrived, banal and utterly unmoving. Any lyricist with talent could pen this slop on autopilot)

11) Whenever You Call – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, and can’t wait to get busy. – (What kind of airhead follows up a song about child abuse with a song about wanting to get laid? God! What an imbecile!)

12) Fly Away – Hey, peeps. Don’t be afraid to die. – (Please, Mariah – show us how it’s done)

13) The Beautiful Ones – Hey, boy. Pick me, or da other bitch. Hint – I’s a better ho for sho’ for ya.

14) Outside – Hey, peeps. I’s so confused. – (After slogging through 5 entire fucking albums of this lyrical wasteland, I only have one reply to her claim of apparent confusion – NO FUCKIN’ SHIT????)

Daydream (1995)

1) Fantasy – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, and I just can’t wait ta gat busy witchoo. – (“Shoe do do do do do do do. Shoe do do do do do do yeah”) – (Wow! Thought-provoking, or what?)

2) Underneath The Stars – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, so let’s just IMAGINE we’re getting’ busy. – (Gee, what a stretch)

3) One Sweet Day – Hey, whomever I knew that died. I’ll sees ya in heaven someday, sugah.

4) Open Arms – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya. Glad you is back ta bone me.

5) Always Be My Baby – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya, but ya wants ta vamoose, so’s I’ll gives ya yo’ freedom, but I’d takes ya back – probably ‘cause I likes the bonin’s ya gives. – (“Do do doop. Do do doop do doop da dum.”) – (Can we quote you on that, Mariah?)

6) I Am Free – Hey, Lord. A big up for straightenin’ out my confusion – at least until it came time to penning more lyrics – then, the dementia set in again)

7) When I Saw You – Hey, boy. I really luvs ya. If only for the superficial reason that you is one foxy, hunky fella wit’ a nine inch hogleg pokin’ out da edge of yo’ denim cut-offs. Eeeeeeee!!

8) Long Ago – Hey, boy. I really luvved ya once upon a time. An’ that humpin’ we did wuz oh-so-dee-light-full! Super freaky! Owwwwwww!!!

9) Melt Away – Hey, boy. I wants ta bone ya – Like right fuckin’ now, Mofo!!!!

10) Forever – Hey, boy. I still really luvs ya, an’ I still really, really misses ya.

11) Dream Interlude – Hey, boy. I really duz dream abouts ya sneakin’ into my room whiles I sleeps an’ givin’ me yo dick. – (Jeezus fucking Pleezus! I can’t take much more of reading over this slop. It is mind-numbing, at best)

12) Looking In – Hey, peeps. Ya thinks ya knows me. Guess again. I’s hot shit.

Okay, that’s it – NO MAS! After slogging through 6 excruciatingly bad albums of lyrics, I simply cannot stomach any more. When you consider she has 3 other studio albums (not to mention a fucking Christmas album) filled with garbage lyrical topics such as the ones above, I’d be reaching for the Gillette Blue Blade if I had to soldier on with descriptions of their banality. She explores roughly 10 different topics over 69 tracks – many of them – check that – COUNTLESS of them, professing her love for some dude, the fact she wants to bang him, or BOTH in the same damned song. Christ! The way she carries on, you’d swear she falls head-over-heels for every goof she meets, hikes up her skirt at least a dozen times a day, and then gets dropped like a hot potato. And then she wonders why???? And this poop gets nominated for awards?????? I knew the Grammys were a sham, but this research cements the realization that they’re an out and out farce. Holy fuck, compadres – I can pull more thought-provoking lyrics out of my ass without even trying. This is the “talent” someone is trying to make me aware of??? Give me a royal, fuckin’ break. Plain and simple, folks – her lyrics suck cocks, and judging by their topic, she does, too – a lot – a WHOLE HELLUVA lot. Apparently 24 hours a day. How does she ever find time to sing around all these amorous adventures she’s waxing on about? The time I took to research this crap was not a total loss though, for if I have helped steer one person away from delving into her work in any small way, I feel I’ve perhaps saved a life. Next stop – the sanitarium to recover.

Funny but very closed-minded and also dead wrong. Emancipation ain't her last album by the way, it's E=MC2 plus Mariah Carey debut, Emotions and Music Box are missing. Lots of these songs have in fact different lyrical contents and meaning even though most fit into a love theme. Grunge must be more appealing to you instead. Whining about how depressed you are, about to slit your wrists must be 7th heaven. Yeah, I can categorize just as much. The funny thing is that you spend all this time to type up these big messages about it LOL! Trying to prove your point she's no good which stays subjective no matter what anyway. You don't like her but I do, deal with variety of opinion.

Funny but very closed-minded and also dead wrong. Emancipation ain't her last album by the way, it's E=MC2 plus Mariah Carey debut, Emotions and Music Box are missing. Lots of these songs have in fact different lyrical contents and meaning even though most fit into a love theme. Grunge must be more appealing to you instead. Whining about how depressed you are, about to slit your wrists must be 7th heaven. Yeah, I can categorize just as much. The funny thing is that you spend all this time to type up these big messages about it LOL! Trying to prove your point she's no good which stays subjective no matter what anyway. You don't like her but I do, deal with variety of opinion.

Obviously, you search around the internet, looking for places to drop yer idol's name to possibly boost sales. More than likely a hired shill, if you haven't figured it out already, you (and Mariah) are considered a complete joke here. Jesus, pal - I couldn't sift through any more of that crap if I were paid to; it's just that fucking gawdawful, piss-poor bad. As for grunge, I hate it with a passion, as much as I despise Ms. Plastic Tits warbling crappola; grunge to me is what you scrape off the inside rim of a toilet - much like what I'd describe as Mariah's contribution to music. And if you can't figure out the Gillette Blue Blade comment was made as a form of exaggeration, then you're stupider than you seem - waaaaaaay stupider. The time I spent researching Mariah's bowel movements masquerading as lyrics were actually a hoot - I've rarely laughed so hard in all my life. Cheese that sloppy is usually reserved for an Arby's melt of some form or another. As for proving my point, I don't have to - the vast majority of people on this site don't give her shitty music the time of day; her fake goombollas are another matter entirely, which should tell you how big of a joke she is. You like her, but many don't - deal with reality, and please quit trying to ram her garbage down everyone's throat. Boy! Are you ever fuckin' stupid!

Obviously, you search around the internet, looking for places to drop yer idol's name to possibly boost sales. More than likely a hired shill, if you haven't figured it out already, you (and Mariah) are considered a complete joke here. Jesus, pal - I couldn't sift through any more of that crap if I were paid to; it's just that fucking gawdawful, piss-poor bad. As for grunge, I hate it with a passion, as much as I despise Ms. Plastic Tits warbling crappola; grunge to me is what you scrape off the inside rim of a toilet - much like what I'd describe as Mariah's contribution to music. And if you can't figure out the Gillette Blue Blade comment was made as a form of exaggeration, then you're stupider than you seem - waaaaaaay stupider. The time I spent researching Mariah's bowel movements masquerading as lyrics were actually a hoot - I've rarely laughed so hard in all my life. Cheese that sloppy is usually reserved for an Arby's melt of some form or another. As for proving my point, I don't have to - the vast majority of people on this site don't give her shitty music the time of day; her fake goombollas are another matter entirely, which should tell you how big of a joke she is. You like her, but many don't - deal with reality, and please quit trying to ram her garbage down everyone's throat. Boy! Are you ever fuckin' stupid!

Hah, such closed-mindedness. :lol: Don't you see your own comments are biatched? What are you trying to prove or rather what purpose have these posts? Who's throwing garbage to who? It's more like you telling me and everyone else not to like Mariah Carey than vice versa now, isn't it? Nonetheless it's a pretty fun read seeing where you stand only I'd lose the cursing if I were you. You obviously don't know me or could ever understand me with such prejudical attitude. For the record, I ain't got no idols. It's always been just me and my very own guideline. Conclusion not everything's based on shallow boxing being your everyday typical cliche stereotype listener. As I said I know exactly where you stand, discussion closed. But if it's any comfort, I hate Grunge with a passion just as much, probably more than you so rather than mindless argueing about stuff we disagree on we could actually team up making a stand against Alternative. However judging from your lyrical department that would seem like something you'd be interested in, good to see that is at least not the case so ti sento.

Sorry, Mikey. Didn't read what you posted. Just scrolled down to the bottom, hit reply, and began typing. Didn't need to bother poring over your latest bullshit, so you can save yourself time and effort by not responding. I have more important things to do besides arguing with an idiot over a pinhead like Mariah Carey - like responding to posts about real musicians like Primal Fear. Feel free to keep posting about your idol, blabbermouth. Nobody cares. Roger. Over and out.

• 3 weeks later...