Who`s loving Metallica`s - Death Magnetic?

Faron

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't know if I love "Death Magnetic," but I certainly like it a lot. A nice rebound for the band after the debacle that was "St. Anger." I'm not a huge fan of long songs, so I would have preferred a shorter run-time, but thankfully the tracks are good enough that I don't get bored and reach for the Skip button. And while the production is perfectly fine, I can only imagine how much better this CD would have sounded in the hands of one of today's top heavy metal producers (I'm sure Tim could toss a few suggestions out there).

But all positives aside, there is no way this is Top Ten material, and it certainly doesn't merit "heavy metal album of the year"...though I would rate "My Apocalypse" right up there with the best heavy metal songs of the year. Love that tune! :banger:

• 1 month later...

Been listening to this one a lot in the past week since I saw them in concert... and DM is still holding up rather well with the exception of the ten-minute pointless instrumental ("Suicide & Redemption")

Been listening to this one a lot in the past week since I saw them in concert... and DM is still holding up rather well with the exception of the ten-minute pointless instrumental ("Suicide & Redemption")

Yeah It has been getting quite a bit of play by me as well and I'll admit it

is very good...You witnessed the new songs live and they held up well

so hopefully they are back on track to STAY.. :banger:

I'll agree the instrumental being that long is pointless and I don't care for the Unforgiven III song.

I mean how many times are they going to have Unforgiven on a cd?

I'll agree the instrumental being that long is pointless and I don't care for the Unforgiven III song.

Yea, they could've kept "Unforgiven III" too, now that you mention it. But even then, the average of good songs vs. bombs on DEATH MAGNETIC is still far better than anything they've done since the Black Album days

Yea, they could've kept "Unforgiven III" too, now that you mention it. But even then, the average of good songs vs. bombs on DEATH MAGNETIC is still far better than anything they've done since the Black Album days

Keith how could you...you cut me deep, I thought for sure you wouldn't buy anymore polished turds from these guys.

Keith how could you...you cut me deep, I thought for sure you wouldn't buy anymore polished turds from these guys.

Sorry, Bob... I'll admit that I went into the album with extremely lowered expectations, but ended up pleasantly surprised.

Hell, I just saw'em live last weekend and they smoked. They seem to be atoning for their past sins nowadays. :headbanger:

Sorry, Bob... I'll admit that I went into the album with extremely lowered expectations, but ended up pleasantly surprised.

Hell, I just saw'em live last weekend and they smoked. They seem to be atoning for their past sins nowadays. :headbanger:

...AND YOU SAW THEM LIVE...MAAAAAAN, that's cool, I'll be tarnished to the day I die with these guys.

...AND YOU SAW THEM LIVE...MAAAAAAN, that's cool, I'll be tarnished to the day I die with these guys.

Yea, fo'realz. It was a great show, and all the better cuz the ticket didn't cost me nuthin'. :lol:

Check out my concert review (complete with set list and some sh*tty cell phone pix) here:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20259

Yea, great show, all the better cuz the ticket didn't cost me nuthin'.

Check out my concert review (complete with set list and some sh*tty cell phone pix) here:

Well at least you didn't spend your hard earned dollars on it.

F*ck no... in this economy, with two kids and a mortgage, I ain't pissing away $75 on any concert tickets nowadays!!

I felt the same way too Bob, but really this is a pretty solid release..

I said I'd NEVER buy anything by them again, but after

hearing it a few times I did. Bob see if you can find it in a used

record store..It's worth it. :banger:

F*ck no... in this economy, with two kids and a mortgage, I ain't pissing away $75 on any concert tickets nowadays!!

Now your talkin', to tell you the truth I don't know why I ventured into this thread, I knew it would just piss me off. I guess I was hoping for some Selloutica bashing.

Now your talkin', to tell you the truth I don't know why I ventured into this thread, I knew it would just piss me off. I guess I was hoping for some Selloutica bashing.

Did you check out my concert review thread? The set list was great, if it wasn't off the new album it was all old school sh*t. No LOAD, RELOAD, or ST. ANGER tunes in sight. They busted out "Hit The Lights" for Chrissake!! :headbanger:

I felt the same way too Bob, but really this is a pretty solid release..

I said I'd NEVER buy anything by them again, but after

hearing it a few times I did. Bob see if you can find it in a used

record store..It's worth it. :banger:

Oh Eric not you too...I see everyone's been brainwashed by these guys. Nope...I'm not going to do it...no sir.

I too was ready to bash them..now this release doesn't forgive ALL

the crap they released, but it is a good start!!

Did you check out my concert review thread? The set list was great, if it wasn't off the new album it was all old school sh*t. No LOAD, RELOAD, or ST. ANGER tunes in sight. They busted out "Hit The Lights" for Chrissake!! :headbanger:

Yeah but did James "the hypocrite" Hetfield hit those same notes as he use to?

He sounded pretty good... got a little nasally/ragged sounding towards the end but that's to be expected after two hours on stage I guess.

He sounded pretty good... got a little nasally/ragged sounding towards the end but that's to be expected after two hours on stage I guess.

Well that's good, I guess he still has something to live for.