Firefest VI

Glen

Right here's the (almost) full line up.

Saturday first (cos that's the day Im hopefully going).........

Airrace

The Poodles

Drive She Said *

Romeos Daughter *

Crown Of Thorns

White Sister *

TBA - couldnt confirm as not yet booked

FM

(* original line up!!!).

Thats pretty bloody wicked if you ask me.........well Jez you could get your wish to see White Sister as they are back! They were awesome last year!

FM announced they will record a new album to be released on the day of FF.

Saturday 24th Oct.........

As for Friday........good line up but I will definitely not be able to make this (not with twins!!).....

Lost Weekend

Eclipse

Bad Habit

HEAT

Treat

Shame really cos that will be really good too.

I'll be at the Saturday show with my bro, so hope to see some HH guys there too.

Cheers

:drink:

what a freakin insane line up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beerbang::beerbang::beerbang::beerbang::beerbang::beerbang:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm much more interested in the Friday than the Saturday, so will probably just be that day for me....

I'm much more interested in the Friday than the Saturday, so will probably just be that day for me....

Wow, You surprise me with that comment.

HEAT arent one of your favourites :whistle:

Lost weekend??

Bad Habit's newie is a bit of a let down.

Sure Eclipse & Treat will be good.......but that's only 2 bands.

BUT...............

To turn down DSS (awesome!), Poodles, Crown Of Thorns (they will no doubt play a best of set after 6 years out of the UK), White Sister (who absolutely blew me away last year), FM..........and one more band to be announced..........plus Airrace (who could be great!), and the rather lovely Romeo's Daughter......Saturday is a must in my book.

As for the TBA band............Well I'll tell you now its definitely NOT Michael Bormann.

According to Kieran it is a US band who had loads of hits in their day?????? Very interesting.

Saturday it is for me :tumbsup:

As for the TBA band............Well I'll tell you now its definitely NOT Michael Bormann.

According to Kieran it is a US band who had loads of hits in their day?????? Very interesting.

Just a few thoughts.......US bands, fairly cheap fee? havent played UK in a while??

Icon

Dokken

Mr Big

Heart

Mr Mister

Ratt

Steelheart

White Lion

Y & T

??

Propbably most of those are a no no, but I wouldn't put anything past these FF guys.

My moneys on..............The Dan Reed Network (that would be awesome).

BUT...............

To turn down DSS (awesome!), Poodles, Crown Of Thorns (they will no doubt play a best of set after 6 years out of the UK), White Sister (who absolutely blew me away last year), FM..........and one more band to be announced..........plus Airrace (who could be great!), and the rather lovely Romeo's Daughter......Saturday is a must in my book.

Only DSS and FM interest me in that line-up, Romeo's Daughter are just kinda okay. I just don't like The Poodles, & CoT haven't interested me one jot since their debut. Will depend on who the other TBA band are for me....

Just a few thoughts.......US bands, fairly cheap fee? havent played UK in a while??

Icon

Dokken

Mr Big

Heart

Mr Mister

Ratt

Steelheart

White Lion

Y & T

??

Propbably most of those are a no no, but I wouldn't put anything past these FF guys.

My guess - Night Ranger, who would be a great addition.

Icon

Dokken

Mr Big

Heart

Mr Mister

Ratt

Steelheart

White Lion

Y & T

??

My guess - Night Ranger, who would be a great addition.

Sorry mate, its not them.....already been ruled out by the FF crew - too expensive.

We'll know soon enough.

Apparently its a platinum selling artist.

On reflection I think it might be either Dokken or Y&T.

They are the only 2 which would take a guest slot under FM......were probably platinum sellers in their time and are from the US.

We'll see.

BUT...............

Only DSS and FM interest me in that line-up, Romeo's Daughter are just kinda okay. I just don't like The Poodles, & CoT haven't interested me one jot since their debut. Will depend on who the other TBA band are for me....

By the way Tim, have you heard the Airrace album??

Fanstastic AOR that is - never ever thought I would get to see those guys.

:bowdown:

Yeah, sorry Glen, but I agree with Tim. I almost cried for you when I saw you couldn't make that Friday.

Sure, White Sister and FM (as long as the don't play anything off 'Dead Man's Shoes' or 'Takin' it to the streets') would be amazing to see and but imo the rest is a pretty ordinary line-up. As for Friday, I'd give a testicle to see these bands:

Eclipse

Bad Habit

HEAT

Treat

On reflection I think it might be either Dokken or Y&T.

They are the only 2 which would take a guest slot under FM......were probably platinum sellers in their time and are from the US.

We'll see.

Foreigner? Bloody hope it's not Dokken or Y&T....

Yeah, sorry Glen, but I agree with Tim. I almost cried for you when I saw you couldn't make that Friday.

Sure, White Sister and FM (as long as the don't play anything off 'Dead Man's Shoes' or 'Takin' it to the streets') would be amazing to see and but imo the rest is a pretty ordinary line-up. As for Friday, I'd give a testicle to see these bands:

Eclipse

Bad Habit

HEAT

Treat

Are you mad?? Ordinary line up.

What.......... Drive She Said............ive seen them and they were amazing.

Crown Of Thorns - s/b great. Yeah their latest album wasnt the best, but lets face it. FF. one hour. Best of show. Which means amazing. Id give both my nuts to hear some songs off that debut again.....Dyin For Love, The Healer, House of Love. :bowdown::bowdown: etc etc.

& as for Airrace. I nearly wet my pants when they were announced as THE FIRST BAND. Jesus, the rest had better be on top form. Could be the band of the day. I mean....come on....that album is fuckin wicked by anyones standards.

Each to their own, but judging by the last festival you attended, I know which Id prefer :whistle:

Eclipse

Bad Habit

HEAT

Treat

Crown Of Thorns - s/b great. Yeah their latest album wasnt the best, but lets face it. FF. one hour. Best of show. Which means amazing. Id give both my nuts to hear some songs off that debut again.....Dyin For Love, The Healer, House of Love. :bowdown::bowdown: etc etc.

& as for Airrace. I nearly wet my pants when they were announced as THE FIRST BAND. Jesus, the rest had better be on top form. Could be the band of the day. I mean....come on....that album is fuckin wicked by anyones standards.

Each to their own, but judging by the last festival you attended, I know which Id prefer :whistle:

I know which one I'd prefer too, but you can only deal with the hand you've been dealt. Not sure what that has to do with anything anyway.

I have absolutely 0 interest in Drive She Said (aren't they a long time gone anyway??) despite enjoying a song or two and I don't like Airrace at all. I guess if COT play stuff from the debut you might get a few cheap thrills, but their debut, 'Raw Thorns' and 'Lost Cathederal' are the only good discs they have. They have a lot of poor albums to choose material from, so their set list could go either way.

It Would be good to have a great mix of some great US AOR Like Drive,She Said, (who are no slouches live I can tell you) Treat (brilliant at the previous Firefest when I went - check out the 'Scratch And Bite' DVD for proof) and HEAT'S top class Scandie Melodic rock and 'The Masters' of 80's US hard rock Y&T to top it off. Y&T Would be a fantastic addition to this bill and I guarantee (and this is in no way deregotory to the other excellent bands on the bill) they would probably blow the place apart and all the other bands with it, they are that good live.

Airrace I will be interested in seeing, as apart from one excellent album and a few live shows (I have a couple on cd-r which are so so), nothing has been heard of them for nigh on 25 years.

Crown Of Thorns I love the early stuff especially and I am a big Jean Beauvoir fan, but I must admit the pulse isn't racing that quickly at the moment at the thought, especially after the rather lame previous disc.

FM - Guaranteed they will be great. I missed them last year, but heard they were really good and every other time I have seen them (8 and counting), they haven't let me down one bit. Awesome live band.

White Sister I am chomping at the bit to see especially as I missed them last year - never thought I'd get another chance.

Eclipse and Bad Habit - I like but again, not too bothered to be honest.

Anyways, the date is in the diary, and the band is being told on Saturday that no gigs are to be booked that weekend, so I should be there.. :beerbang:

I guess I'm just waiting to see who the final band are on the Saturday to make up my mind. Be great to see all you other guys there but I just want there to be enough music I'd enjoy too. To be honest, although I trust Jez that they'd be great live, Y&T do nothing for me at all. Nor do the other bands mentioned; Dokken, Foreigner, Tesla....

It Would be good to have a great mix of some great US AOR Like Drive,She Said, (who are no slouches live I can tell you) Treat (brilliant at the previous Firefest when I went - check out the 'Scratch And Bite' DVD for proof) and HEAT'S top class Scandie Melodic rock and 'The Masters' of 80's US hard rock Y&T to top it off. Y&T Would be a fantastic addition to this bill and I guarantee (and this is in no way deregotory to the other excellent bands on the bill) they would probably blow the place apart and all the other bands with it, they are that good live.

Airrace I will be interested in seeing, as apart from one excellent album and a few live shows (I have a couple on cd-r which are so so), nothing has been heard of them for nigh on 25 years.

Crown Of Thorns I love the early stuff especially and I am a big Jean Beauvoir fan, but I must admit the pulse isn't racing that quickly at the moment at the thought, especially after the rather lame previous disc.

FM - Guaranteed they will be great. I missed them last year, but heard they were really good and every other time I have seen them (8 and counting), they haven't let me down one bit. Awesome live band.

White Sister I am chomping at the bit to see especially as I missed them last year - never thought I'd get another chance.

Eclipse and Bad Habit - I like but again, not too bothered to be honest.

Anyways, the date is in the diary, and the band is being told on Saturday that no gigs are to be booked that weekend, so I should be there.. :beerbang:

Backed Y&T would be a great addition. Ive never seen them either.

Eclipse

Bad Habit

HEAT

Treat

I have absolutely 0 interest in Drive She Said (aren't they a long time gone anyway??) despite enjoying a song or two and I don't like Airrace at all.

Again, pretty lonely opinions I would imagine.

Pretty much everyone I know who likes this style of music loves DSS...and they are killer live. For a change someone who can actually sing (Al Fritch).

& the Airrace album is awesome. Sorry. For me its one of the best AOR albums ive heard. :nyanya:

Anyway, why are we even discussing this???! In an age when these bands just dont play anymore, it is a complete no brainer for me. Be there. I cant even understand why some are questioning going?? Believe me if I could I would be there for Friday as well, but circumstances are pretty extreme on the family side!!!

Cheers

Last I heard, the FF crew were still waiting on the 'special guest' to confirm.....playing silly buggers I reckon.

They are working on a plan B and a plan C.

I reckon we wont ever find out who this mystery artist is, cos it wont happen and the FF crew wont get involved in a slanging match.

So who's definitely going to this? Even though I'm not blown away by the line-up it'd be good to meet up with some of you guys if you're going.... And I'll just have to hope the special guest is not bloody Dokken. :lol:

So who's definitely going to this? Even though I'm not blown away by the line-up it'd be good to meet up with some of you guys if you're going.... And I'll just have to hope the special guest is not bloody Dokken. :lol:

I sent off a cheque yesterday for me and my bro (Sat only.......we cant make the Fri).

We also have about 3 other guys going (99%) who are old freinds of ours.

:guitbannana:

I sent off a cheque yesterday for me and my bro (Sat only.......we cant make the Fri).

Cool. Am probably going on my own this year as the only other person I know into this music can't make it....

Jez, you going too mate?

Cool. Am probably going on my own this year as the only other person I know into this music can't make it....

Jez, you going too mate?

Cool mate.....you can hang with us.

Rock music and beer...........cant think of a better way to spend a day :tumbsup:

Jez, you going too mate?

Cool mate.....you can hang with us.

Rock music and beer...........cant think of a better way to spend a day :tumbsup:

Nice one. And who knows, the mystery guest might end up being Anberlin or Safetysuit or Story of the Year. if they can't get anyone else to come?!... :lol: