Firefest VI

Glen

So who's definitely going to this? Even though I'm not blown away by the line-up it'd be good to meet up with some of you guys if you're going.... And I'll just have to hope the special guest is not bloody Dokken. :lol:

I sent off a cheque yesterday for me and my bro (Sat only.......we cant make the Fri).

We also have about 3 other guys going (99%) who are old freinds of ours.

:guitbannana:

Cool. Am probably going on my own this year as the only other person I know into this music can't make it....

Jez, you going too mate?

Cool mate.....you can hang with us.

Rock music and beer...........cant think of a better way to spend a day :tumbsup:

Nice one. And who knows, the mystery guest might end up being Anberlin or Safetysuit or Story of the Year. if they can't get anyone else to come?!... :lol:

Ha, dream on mate.

Seriously though, Im wondering if plan B & C might be Brother Firetribe & Place Vendome.

The singer from BF was there last year and performed so he knows the score and the Place Vendome musicians are PC69 and they had a blast last year.

That would be awesome...............again dreaming..............

:drink:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who's definitely going to this? Even though I'm not blown away by the line-up it'd be good to meet up with some of you guys if you're going.... And I'll just have to hope the special guest is not bloody Dokken. :lol:

I sent off a cheque yesterday for me and my bro (Sat only.......we cant make the Fri).

We also have about 3 other guys going (99%) who are old freinds of ours.

:guitbannana:

Cool. Am probably going on my own this year as the only other person I know into this music can't make it....

Jez, you going too mate?

90% Yes mate. Just gotta clear it with the band lads about not booking gigs etc. Seeing them tomorrow. :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

A little update on some of the conversations over at Melrock..........

400 tickets sold already for the Saturday night.

Gotthard wanted to play.......their UK agency said no.

The mystery US band that had been dicking around is now definitely not playing and as I suggested the FF team wont reveal who they are......

Alias were approached..........the singer, lead was up for it, but the bass/drummer had other commitments - shame.

Brother Firetribe cant do as the guitarist has Nightwish commitments.

Alias were approached..........the singer, lead was up for it, but the bass/drummer had other commitments - shame.

Tell Freddy that I'll take a shot at the drums (has been a few years but I'm sure I've still got the magic) if Jez can fill in on bass? It's mostly ballads anyway, can't be too hard...

Shame some of these bands can't play, but I'm not upset that the U.S band can't come - am not a fan of any of the bands suggested for that slot....

Tell Freddy that I'll take a shot at the drums (has been a few years but I'm sure I've still got the magic) if Jez can fill in on bass? It's mostly ballads anyway, can't be too hard...

Ha, now that would be worth paying to see............although in reality Id probably use the opportunity for a burger break :lol:

'The Masters' of 80's US hard rock Y&T to top it off. Y&T Would be a fantastic addition to this bill and I guarantee (and this is in no way deregotory to the other excellent bands on the bill) they would probably blow the place apart and all the other bands with it, they are that good live.

I can only go by their :bowdown: live DVD and if it is going to be anything like that, the words you speak Jez would probably be spot on :tumbsup:

Last band has been confirmed as Honeymoon Suite :banana:

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :beerbang:

Yeah my thoughts exactly - lets hope they dont play too many off the debut. Id prefer Big Prize or Racing After Midnight stuff :tumbsup:

Yeah my thoughts exactly - lets hope they dont play too many off the debut. Id prefer Big Prize or Racing After Midnight stuff :tumbsup:

Plus looking at their live cd released in 2005, they didnt play the best set they could.

Lets hope they improve the set this time round.

Lets hope they dont do a PC69 and play all their worst songs :whistle:

Plus looking at their live cd released in 2005, they didnt play the best set they could.

Lets hope they improve the set this time round.

Lets hope they dont do a PC69 and play all their worst songs :whistle:

They were great when I saw them at that gig in 2005 - one of the best bnads of the day. A great addition to the line up for Firefest mate.

Great news - better than all the bands people were mentioning as likely candidates. Hopefully they'll just play stuff up to (and including) "Monsters Under the Bed" though, not been a fan of the albums after....

So who's going then - I think Jez & Tim are up for it....anyone else??

Yep - I mentioned to the band on Saturday, so no gigs will be booked. I just need to get my ticket now. Where's the best place Glen?

So who's going then - I think Jez & Tim are up for it....anyone else??

Yep - I mentioned to the band on Saturday, so no gigs will be booked. I just need to get my ticket now. Where's the best place Glen?

Id get it direct from Bruce Mee - i sent a cheque but i think he takes paypal as well - details will be on the FF website - give me a shout otherwise

TIM2 is in I think so that makes Me, Glen, TIM2. Anyone else definitely in attendance?

• 4 months later...

Firefest update..........and an excellent one at that! Terry Brock to sing with Drive She Said. It just gets better eh???! And almost confirmation that FF7 will take place in 2010!!!! :headbanger:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIREFEST PRESS RELEASE:

"Firefest are delighted to announce that one of the finest voices to ever grace melodic hard rock will be making an appearance at Firefest 6. Terry Brock (Strangeways/The Sign/Solo) will be accompanying Drive She Said as part of the band. Add Terry's voice to mix along with Al Fritch everybody is in for a very special treat. Terry is delighted to be returning to the UK after such a long absence, and promises a surprise or two for long standing fans.

Ticket Sales have been excellent so far. Friday Night is almost sold out completely with less than 20 tickets remaining to see Treat, Heat, Bad Habit, Eclipse and Lost Weekend. If you do intend to come to the show on Friday, please be sure to purchase your tickets as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment . Once they are gone...they are gone.

Tickets for Saturday have been extremely healthy also, with in excess of 800 tickets sold. Once again , there will be people travelling from all over the world (literally) to see the show. We will have attendees from 19 countries so far , including Peru, for the first time. With almost 100 travelling from Spain, we also would like to take this opportunity to say a big GRACIAS to our Spanish supporters who never cease to amaze us every year. Not forgetting those travelling from all parts of the UK, Sweden, Ireland, Germany, Finland, Italy, Belgium, France, USA, Norway, Australia, Russia, Switzerland, Canada, Greece, Japan and Korea. We would like to take this opportunity to say a huge THANK YOU to everybody who continues to support us every year. Firefest has grown to be a truly international show, and without your support there would be no show.

Tickets can be purchased using PayPal from www.thefirefest.com or by cheque, bank draft or postal order from the Fireworks/Firefest office address below.

If you remember Firefest 4, we displayed the national flags of every country attending the show. Well, we would like to do so again this year. If you are attending the show , and want to see YOUR national flag taking it's place amongst the other rock and roll nations of the world, we would ask that you send us your national flag in advance . Flags should be no larger than 3' X 2', and we're not bothered if we receive more than one flag from each country, rest assured, we will find a place for ALL of them.

Flags can be mailed to the Firefest Office: 10 Dunnock Close, Offerton, Stockport, SK2 5XD, England.

The Firefest series of DVDs continues with the latest release being Mitch Malloy. Once again this is a limited edition of 1000 pieces worldwide. The PAL version is almost sold out, whilst there are limited numbers of the NTSC version available. Grab yours from www.thefirefest.com or anybody ordering the NTSC version can do so from www.myspace.com/mitchmalloy. The remaining Firefest DVDs are in production and whilst we have yet to finalise definitive release dates, we can confirm the following:

Loud and Clear: August 31

White Sister: September 21

Rox Diamond: October 1

Crunch: Recorded at FF 5, October 1st

Of the remaining DVDs, we will advise release dates as soon as we have them, but ideally they should be available at Firefest 6 on the day of the show. Many DVDs will contain bonus footage supplied by the bands themselves, some previously unreleased audio tracks etc, etc. Full details of each release will be made available separately closer to the actual release date. A pre-order system will be available for each release, as once again , each release will be a limited run and will not be re printed once sold out.

T-Shirts: This year Firefest intend to have a number of different designs and styles available in both ladies and gents shirts. Every year we have people saying to us “I have a great idea for a shirt” , well, this year here is your opportunity to design a shirt for FF6. We would like to ask all budding graphic artists to submit their designs to us, a winning design to be chosen by the FF team and a limited number of shirts will be printed featuring that design will be for sale at the show.

The winner will receive a pair of tickets to the FF6 weekend , as well as a copy of each of the Firefest series of dvd's and a £50 gift token to the merchandise desk at FF6. The second and third place designers will each receive a copy of each of the Firefest series of DVDs.

Designs should be submitted to Firefest@hotmail.com with the heading Shirt Design. The closing date for submission of entries is August 21 and the winner announced on August 31. Please make sure that your design is sent in a high resolution format where detailing can be seen clearly.

As many of you know , we had intended Firefest 5 to be the final show, and that was our intention....until we received a barrage of e mails, texts, and phone calls from over 1000 people asking us to continue. It really is very humbling for the FF crew to read some of your mails telling us what the show means to you. It is even more humbling to be allowed to put this together for you every year. It's only when you sit down and consider what we ALL have achieved, against all the odds that you realise how special the FF weekend actually is. We're not saying that FF6 is the last show. In fact we have already made contact with a number of bands for FF7 which will take place in 2010. Two bands have already agreed to play, and two more are considering offers. More on that closer to the time.

In the meantime, we would ask that you continue to support us in any way you can. As you know we do this show each year with NO commercial sponsorship (although we are open to offers). It's not easy, but then again, if it was easy it wouldn't be as much fun. Please do your best to spread the word about the show. Encourage some people to come along and enjoy a great weekend's entertainment. We would love to see the House Full signs outside Rock City again this year....just to prove that REAL rock music has timeless appeal.

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you at the show in October."

Kieran, Bruce and the Firefest crew.

Good news, love Terrys vox.

I wonder if maybe they will throw in a Strangeways song or maybe somthing like 'Jaded'..that would be awesome - I love that tune off the Slamer album. V nice news in any case!

Good news, love Terrys vox.

I wonder if maybe they will throw in a Strangeways song or maybe somthing like 'Jaded'..that would be awesome - I love that tune off the Slamer album. V nice news in any case!

Airrace were top notch on Friday mate. All the album plus a couple of new ones. Keith Murrell still has a fantastic voice and the whole band sounded really tight. No Jason Bonham though, as he had to fly home as his kid was ill. He isn't at Firefest either, as he is doing the Foreigner gig. I was chatting with Keith Murrell and Laurie Mansworth after the gig and it looks like a new album is in the pipeline. I met Derek Oliver as well and a 'Shaft Of Light' Rock Candy sooper dooper edition was mentioned. Watch this space.

Really look forward to seeing them again and I reckon you will really enjoy.

• 1 month later...