Keel to reunite in 2009

heavyharmonies

It was due to come out this summer... I was the one who spoke with Woop at the BNB gig earlier this year, snapped a few photos and posted them here and Andrew also used them and did a little write-up on Melodic Rock.

I was told then the album "should" be released Summer 2008... obviously that didn't happen, but I think we're getting close (at least closer). And I think Tommy is still involved at least behind the scenes. He was the one who played guitar earlier this year (not the new guy), and since he lives in Portland I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up to next month's gig so long as he isn't busy with KISS. Who knows, maybe he and his brother will at least be involved with the production / mastering. John and Tommy used to own a record label here in town.

well the first Keel had Malmsteen on it, great debut!!!

AAW, THANKS i FORGOT!!!!! That was a good one!!!!

While I like this band just fine, I couldn't care less about a reunion unless it results in some new tunes. "Right to Rock" failed to hold up for me as the years rolled on. "Final Frontier" has its moments, but some fillers too, and I haven't listened to it in forever, though it still sits in my collection. Their self-titled album remains their masterpiece, in my opinion, and the album I find myself listening to the most, followed by "Back in Action," which contains my favorite Keel song, "Reach out and Rock Somebody."

As others have mentioned, though, their lyrics are so cheesy, it's a wonder rats don't come scurrying from all directions everytime someone plays the CDs. But you simply can't deny their place in hard rock/metal history. The band knew how to write an anthems loaded with big guitars, big hooks, big choruses, & big vocals, and sometimes that's all you need.

the album I find myself listening to the most, followed by "Back in Action," which contains my favorite Keel song, "Reach out and Rock Somebody."

'Answers in your eyes' and 'Reason to rock' are two of my all-time favourite Keel songs. Don't know 'Reach out and rock somebody' off the top of my head but I can make a pretty good guess as to how it sounds. :lol:

• 1 month later...

More information:

KEEL Reunion Concert Saturday, January 31st, 2009 in Hollywood

CLUB VODKA @ THE KNITTING FACTORY

ALL-STAR JAM FOLLOWING KEEL’S PERFORMANCE FEATURING MANY LEGENDS OF 80’S ROCK

HOLLYWOOD, CA (January 8, 2009) – The KEEL “Debut Reunion Concert” will take place inHollywood on Saturday, January 31st. The location for this historic event will be Club Vodka at The Knitting Factory. Tickets $18 advance, $20 day of show – to purchase tickets, visit http://clubvodka.com, CLUB VODKA at The Knitting Factory, 7021 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90028 – venue phone: 323.463.0204

2009 will mark iconic metal band KEEL’s 25th anniversary, and the passing of two decades since the original lineup played on stage together. Unlike most of their contemporaries, none of the members has ever performed as KEEL since 1989.

Ron Keel, guitarists Marc Ferrari & Bryan Jay, drummer Dwain Miller along with Geno Arce (Ron’s long-time bassist) are preparing to perform again for the first time in 20 years. “It would not have been right without these guys,” expresses Ron Keel. With the high volume of requests for the band to reunite, the members felt the time is right to deliver the show fans everywhere have been demanding: a KEEL reunion.

In 1985, “The Right To Rock” became the fastest-selling debut album in A&M Record’s history. Selling over 2 million albums the band was proclaimed the Best New Band by Metal Edge and Circus Magazines.

The title track was a hit on radio & MTV and remains a staple on VH1 Classic, in addition to the group’s subsequent hits “Tears Of Fire,” “Because The Night,” “Somebody’s Waiting,”and “Rock & Roll Outlaw.” They developed a reputation as one of the genre’s most entertaining live acts, opening for heavyweights like Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, and Van Halen amongst many others.

Plans are for KEEL to reunite at a select number of festivals and showcase dates in 2009 to perform all their hits and classic favorites in celebration of 25 years of rock n roll history – visit the web site and MySpace for details.

For more information go to http://keelreunion.com and http://myspace.com/keelband

the album I find myself listening to the most, followed by "Back in Action," which contains my favorite Keel song, "Reach out and Rock Somebody."

'Answers in your eyes' and 'Reason to rock' are two of my all-time favourite Keel songs. Don't know 'Reach out and rock somebody' off the top of my head but I can make a pretty good guess as to how it sounds. :lol:

"Back in Action" is a great album IMO and "Reason to Rock" is one of my fav Keel songs of all time. :bowdown: