Peep Show

Dead Planet

Yeah, no doubt in the world that 'Brand New Breed' > 'The Savage Playground'... tenfold.

Have you finalize your rating of TSP, G ?

Peep's latest kicks Diet's ass but at 85% vs TSP at 81% isn't very far off in my book though

Yeah I can see Savage coming in at 80% even with a poor sound. Peep rated at 86% for me so we agree!

I threw a 92% at Peepshow and I'll be stunned if 'The Savage Playground' cracks the 80% mark. Though it might just scrape in. But just on sound quality alone, they're just miles apart.

It's same with other Crashdiet discs. I listened to the first 3 in a row yesterday and the debut and 'Generation Wild' sound so amazing, on a different planet to the new one. Even 'The Unattractive Revolution,' which at the time, if I recall correctly, was hassled for it's sound quality... even that sounds 100% better than the new one. It's only when you compare the sound quality of the new CD to other albums that do actually sound great that you can truly comprehend how dreadful the sound quality of the new disc is. It will definitely play a part in how I rate the CD. :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree but I love most of the songs! Personally I would knock off at least 5% for the production, but think it will scrape 80%, maybe a tad under. No way was peepshow good enough to break 90%. Some great tracks for sure, but the second half is way too samey with far too many woahhs going on for my liking.

Yeah I agree but I love most of the songs! Personally I would knock off at least 5% for the production, but think it will scrape 80%, maybe a tad under. No way was peepshow good enough to break 90%. Some great tracks for sure, but the second half is way too samey with far too many woahhs going on for my liking.

Yeah, I like all the new songs too - except 'Cocaine Cowboys.' I'm sure it'll rate well enough. I'm actually curious as to what I'll throw at it.