• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Singer staying with Peep Show.

good news!

I'm eager to see how far peepshow are gonna go. Crashdiet will have the fans no matter who ends up on vocals I'd say.

that's true! don't care who'll be the next vocal, all the fans are going see more crashdiet! :)

• 2 weeks later...

'Brand new breed' and especially 'Turn it up' sound wonderful. I'd like to hear a few more like this. Would love to hear a full disc.

• 11 months later...
Not a band sounding and looking band! Thanks for the link.

Here is Seattle's version: Peepshow Seattle

Definately a good band who's style is a bit more polished than the Euro version. Check 'em out!

These USA guys sound ok. Sound abit at times like Matchbox Twenty/The Calling/Injected to me. Abit too modern for my taste as I am still trapped in the 80s. :devilgrin:

Will stay with Scottish version.

Not a bad sounding and looking band! Thanks for the link.

Here is Seattle's version: Peepshow Seattle

Definately a good band who's style is a bit more polished than the Euro version. Check 'em out!

These USA guys sound ok. Sound abit at times like Matchbox Twenty/The Calling/Injected to me. Abit too modern for my taste as I am still trapped in the 80s. :devilgrin:

Will stay with Scottish version.

Me too, but at least someone finally listened to them! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really like the new one, Brand new breed. I would say CrashDiet with some small modern touches and a great production. A real highlight of the year so far...

Have a listen at the teaser below and judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YFT1yWQQ-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOnsvXcicUY&feature=related

I agree with you friend. This is a solidly-played album, and I like the singer's style too!

But i'm not so sure whether it's easy to buy, do you have any idea where's the cheapest one on the net ?

I agree with you friend. This is a solidly-played album, and I like the singer's style too!

But i'm not so sure whether it's easy to buy, do you have any idea where's the cheapest one on the net ?

Bought it from their web site for £7.99 including shipping to Sweden which I think is bloody cheap. :party421:

Bought it from their web site for £7.99 including shipping to Sweden which I think is bloody cheap. :party421:

Thanks a billion, mate. Just picked both CDs up for about au$22!!! Brilliant value. For those unaware, the last CD - 'Out for blood' was pretty awesome too. Stoked to pick them both up at once for so cheap. :)

Thanks a billion, mate. Just picked both CDs up for about au$22!!! Brilliant value. For those unaware, the last CD - 'Out for blood' was pretty awesome too. Stoked to pick them both up at once for so cheap. :)

Yeah, got both of these on my 'to buy' list when I sell my next lot of CDs on eBay. Bit of a modern edge to their sound, but unusually doesn't put me off. The songs seem to stand up.

You´re welcome Geoff. I promise you will not regret it. The album is just great with a production that kills,,,,, :banger:

• 2 months later...

Been listening to this pretty solidly, and for me it is one of the highlights of 2012 so far. Obviously massive Crashdiet comparisons and they probably havent quite got the hooks that Crashdiet produce, but there's no mistaking that this is a damned good album -

In summary -

Intro

1. Let Go - Decent opener, hook could be better, but is saved by an excellent solo (8.0)

2. Live Free Or Die - would have been my choice as opener - much more hooky chorus - great uptempo rocker (9.0)

3. Trouble - Massive riff based rocker with a cool solo - huge energy throughout, and big Crashdiet influence (9.0)

4. Only A Dream - Atmospheric with echoey vocals & haunting piano..very nice solo but doesnt really 'happen' songwise (7.0)

5. All Or Nothing - solid rocker with interesting keys in the chorus,,again massive CD comparison...great ending to the song (8.5)

6. Feed On Me - my favourite chorus of the album - slight gothic influence ala HIM, but this rocks along nicely! Must admit that the closing solos/riffs are very cool indeedy (9.25)

7. Irreversible - can definitely hear a bit of enuff z nuff in those dreamy verses. like it when the tempo picks up and a simple but melodious musical section leads to a crescendo ending. very nice (8.75)

8. Suffer - Urgent riff/verse leading to another hooky CD style chorus with plenty of woahs. excellent solo (9.0)

9. Romance Is Dead - Great gang style chorus - yet another very cool song - got to say that all the rockers on this are as consistent as hell, if slightly samey (8.75)

10. Star Eyes - Love that intro with riff/electronica - reminds me of the Lost Boys soundtrack kind of crossed with Vain if that makes sense? also like the 2 tier chorus...really taken by this one, the epitome of cool, but maybe too many woahs? (9.0)

11. Brand New Breed - Bass/riff...means one thing, CD all over again. Solid rocker but not overly keen on the spoken part (8.5)

12. Waking The Dead - Huge verse. more fuckin woahs (do we really need them in every song?)..more HS in style this one but its another goodie to end the album (8.5)

outro - decent but missed a trick here not speeding this up and turning it into a huge SOTY styled rocker, hey ho.

OVERALL 86%

Fans of Crashdiet really cannot go wrong with this album....its so close in style to Generation Wild. A really mega consistent album, which is maybe just missing a 'Chemical' style bomb to clear the magic 90%, but still a great effort.