Black Sabbath

Faron

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prefer Dio..but both eras were solid.Sab were before my time though...d*mn Real Rock Fan your old. :lol::tumbsup:

Certainly feeling it mate :)

The one album that gets more airplay in my home is TECHNICAL ECSTACY.

GREAT ALBUM!, but what a shitty sound quality. I.M.O.

Very underrated Sabbath album, some great songs if a little different to previous stuff.

Never Say Die I rate highly too, outside of the first/big 6 albums :tumbsup:

Very underrated Sabbath album, some great songs if a little different to previous stuff.

I had always read that Never Say Die sucked but after reading in some Heavy Metal book that it was a 10/10 I finally broke down and bought it and to say that I was underwhelmed would be an understatement. The band seemed on fire on their first 6 albums, especially the first 4, but it wasn't really until H&H that they kicked ass again IMO.

I had always read that Never Say Die sucked but after reading in some Heavy Metal book that it was a 10/10 I finally broke down and bought it and to say that I was underwhelmed would be an understatement. The band seemed on fire on their first 6 albums, especially the first 4, but it wasn't really until H&H that they kicked ass again IMO.

I have a kinda love/hate relationship with 'Never Say Die'. I ocassionally spin it and quite like the majority of it, then on other ocassions I play it and besides the title track, I skip skip skip and put on one of their other discs.

Love "Never Say Die" love "Technical Ecstacy" love "Sabotage" love everything the original band did :bowdown: and also loved "Born Again" big time :tumbsup::christmas:

This is another really underrated album that I couldn`t get into but in time I played it and played it (no surprises there) and think it`s a great album, not as good as the big 6 or Heaven And Hell/Mob Rules, just shows how good they are :tumbsup:

Love "Never Say Die" love "Technical Ecstacy" love "Sabotage" love everything the original band did :bowdown: and also loved "Born Again" big time :tumbsup::christmas:

Agreed Dave, all the old Sabbath albums are very good to excellent :)

I gotta say "Sabotage" Is my Fave Release with Ozzy...that is a great release..

Mine too matey, Megalomania, Hole In The Sky, Symptom Of The Universe, The Writ :tumbsup:

Mine too matey, Megalomania, Hole In The Sky, Symptom Of The Universe, The Writ :tumbsup:

Backed...I totally forgot about this one and pulled it out the other day

for a spin...Great Stuff...Megalomania being my fave track...

Backed...I totally forgot about this one and pulled it out the other day

for a spin...Great Stuff...Megalomania being my fave track...

Don`t want to keep saying mine too but Megalomania is mine too :)

Classic album :tumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Just listened to the compilation SYMPTOM OF THE UNIVERSE 1970-1978 today for the first time in a while. Great stuff. I'm a bigger fan of the Dio Sab than the Ozzy era, but this collection covers the Ozz era nicely with all the essentials. I used to have a bunch of the Ozzy Sab on cassette back in the day but this comp is the only stuff from that era I've got on CD. For a casual fan like myself, it provides a nice cheap shortcut to re-buying all the studio albums on CD. :lol:

I just wish they'd left off "Changes" from the running order... I never could stand that frickin' song! :hammer:

I was taking the kids to gymnastics and had "Planet Caravan" cranked up. When we got there I went to let them out of the car and they were both sound asleep! :lol:

Just listened to the compilation SYMPTOM OF THE UNIVERSE 1970-1978 today for the first time in a while. Great stuff. I'm a bigger fan of the Dio Sab than the Ozzy era, but this collection covers the Ozz era nicely with all the essentials. I used to have a bunch of the Ozzy Sab on cassette back in the day but this comp is the only stuff from that era I've got on CD. For a casual fan like myself, it provides a nice cheap shortcut to re-buying all the studio albums on CD. :lol:

I just wish they'd left off "Changes" from the running order... I never could stand that frickin' song! :hammer:

I love Changes, an absolute classic, quite an haunting song, the version he did with his daughter is obviously the one you`re referring to :lol:

I was taking the kids to gymnastics and had "Planet Caravan" cranked up. When we got there I went to let them out of the car and they were both sound asleep! :lol:

Great song, either it bored them to sleep or Sabbath songs are therapeutic :tumbsup:

As I`m a little stuck in my ways, I`ve never really given the "other" Sabbath albums a chance.

Of late, Born Again, Tyr, Headless Cross and Cross Purposes have been given massive airtime in my household.

I really like them all, not listened to Forbidden yet, seems to get a panning by all, surely not that bad! :unsure:

As I`m a little stuck in my ways, I`ve never really given the "other" Sabbath albums a chance.

Of late, Born Again, Tyr, Headless Cross and Cross Purposes have been given massive airtime in my household.

I really like them all, not listened to Forbidden yet, seems to get a panning by all, surely not that bad! :unsure:

BORN AGAIN!

One of my favorite singers (IAN GILLAN). When I heard he was doing B.A., I had to run out and get it. I also like it a lot :tumbsup:

I love Changes, an absolute classic, quite an haunting song, the version he did with his daughter is obviously the one you`re referring to :lol:

Nope, I'm talkin' the original... didn't like it back in the day, don't like it now. And I definitely don't wanna hear the version he did with his daughter :puke:

One of my favorite bands, Overkill, covered that song on their "Coverkill" album back in '99 and even THEY couldn't save it for me...

It's pretty damn bad. The song with Ice-T was the final blow. The only Sabbath album I don't own and I'm pretty sure I simply threw it away rather than sell or trade it.

It's pretty damn bad. The song with Ice-T was the final blow. The only Sabbath album I don't own and I'm pretty sure I simply threw it away rather than sell or trade it.

I think there was one song I really liked on there...but I'm too afraid to listen to that album again to find out which one it was. :unsure:

I think there was one song I really liked on there...but I'm too afraid to listen to that album again to find out which one it was. :unsure:

I actualy have not played this for some time now but I do remember classing this as an average album with a few very good tracks..... :unsure: ...I will have to play this again very soon and get back to you on my thoughts :tumbsup:

BORN AGAIN!

One of my favorite singers (IAN GILLAN). When I heard he was doing B.A., I had to run out and get it. I also like it a lot :tumbsup:

This had really grown on me, I ordered it recently, still waiting for it :tumbsup:

One of my favorite bands, Overkill, covered that song on their "Coverkill" album back in '99 and even THEY couldn't save it for me...

Say no more :lol: