Black Sabbath

Faron

As I`m a little stuck in my ways, I`ve never really given the "other" Sabbath albums a chance.

Of late, Born Again, Tyr, Headless Cross and Cross Purposes have been given massive airtime in my household.

I really like them all, not listened to Forbidden yet, seems to get a panning by all, surely not that bad! :unsure:

It's pretty damn bad. The song with Ice-T was the final blow. The only Sabbath album I don't own and I'm pretty sure I simply threw it away rather than sell or trade it.

As you`re a Black Sabbath lover, it must be crap :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I`m a little stuck in my ways, I`ve never really given the "other" Sabbath albums a chance.

Of late, Born Again, Tyr, Headless Cross and Cross Purposes have been given massive airtime in my household.

I really like them all, not listened to Forbidden yet, seems to get a panning by all, surely not that bad! :unsure:

It's pretty damn bad. The song with Ice-T was the final blow. The only Sabbath album I don't own and I'm pretty sure I simply threw it away rather than sell or trade it.

I think there was one song I really liked on there...but I'm too afraid to listen to that album again to find out which one it was. :unsure:

:rofl2:

I think there was one song I really liked on there...but I'm too afraid to listen to that album again to find out which one it was. :unsure:

I actualy have not played this for some time now but I do remember classing this as an average album with a few very good tracks..... :unsure: ...I will have to play this again very soon and get back to you on my thoughts :tumbsup:

Have you played it yet Dave? :whistle:

Look foward to your thoughts on this! :tumbsup:

:rofl2: .....I've just got out of bed and the missus and kids are still in theirs.....If I arked up Black Sabbath on the stereo now, it would go over like a wrought iron hang glider and trust me, you don't want to get the missus angry :yikes: .....especially because I am running out of beer and will need her to buy more when she goes shopping today and trust me, If I was to put Black Sabbath on now, no beer would be purchased today.......or for the next month :lol:

:rofl2: .....I've just got out of bed and the missus and kids are still in theirs.....If I arked up Black Sabbath on the stereo now, it would go over like a wrought iron hang glider and trust me, you don't want to get the missus angry :yikes: .....especially because I am running out of beer and will need her to buy more when she goes shopping today and trust me, If I was to put Black Sabbath on now, no beer would be purchased today.......or for the next month :lol:

:rofl2:

Funny bloke you are Dave, never realised you liked beer :lol:

If you pinpoint some cheap Little River Band, I`ll buy you a beer the next time I see you in your local bar :tumbsup:

Thanks mate :tumbsup:

never realised you liked beer :lol:

Beer and air have the same thing in common........I need both to survive :lol:

Regarding Forbidden, the track featuring the non-singer, Ice T, is The Illusion Of Power, and it sucks Roseanne's bath water, which is as to be expected. But of the other 10 tracks, 7 of them are fairly decent. Rusty Angels and Can't Get Close Enough are both worth repeated listens, while Get A Grip, Shaking Off The Chains, Guilty As Hell, Sick And Tired, and Forbidden are worth giving a chance. I Won't Cry For You, Kiss Of Death, and Loser Gets It All are mostly throwaway sub-par tracks. Avoid The Illusion Of Power at all costs - the speaking (Ice-T obviously can't sing at all) of Mr.-Perpetual-Stomach-Cramps-Expression himself, is nothing short of the biggest embarrassment to ever feature the Black Sabbath name.

Regarding Forbidden, the track featuring the non-singer, Ice T, is The Illusion Of Power, and it sucks Roseanne's bath water, which is as to be expected. But of the other 10 tracks, 7 of them are fairly decent. Rusty Angels and Can't Get Close Enough are both worth repeated listens, while Get A Grip, Shaking Off The Chains, Guilty As Hell, Sick And Tired, and Forbidden are worth giving a chance. I Won't Cry For You, Kiss Of Death, and Loser Gets It All are mostly throwaway sub-par tracks. Avoid The Illusion Of Power at all costs - the speaking (Ice-T obviously can't sing at all) of Mr.-Perpetual-Stomach-Cramps-Expression himself, is nothing short of the biggest embarrassment to ever feature the Black Sabbath name.

And that's the part I can't get over. Sabbath is my favorite band, period. However, rather than living with that atrocity I simply pretend it doesn't exist. :tumbsup:

Loser Gets It All

:unsure: ....That's not on my CD....Is that a bonus track???

After giving this another listen, I would class 5 of the songs as being good, they are "Get A Grip", "Can't Get Close Enough", I Won't Cry For You", "Rusty Angel" {probably my favourite off the album} and "Kiss Of Death"

The others which I would class as okay would be "Guilty As Hell", "Sick And Tired"

I would then class "Forbidden" as average and "Shaking Off The Chains" as very average and that then leaves "The Illusion Of Power" as a steaming mound of dog turd, it is that bad.

I would only give the album a :unsure: 6.5 / 7 out of 10 only because there is really no stand out tracks on the album that make you want to play it again.....It's a pretty good album but a long way from being a great one.

never realised you liked beer :lol:

Beer and air have the same thing in common........I need both to survive :lol:

:lol:

Look forward to hearing The Illusion Of Power :whistle:

Loser Gets It All

After giving this another listen, I would class 5 of the songs as being good, they are "Get A Grip", "Can't Get Close Enough", I Won't Cry For You", "Rusty Angel" {probably my favourite off the album} and "Kiss Of Death"

The others which I would class as okay would be "Guilty As Hell", "Sick And Tired"

I would then class "Forbidden" as average and "Shaking Off The Chains" as very average and that then leaves "The Illusion Of Power" as a steaming mound of dog turd, it is that bad.

I would only give the album a :unsure: 6.5 / 7 out of 10 only because there is really no stand out tracks on the album that make you want to play it again.....It's a pretty good album but a long way from being a great one.

Well done Dave, you got round to playing it then :tumbsup:

:lol:

I think it works now.

Richie, you made my day. I've got tears running down my checks and my wife thinks I'm a fucking idiot for laughing so loud but that's the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

:wtf::rofl2:

I thought I was watching "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" part II

Loser Gets It All

It's a bonus track on the Japanese release (rerease?). Ah, so.