Guns N'Roses

Guest Shogun

I saw a guy on TV this morning who was leaving Best Buy with six (!) copies of the new album -- 5 CDs and one on vinyl. He sez the reason he bought so many is because "it's been so long" (which isn't really a reason now is it?) and that he "wants to help the band's sales." Ooooookay. :whistle:

Axl's gonna make his $13 million back pretty quick if there are more like that guy out there.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a guy on TV this morning who was leaving Best Buy with six (!) copies of the new album -- 5 CDs and one on vinyl. He sez the reason he bought so many is because "it's been so long" (which isn't really a reason now is it?) and that he "wants to help the band's sales." Ooooookay. :whistle:

Axl's gonna make his $13 million back pretty quick if there are more like that guy out there.

This album will sell big on hype alone. :lol:

Sounds like a smart guy.

I still like it but it is an Axl Rose solo project not a real GNR album.

If that's the case then Whitesnake's has been Coverdale's solo band since 1983... :whistle:

The difference is that the new Whitesnake album sounds like a great mix of both the early Bluesy Snake and the more Mainstream Snake. Where the new GNR really doesn't have much in common with either Appetite or the Illusions albums. With that said I still like the album but it is an Axl solo project and GNR in name only.

I'm only 4 tracks deep, but so far the production absolutely kills. For 13 million I'd expect this to sound like God himself produced it....and it ain't far off.

I was never a big fan of the band, I think Use Your Illusions should have been trimmed to 1 disc and Appetite is such a classic that even your 60 year old parents know the songs on it.

This isn't Guns N Roses, it's solo Axl Rose...who in turn is Guns N Roses when you look at the big picture.

If he waits another 17 years to release another disc I'll be 50. WOW!!!

Does anyone think he'll release another one or is this the last of new Axl stuff?

Does anyone think he'll release another one or is this the last of new Axl stuff?

That's an interesting question. I personally can't believe he would, but you never know. This wait was just such a f*cking joke and if that's seriously how long he takes to roll, I can't believe he'd bother again. But who knows...

That's an interesting question. I personally can't believe he would, but you never know. This wait was just such a f*cking joke and if that's seriously how long he takes to roll, I can't believe he'd bother again. But who knows...

According to a interview I read with Sebastian Bach he said there's two more albums coming still.

I'd have to find that article but I think it was another new release every two years and I think most of the songs are already done.

I just got the album today via ebay (and nabbed the first comment on the comments section hehe) and the production is superb. Every song sounds professional and flawless.

I heard another two albums are coming. I eagerly await them but I'm not expecting them to be released anytime soon.

I heard that Axl only released this because of the 9 song demo leak. I'm surprised he actually released this because I also heard he;d only release it when China became a democracy!

Ah well. Stupid internet rumours.

Picked this up last night...It's pretty F*ckin Good. No It's NOT GNR it's an

Axl Solo release...But there are some great songs on here and Blows any

Velvet Revolver release away...

I actually think Velvet Revolver's debut is better than Chinese Democracy.

It has more in your face rock songs, which is something I wish the new GNR had.

While I'll always like Axl's voice more than Scott's I think VR's "Contraband" has more great songs.

Besides "Slither" is better than any song on Chinese Democracy. But that's just my two cents.

Two more albums already recorded (leftovers?)? Wow... but as if the same thing's just not going to happen again. The longer he sits on the songs he'll just look at them and think, 'Oh, maybe I'll just change this before I release it. Oh... and maybe this too..." and before you know it's another decade later and there still hasn't been a release.

• My Little Pony
I heard another two albums are coming. I eagerly await them but I'm not expecting them to be released anytime soon.

I feel sorry for you guys. I don't think any album can be worth the wait if it takes this long. Yeah, the general consensus is that this is a good album, but for how long? How long will it be 'til another album is dropped that blows this away? I'm not saying I'm not gonna listen to this, but I might just wait a decade before I get around to it.

I feel sorry for you guys. I don't think any album can be worth the wait if it takes this long. Yeah, the general consensus is that this is a good album, but for how long? How long will it be 'til another album is dropped that blows this away? I'm not saying I'm not gonna listen to this, but I might just wait a decade before I get around to it.

There was probably an album dropped on the same day that blows it away. I haven't heard this and I haven't heard that album (I don't think) but from the bits I've heard of this one, I don't think it'll be hard for a good band to blow it away. A couple of hundred bands already have this year...

I really listened to this album at max volume today for the first time and read the lyrics and I have to admit that it seems to get better with every listen.

It is a GREAT album for sure. It might even end up in my top five for the year ;)

I really listened to this album at max volume today for the first time and read the lyrics and I have to admit that it seems to get better with every listen.

It is a GREAT album for sure. It might even end up in my top five for the year ;)

It makes my head hurt to even think about trying to consolidate my fav releases this year down to 5.

It's f#@king impossible. I bought to many cds this year and for the most part I love all of them.

I know for sure that the Whitesnake will still be #1 and the Rockarma is very high on that list as well, along with Avantasia and the new Tesla.

I know for sure that the Whitesnake will still be #1

Great album.

I still like it but it is an Axl Rose solo project not a real GNR album.

If that's the case then Whitesnake's has been Coverdale's solo band since 1983... :whistle:

This had been my argument with everyone who says to me its not a GNR album.

The same could be said of Megadeth.

I agree 100%.

When I first played it, a handful of tracks stood out as great, but some tracks left me feeling kinda "meh" but with each listen, pretty much every track is starting to sound damn good.

Its still not an album 15 years in the making, but too many people are hating on it purely based on the madness of Axl and the fact its not the original line up, rather than actually listening to it.

I've actually had people tell me its shit, even though they have never heard it!