Guns N'Roses

Guest Shogun

After listening to this many times now I can say my oponion is much better than the first spin. The only ones across the net complaining are those people that have been tormented for years living every second of there life waiting and waiting until it drove them into madness. Now they are just plum crazy from the wait and dont know what to do now that it is released. I had a few moments like that over the years waiting for this release. No one is ever going to be completely happy until these guys get back together as the true Guns N roses. Maybe Ford Motor company should call Axl up and offer free trucks to everyone if they get back together. Dr. Pepper sure twisted his knobs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bad Axl hasn't done any promo for this at all.

Although I read where the new video for Better was coming out and the promo would start.

But as of now only 318,000 copies have been sold by Best Buy but they bought 1.3 million.

It was huuuuuge mistake going through Best Buy and instead should of released this to everyone and promoted the fuck out it. I wonder since Best Buy only bought 1.3 Million if GNR can then take the album to somewhere else.

Although I read where the new video for Better was coming out and the promo would start.

But as of now only 318,000 copies have been sold by Best Buy but they bought 1.3 million.

It was huuuuuge mistake going through Best Buy and instead should of released this to everyone and promoted the fuck out it. I wonder since Best Buy only bought 1.3 Million if GNR can then take the album to somewhere else.

1.3 million at $10 each, $13 million.....exacty what it cost to make the album...

coincidence? 1.3 mil is abit of an odd number :unsure:

yes i think wayyy too much when im sober

1.3 million at $10 each, $13 million.....exacty what it cost to make the album...

Yes but Axl isn't getting anything close to $10/cd, more like a $1.50 if he's lucky.

Not sure how much the label gets out of the that but I'm sure it's not enough to cover the costs of recording it.

I also wonder if the costs of studio time was all on Geffen or did some of that fall on Axl.

I do sure hope for his sake he wakes up and starts promoting this thing very soon but the last I read he said they don't even had a tour planned. WTF? :blink:

Yes but Axl isn't getting anything close to $10/cd, more like a $1.50 if he's lucky.

Not sure how much the label gets out of the that but I'm sure it's not enough to cover the costs of recording it.

I also wonder if the costs of studio time was all on Geffen or did some of that fall on Axl.

I do sure hope for his sake he wakes up and starts promoting this thing very soon but the last I read he said they don't even had a tour planned. WTF? :blink:

This album should be treated no different than any other album released. I want to see what it sells after it's been out a year or two like any other band. Let people hear the music, make some vids, promo it & tour off the record. Why are so many people freaking out about 300,000 plus in two weeks in a day & age of downloading music?

If Best Buy were hoping to rival Wal-Mart's marketing of the new AC/DC then they've failed miserably... though some of the blame must be put on Axl... I mean, where were the pre-release interviews? Where's a video? Where are the late-night TV appearances? Where's the tour?? So far the only "promo" Axl has done for the record has been a "Q&A" with fans on the GNR web site. Does he even give a shit that this thing is out?? :unsure:

If Best Buy were hoping to rival Wal-Mart's marketing of the new AC/DC then they've failed miserably... though some of the blame must be put on Axl... I mean, where were the pre-release interviews? Where's a video? Where are the late-night TV appearances? Where's the tour?? So far the only "promo" Axl has done for the record has been a "Q&A" with fans on the GNR web site. Does he even give a shit that this thing is out?? :unsure:

Maybe he doesn't know. Like those Japanese soldiers hiding out in caves for years not knowing WWII was over... ;)

Maybe he doesn't know. Like those Japanese soldiers hiding out in caves for years not knowing WWII was over... ;)

What did they eat all those years.....wait I don't wanna know... :puke:

Wasn't there a "Gilligan's Island" episode where they found one of those guys hiding in a tree? :lol:

Wasn't there a "Gilligan's Island" episode where they found one of those guys hiding in a tree? :lol:

Yeah There was... :rofl2:

Yeah the label are furious with him as he went AWOL when it was released. Just shows you where the power is really, I mean any other band taking this long or spending this much money on an album would've been dropped straight away... As much as I like the album, I still think he is a complete waste of oxygen.

well he's been promoting it for 15 years by delaying it so long...

probably figures it doesnt need anymore promotion, its CHINESE DEMOCRACY, who doesnt know the story behind this album??

Well, yea, among the rocker crowd the CHINESE DEMOCRACY saga is the stuff of legend at this point, but let's face it, much of the general populace (who haven't been following the daily doings of Axl on Blabbermouth for the past umpteen years) have pretty much forgotten all about GNR... If they walk into a Best Buy and see the new album they're probably gonna go "They're still together? Well, daaaaaang... hey, when did Slash start wearin' a KFC bucket on his head?"

Not to mention that the most net-savvy folks who get all their music updates off the web weren't even born when APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION came out and therefore most of'em (excluding you of course, SR86) couldn't really give a sh*t about'em.

probably figures it doesnt need anymore promotion, its CHINESE DEMOCRACY, who doesnt know the story behind this album??

Well, yea, among the rocker crowd the CHINESE DEMOCRACY saga is the stuff of legend at this point, but let's face it, much of the general populace (who haven't been following the daily doings of Axl on Blabbermouth for the past umpteen years) have pretty much forgotten all about GNR... If they walk into a Best Buy and see the new album they're probably gonna go "They're still together? Well, daaaaaang... hey, when did Slash start wearin' a KFC bucket on his head?"

Not to mention that the most net-savvy folks who get all their music updates off the web weren't even born when APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION came out and therefore most of'em (excluding you of course, SR86) couldn't really give a sh*t about'em.

hmm, true enough.....my big bro whos 34 didnt even know that it was released, and a friend of mine went and bought it the weekend it was released, they didnt have any copies upfront, they were all in the back of the store.....and there was a huge cardboard cutout of James Hetfield for Death Magnetic, but nothing, not even a poster, to promote Chinese Democracy

we'll see what happens when the video for Better is released, im curious to see what a new Guns video will look like...

:lol:

And very true.

Actually ya gotta tip your hat to Axl for waiting 15 years to put one album out,unlike Metallica who have put out a buncha crap albums for several years now.

Good point.

Personally I don't understand people who hate this album. The whole album is full of great songs and is very well produced.

Actually ya gotta tip your hat to Axl for waiting 15 years to put one album out,unlike Metallica who have put out a buncha crap albums for several years now.

Good point.

Personally I don't understand people who hate this album. The whole album is full of great songs and is very well produced.

It's usually a case of some people expecting it to blow them away on the first note based on how long it took to release it. Most people who don't like it haven't even listened to it closely...I pity them...:)

• 2023 Gold Donors

Good point.

It's usually a case of some people expecting it to blow them away on the first note based on how long it took to release it. Most people who don't like it haven't even listened to it closely...I pity them...:)

Ive only heard one tune and i can't remember what it was called...im gonna grab a copy this weekend give it some fair play and then weigh in.I wanna like the thing,but who knows well see i guess.

Good point.

Backed...I think some people want to hate it just for the sake of hating it..