Guns N'Roses

Guest Shogun

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly appears to be.

Whether or not anyone will care has yet to be determined, however.

Is Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" album coming out on November 23? Yes or no?

Doubt it. You have to question Axl's level of creativity too, as surely there comes a point when an albums been sitting on the shelf for so long that the artist has moved-on and just wants to get back in the studio and record something more current....

Is Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" album coming out on November 23? Yes or no?

Doubt it. You have to question Axl's level of creativity too, as surely there comes a point when an albums been sitting on the shelf for so long that the artist has moved-on and just wants to get back in the studio and record something more current....

If it doesn't come out, I daresay that all the folks who are pre-ordering the CD from Best Buy here in the States are gonna be pretty pissed off.

I believe it's more accurate to call it Axel Rose's solo album.

Is this a poll? I vote YES!

I think it's a done deal, at this point not even Axl could stop it. If it doesn't, I would expect many parties to be crippled by lawsuits. JMO

Don't forget to get your free Dr Pepper at www.drpepper.com that day!

I put my vote on that.....

nah sorry i just couldnt bring myself to care..

third time youve used that joke referring to this album.....not starting to get abit old?

and i say yeah, looks to me like its coming out next month!

third time youve used that joke referring to this album.....not starting to get abit old?

do you need a tissue ?

do you need a tissue ?

nah thanks, got plenty here aready ;)

personally, i think its a great abum if you listen to usic "outside of the box"

its just not what you would expect...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jason Markham

If it doesn't come out, I daresay that all the folks who are pre-ordering the CD from Best Buy here in the States are gonna be pretty pissed off.

Hell the people are already pissed off because it took fifteen years for it to be made! So if it sucks or delayed, people are going to be more and more pissed.

Guest Jason Markham

I think it's a done deal, at this point not even Axl could stop it. If it doesn't, I would expect many parties to be crippled by lawsuits. JMO

Honestly, I don't know if its going to be released. I looked at this past sundays bestbuy flier, and it wasn't in there, so don't get your hopes up.

Honestly, I don't know if its going to be released. I looked at this past sundays bestbuy flier, and it wasn't in there, so don't get your hopes up.

It gets released November 23rd, you can pre-order it right now for $11.99 w/shipping. :tumbsup:

Also if you do pre-order you get an email on how to LEGALLY download the single for the title track. :headbanger:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...&id=1925065

It gets released November 23rd, you can pre-order it right now for $11.99 w/shipping. :tumbsup:

Also if you do pre-order you get an email on how to LEGALLY download the single for the title track. :headbanger:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...&id=1925065

I just pre-ordered this yesterday and already got an email today saying it's been shipped even though it don't get released until Sunday. :tumbsup:

This piece of trash is on my DO NOT BUY list along with Metallica.

The Metallica is actually quite good when compared to their last few albums.

If you like classic Thrash then you should like it.

As for the GNR, you can check out my first spin review in the first spin impression thread.

Basically if you're looking for Appetite then look elsewhere if you have something of an open mind and don't mind a band bringing in some newer influences then it can be a rewarding listen. I'm not saying it's great but I don't think it's as bad as has been advertised.

As for the GNR, you can check out my first spin review in the first spin impression thread.

Basically if you're looking for Appetite then look elsewhere if you have something of an open mind and don't mind a band bringing in some newer influences then it can be a rewarding listen. I'm not saying it's great but I don't think it's as bad as has been advertised.

Thanks for the heads up Wes, but I can't have my heart broken again by these bands.

Thanks for the heads up Wes, but I can't have my heart broken again by these bands.

I understand. :drink:

Okay, so I'm listening to the AUTHENTIC version right....I am going to say this and everyone can hate on it when they hear it, but this cd is so much better than what I was expecting. A lot of the songs could have been on Illusions....I am going to say that if you liked the Illusions albums, you will like this. There is some modern stuff on here but it stays closer to Illusions. Same over the top production as Illusions and all.

I hope everyone gives it a chance because it's very good.

Okay, so I'm listening to the AUTHENTIC version right....I am going to say this and everyone can hate on it when they hear it, but this cd is so much better than what I was expecting. A lot of the songs could have been on Illusions....I am going to say that if you liked the Illusions albums, you will like this. There is some modern stuff on here but it stays closer to Illusions. Same over the top production as Illusions and all.

I posted my thoughts in the first spin impressions thread but I agree with the above statement to a point.

One song sounds very similar to "November Rain" another is close to "Breakdown" while another has that same kind of funky sound of "Pretty Tied Up". And I'll say it again if your looking for Appetite then look elsewhere.

I posted my thoughts in the first spin impressions thread but I agree with the above statement to a point.

One song sounds very similar to "November Rain" another is close to "Breakdown" while another has that same kind of funky sound of "Pretty Tied Up". And I'll say it again if your looking for Appetite then look elsewhere.

Anyone who was expecting Appetite hasn't followed the band since 1987 :) That's not going to happen again...a very special place in time. This is a great follow up cd to the Illusion records though.

I have this sitting in my car ready to go, along with the new Edguy CD. I will probably spin them on the weekend if I drive the three and a half hours up the coast to see my brother, but at the moment I am just not excited enough to spin either yet. :lol: Still trying to sort out what to put on my Ipod from the other discs this year.

I will say, though, that I could find an EP's worth of good songs on the two 'Use Your Illusion' discs and not much more... so not sure what I'll think of this one.