Who is your favorite guitarist?

Joey Allen from Warrant. ALWAYS comes out with great solos. Always

I thought Mike Slamer actually played most of them. :unsure:

CC Deville of Poison played the solo one of the band's biggest hits and most common known track " Cherry Pie". When CC Deville has to fill in, you can't be that great of a guitar player. I love most of what Warrant did, but as far as the guitar work goes I'm not so sure I'd rave about it.

Ace Frehley is my fav player. I know he's not the greatest technical player but he was the first guy to make me go :bowdown: .

Other favs:

Dave Meniketti

Doug Aldrich

John Sykes

Dave Mustaine

Adrian Smith/Dave Murray

George Lynch

Jake E Lee

Bruce Kulick

Warren Demartini

Mark Reale(Riot/Westworld)

Yngwie Malmsteen

Andy Timmons

Chris Degarmo/Michael Wilton

Ritchie Blackmore

Reb Beech

Mark Kendall

Jamie Scott/Danny West(Vain)

Chris Broderick(Jag Panzer/Megadeth)

Kirk Hammett

Marty Friedman

Adrian Vandenberg

Kai Hansen(Gamma Ray/Helloween)

Vitto Bratta

Tony Iommi

John Norum

Jim Matheos(Fates Warning)

There's probably about 300 more that I've forgotten about.

CC Deville of Poison played the solo one of the band's biggest hits and most common known track " Cherry Pie". When CC Deville has to fill in, you can't be that great of a guitar player. I love most of what Warrant did, but as far as the guitar work goes I'm not so sure rave about it.

Have you heard 'Dog Eat Dog'? I think 'Quicksand' was one of the most amazing of a bunch of killer solos on that one.

I also heard Slamer played the solos on the debut and all that, but as far as I know 'Dog Eat Dog' was all Joey Allen and it was all amazing... imo. I think I put his name in this thread too.

CC Deville of Poison played the solo one of the band's biggest hits and most common known track " Cherry Pie". When CC Deville has to fill in, you can't be that great of a guitar player. I love most of what Warrant did, but as far as the guitar work goes I'm not so sure rave about it.

Have you heard 'Dog Eat Dog'? I think 'Quicksand' was one of the most amazing of a bunch of killer solos on that one.

I also heard Slamer played the solos on the debut and all that, but as far as I know 'Dog Eat Dog' was all Joey Allen and it was all amazing... imo. I think I put his name in this thread too.

I'm pretty sure Joey played on all of Cherry Pie except the title track. I do know that they had people "Ghosting" for them on the debut and from what I've heard Jani's voice was the only thing the label allowed on there. And I agree with Dog Eat Dog and Quicksand. :tumbsup:

Ace Frehley is my fav player. I know he's not the greatest technical player but he was the first guy to make me go :bowdown: .

Other favs:

Dave Meniketti

Doug Aldrich

John Sykes

Dave Mustaine

Adrian Smith/Dave Murray

George Lynch

Jake E Lee

Bruce Kulick

Warren Demartini

Yngwie Malmsteen

Andy Timmons

Ritchie Blackmore

Reb Beech

Mark Kendall

Kirk Hammett

Marty Friedman

Adrian Vandenberg

Vitto Bratta

Tony Iommi

John Norum

Hopefully once you`ve played the UFO stuff, Michael Schenker will be heading up your list :bowdown:

In no particular order as of yet: Randy Rhoads, Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Weikath (Helloween), Glenn Tipton, K.K. Downing, Richie Sambora, John Norum.

Other favs:

Dave Meniketti

Doug Aldrich

John Sykes

Dave Mustaine

Adrian Smith/Dave Murray

George Lynch

Jake E Lee

Bruce Kulick

Warren Demartini

Yngwie Malmsteen

Andy Timmons

Ritchie Blackmore

Reb Beech

Mark Kendall

Kirk Hammett

Marty Friedman

Adrian Vandenberg

Vitto Bratta

Tony Iommi

John Norum

Hopefully once you`ve played the UFO stuff, Michael Schenker will be heading up your list :bowdown:

He was in the 300 or more that I'd forgotten. :lol:

I'm pretty sure Joey played on all of Cherry Pie except the title track. I do know that they had people "Ghosting" for them on the debut and from what I've heard Jani's voice was the only thing the label allowed on there. And I agree with Dog Eat Dog and Quicksand. :tumbsup:

Yeah, I believe the same about 'Cherry Pie' too. 'Mr Rainmaker' is actually another one of my all-time favourite solos.

Only one person so far has mentioned the Brilliant Ian Crichton of Saga, who must be one of THE most underated players in the history of rock music. Absolutely awesome player.

Other favs:

Dave Meniketti

Doug Aldrich

John Sykes

Dave Mustaine

Adrian Smith/Dave Murray

George Lynch

Jake E Lee

Bruce Kulick

Warren Demartini

Yngwie Malmsteen

Andy Timmons

Ritchie Blackmore

Reb Beech

Mark Kendall

Kirk Hammett

Marty Friedman

Adrian Vandenberg

Vitto Bratta

Tony Iommi

John Norum

Nothing wrong with this list at all. But, yeah, Schenker is a bad ass. :beerbang:

Other favs:

Dave Meniketti

Doug Aldrich

John Sykes

Dave Mustaine

Adrian Smith/Dave Murray

George Lynch

Jake E Lee

Bruce Kulick

Warren Demartini

Yngwie Malmsteen

Andy Timmons

Ritchie Blackmore

Reb Beech

Mark Kendall

Kirk Hammett

Marty Friedman

Adrian Vandenberg

Vitto Bratta

Tony Iommi

John Norum

Nothing wrong with this list at all. But, yeah, Schenker is a bad ass. :beerbang:

:drink:

CC Deville of Poison played the solo one of the band's biggest hits and most common known track " Cherry Pie". When CC Deville has to fill in, you can't be that great of a guitar player. I love most of what Warrant did, but as far as the guitar work goes I'm not so sure I'd rave about it.

I actually heard that CC Deville did that solo as a guest not because Joey couldn't do it. CC is actually one of Joey's friends - at least at that time. I don't believe that bullshit about someone filling in for both Erik and Joey, they seem to perform live extremely well and with no difficulty and there's footage on youtube of them performing in 1987 well before their first album was out.

Joey's the best for me and always will be.

I actually like joey because his solos sound good. If I wanted technical ability I'd go with Michael Angelo Batio or Vinnie Moore. I don't think anyone can top them for technique.

I prefer melodic solos that fit the songs and Joey always delivers.

On the first release Mike did play most of them..he also helped

Joey and Erik construct them to...Joey is really good, Erik is okay..

Joey is really good and Erik is a solid Rythm player, nothing more.

Solid rhythm players are probably harder to find... :(

That's a very good point but you don't have to worry about that since you can play both lead and rythm. :tumbsup:

That's a very good point but you don't have to worry about that since you can play both lead and rythm. :tumbsup:

True for recording, but live it's nice sometimes to have a solid backing rhythm. Obviously I'm so phenomenally talented that's not really an issue... :anon: