Lynch Mob & Faster Pussycat Oz Tour 08

melodicrockoz

So Lindsay and Andre, you two still going tomorrow night?

Justin, you going on Friday?

Hey Matt, you homo, let me know if you suddenly decide to go. I'm going with a mate but he's bringing a couple of posers along so if you did decide to go I could meet a poser there too. Though I can't imagine this being your scene... though, you surely love Lynch Mob, don't you?

Listened to each band's prime time discography today, and I'm freakin' excited! Thursday night is party night.

the shows tonite me thinks... I'll be there like a red dawn :beerbang:

should be a great gig all round :beerbang:

Are you and Lindsay going to party together?

So Lindsay and Andre, you two still going tomorrow night?

Justin, you going on Friday?

Hey Matt, you homo, let me know if you suddenly decide to go. I'm going with a mate but he's bringing a couple of posers along so if you did decide to go I could meet a poser there too. Though I can't imagine this being your scene... though, you surely love Lynch Mob, don't you?

Listened to each band's prime time discography today, and I'm freakin' excited! Thursday night is party night.

the shows tonite me thinks... I'll be there like a red dawn :beerbang:

should be a great gig all round :beerbang:

Are you and Lindsay going to party together?

as far as i know lindsays going to the after party...... i'm not.. maybe tommorrow linds can come out the bbq.

Deadthings were superb. (apart from tech issues)

Faster Pussycat were pretty good. I loved it cos they played heaps of my favourite songs. I have a feeling that others will think they are shit tho, so don't expect too much Geoff. The guy on bass was apparently in the Throbs (of theives and vagabonds fame). All the FPC guys were top guys.

Lynch Mob... not my thing. Thought it was a bit of a guitar wank. Good musically tho.

Top crowd... 500 tix presold I was told.

Deadthings were superb. (apart from tech issues)

Faster Pussycat were pretty good. I loved it cos they played heaps of my favourite songs. I have a feeling that others will think they are shit tho, so don't expect too much Geoff. The guy on bass was apparently in the Throbs (of theives and vagabonds fame). All the FPC guys were top guys.

Lynch Mob... not my thing. Thought it was a bit of a guitar wank. Good musically tho.

Top crowd... 500 tix presold I was told.

Sweet action. I'm just hoping Faster Pussycat play stuff mostly off the first three albums. If they do, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I have no doubt in the world my mate will hate them. And The Deadthings.

I really hope the Lynch Mob stick to the original sound... I hope.

Comments tomorrow.

Sweet action. I'm just hoping Faster Pussycat play stuff mostly off the first three albums. If they do, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I have no doubt in the world my mate will hate them. And The Deadthings.

Comments tomorrow.

Don't Change That Song, Slip of The Tongue, Bathroom Wall, House Of Pain, Babylon, Cathouse... and about 4-5 new tracks.

Sound was very dirty and raw... opposite end of the spectrum to Lynch Mob. Just got a feelin' you won't enjoy them.

Comments tomorrow.

Don't Change That Song, Slip of The Tongue, Bathroom Wall, House Of Pain, Babylon, Cathouse... and about 4-5 new tracks.

Sound was very dirty and raw... opposite end of the spectrum to Lynch Mob. Just got a feelin' you won't enjoy them.

Nothing off 'Whipped'? That'd be disappointing.

I probably will find it rough, but hoping to get a bit of joy out of it. 'House of Pain' and 'Slip of the tongue' is promising news. And I pretty much like anything off the debut. But I guess I'll wait until I see the delivery.

Did you meet Andre?

Comments tomorrow.

I probably will find it rough, but hoping to get a bit of joy out of it. 'House of Pain' and 'Slip of the tongue' is promising news. And I pretty much like anything off the debut. But I guess I'll wait until I see the delivery.

Did you meet Andre?

Not sure if that was the entire set-list... that's just what I can recall.

Yeah, I met Andre at the afterparty. Was pretty :beerbang::banger::drink::dance: by then

Comments tomorrow.

Did you meet Andre?

Yeah, I met Andre at the afterparty. Was pretty

thats how i imagined him too..

Comments tomorrow.

Did you meet Andre?

Yeah, I met Andre at the afterparty. Was pretty :beerbang::banger::drink::dance: by then

good meeting you lindsay :beerbang:

the show was great, met george & @ the after party marco & scott from lynch mob turned up

Okay, my review of the night:

The Deadthings ; awesome set. Played a great set of songs and they all sounded killer. My mate kept saying the guitarist was out of tune and when the other two bands came on afterwards you can see a little of what they still lack, but I still thought they kicked ass. SOOO much better than the CDs.

Faster Pussycat ; Man is Taime a fatty!!! Wow, did not expect that. And he was wearing a dress and looked like a freak, was completely f*cked out of his mind... but credit where it's due, he didn't forget any lyrics and gave a good performance, so let him do what he wants. I actually really enjoyed their set, BUT... they kept saying how quiet the crowd was, and admittedly it was. The reason, I think? 'Cause they played way too much new stuff. I just don't think 95% of the crowd would actually have the new disc. They, and me, wanted to hear their classic material. That said, the new songs all kicked my f*cking ass. Man did they sound amazing. 'House of pain' was a highlight too. Elated to see that chosen, but to be honest, amazed to see not one single song off 'Whipped'. WTF's up with that? Overall, good set but a dodgy track list. I'd have liked to have seen two less new songs and two more classics. Where the hell was 'Poison Ivy'? Wasn't that their biggest hit? Nothing from 'Whipped'???!!!!

Lynch Mob ; holy shit, this was undoubtedly the finest display of musical talent I have witnessed in my entire life. Lynch was f*cking stunning, and Mendoza on bass was amazing too. The drummer was right in there too and it was the tightest most awesome musical outfit I've ever heard. And Oni sounded good too. I could have listened to them all night. My one issue? Track list again. I could not believe it as they played every single song off the debut - wait for it - except my 3 favourite songs!!! I am not kidding. They played 9 of the original 12 songs and the only ones they missed were 'Sweet sister mercy', 'No bed of roses' and 'Through these eyes'. You could have stabbed me with a polar bear. Especially hearing fillers like 'Dance of the Dogs ', 'She's evil but she's mine' and 'Rain'. Admittedly, they all still sounded great ('Street Fightin' Man' tore me to peices) but man I was disappointed to see my favourite 3 skipped. And NOTHING from the second album??? Wow. Also, only 'Into the fire', 'Mr Scary' and 'Tooth and nail' from Dokken. Anyway, that said, it was a really excellent set and despite not hearing my favourite songs (except 'Wicked Sensation') I did love every second of it. The musicianship... zomfg.

Overall surprise of the night - how passionate George Lynch is still about his craft. Man he was so into it it was insane. He appeared to be truly loving every second of it. Taime maybe seemed a bit tired and bored at times, but not George.

Good to hear you had a top night Geoff.

Yeah, Taime is quite a big bloke now days isn't he.

And you're right about the Deadthings, so much better live than on the discs.

I guess I wasn;t into Lynch mob cos of the whole guitar hero thing. It does nothing for me.

Yeah, I don't like the whole guitar toss thing either, but Lynch is one of my all-time faves and there was no way in the world I could not acknowledge what was happening there. It's not just the fast soloing stuff that impresses me... he is still the most freakin' melodic player, which really surprised me. I thought he might be darker and down-tuned, but man, just loved every sound that came from those six strings all night.

Great night Andre!!

I was wasted after the gig, I really wanted to go to the after party but I ended up meeting all the guys from Faster Pussycat and caught up with Julez and Trixie from The Deadthings at the gig.

I had a great night, I looked everywhere for Lindsay but had no luck.

I really thought The Deadthings and Faster Pussyvat stole the show though...

I love the Lynch Mob but was SOOOO disappointed that they didn't play anything from their second album. Just when I thought I was going to hear my favorite song of all-time (When Darkness Calls) live, they didn't play it - :-( Another one of my favorite songs ever is "The Secret" that they didn't play!!

Oh well, I had a great night and when speaking to Faster Pussycat, they seemed to be really enjoying Australia!!

Kind regards

Dave

I love the Lynch Mob but was SOOOO disappointed that they didn't play anything from their second album. Just when I thought I was going to hear my favorite song of all-time (When Darkness Calls) live, they didn't play it - :-( Another one of my favorite songs ever is "The Secret" that they didn't play!!

Backed. I wonder what the deal is there...

Great night Andre!!

I was wasted after the gig, I really wanted to go to the after party but I ended up meeting all the guys from Faster Pussycat and caught up with Julez and Trixie from The Deadthings at the gig.

I had a great night, I looked everywhere for Lindsay but had no luck.

I really thought The Deadthings and Faster Pussyvat stole the show though...

Oh well, I had a great night and when speaking to Faster Pussycat, they seemed to be really enjoying Australia!!

Kind regards

Dave

it'd be good if you came Dave, there must have been several people looking for you, it's incredible just how down to earth the fp & lm guys seem.

hopefully if lm comes next year we'll get to hear those missed hits :)