Lynch Mob & Faster Pussycat Oz Tour 08

melodicrockoz

PERTH - Monday 8th December – Capitol, Perth

Tickets: www.justsayrock.com.au, BOCS tickets, www.moshtix.com.au

MELBOURNE - Wednesday 10 December - The Hi Fi Bar

Tickets: www.justsayrock.com.au, Metal Mayhem: (03) 9621-1666, www.thehifi.com.au

SYDNEY - Thursday 11 December – The Metro Theatre (All Ages)

Tickets: www.justsayrock.com.au, www.themetrotheatre.com.au

BRISBANE - Friday 12 December – The Arena

Tickets: www.justsayrock.com.au, www.oztix.com, The Arena Box Office

What an unexpected tour line up, again adelaide is ignored as expected not that there is anything wrong with that.

Wait until you see Faster Pussycat on stage. The band comes out with hoods over their faces and Taime is dressed like a woman. Very odd.

I think that's how everyone in Australia dresses... well Geoff does anyway.

Wait until you see Faster Pussycat on stage. The band comes out with hoods over their faces and Taime is dressed like a woman. Very odd.

I think that's how everyone in Australia dresses... well Geoff does anyway.

:rofl2::rofl2:

Seriously though Rick I thought that the dresses and veils were for our benefit, do you mean they do that every show? Well I don't feel as special now. :whistle:

Wow this is awesome. There's so many bigger bands of the same type that have never been here so it's strange to see these guys are touring. I've read Lynch Mob is going to play half Dokken tracks and half their own. Should be good fun. I'm in on this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So how the hell did I miss this thread about 3 times over? Oh well, either way I've just put the Syd dates into my calendar and I think a mate and I will be heading out to see them. Definitely some decent amount of coin though. :(

I saw FP about 4 or 5 years ago.

They were bloody awful.

Taime seemed like he was drunk or doped up all through the set, and you could not understand a word he said or sang, as everything was slurred. (the industrial sound didnt help either).

I saw FP about 4 or 5 years ago.

They were bloody awful.

Taime seemed like he was drunk or doped up all through the set, and you could not understand a word he said or sang, as everything was slurred. (the industrial sound didnt help either).

Yeah, I have to admit that as much as I do love Faster Pussycat's albums, without Lynch Mob I wouldn't be going as they're more just a solo project these days anyway...

I think with Lynch Mob, as long as they avoid the awful "Smoke this" era, then they cant go wrong.

While I am not really a Dokken fan per se, I did think the REvolution album was pretty good the way it made some of the classic Dokken and Lynch Mob tunes a lil bit heavier.

Though nowhere near as good as the originals, they didnt ruin them, and it was nice to hear them done in a slightly different style.

Faster Pussycat though, I actually really like, and the first three albums are true staples of 80s glam rock, but their reworked stuff was awful.

I prefer Pussycat, but going on their reworked stuff and the show I saw, I'd much rather watch Lynch Mob too!

• 1 month later...

So Lindsay and Andre, you two still going tomorrow night?

Justin, you going on Friday?

Hey Matt, you homo, let me know if you suddenly decide to go. I'm going with a mate but he's bringing a couple of posers along so if you did decide to go I could meet a poser there too. Though I can't imagine this being your scene... though, you surely love Lynch Mob, don't you?

Listened to each band's prime time discography today, and I'm freakin' excited! Thursday night is party night.

Hey Matt, you homo, let me know if you suddenly decide to go. I'm going with a mate but he's bringing a couple of posers along so if you did decide to go I could meet a poser there too. Though I can't imagine this being your scene... though, you surely love Lynch Mob, don't you?

Listened to each band's prime time discography today, and I'm freakin' excited! Thursday night is party night.

Just packed my bag, confirmed my ride for tomorrow and confirmed my flight.

Looking forward to Deadthings and Fasterpussycat, but don't know much of Lynch Mob.

(BTW, Geoff....did you realise that you were going to get to see the deadthings again?!?!?!)

I've got my ticket for Friday night but unfortunately I managed to fuck up and didn't request the night off work. Going to have to work something out with work, swap a shift (or try to) or worst case find someone to take my ticket.

Looking forward to Deadthings and Fasterpussycat, but don't know much of Lynch Mob.

(BTW, Geoff....did you realise that you were going to get to see the deadthings again?!?!?!)

Wow, are you serious? Are they honestly coming up to Sydney too??? Man did that just give this price new justification. Seriously, had no idea but I will be very pleased with that - THREE bands I love now, for that price. The funny thing is, the posers I'm going with will HATE Deadthings and Faster Pussycat! :lol: Good times. Can't wait.

I can't see any reason you wouldn't dig the Deadthings. Almost like a slightly "more mature" version of prime 'New Jersey' / 'Keep the faith' Bon Jovi. Almost.

I've got my ticket for Friday night but unfortunately I managed to fuck up and didn't request the night off work. Going to have to work something out with work, swap a shift (or try to) or worst case find someone to take my ticket.

Oh man, that's no good. What kind of work do you do? Do you think it could seriously be that big an issue to get the time off? Serve it to 'em mate. Tell them how it's going to be. ;)

Wow, are you serious? Are they honestly coming up to Sydney too??? Man did that just give this price new justification. Seriously, had no idea but I will be very pleased with that - THREE bands I love now, for that price. The funny thing is, the posers I'm going with will HATE Deadthings and Faster Pussycat! :lol: Good times. Can't wait.

I can't see any reason you wouldn't dig the Deadthings. Almost like a slightly "more mature" version of prime 'New Jersey' / 'Keep the faith' Bon Jovi. Almost.

Oh man, that's no good. What kind of work do you do? Do you think it could seriously be that big an issue to get the time off? Serve it to 'em mate. Tell them how it's going to be. ;)

I'm a nurse in an accident/emergency centre, Fridays being a very busy night. I would just take it as sick leave but had to use all my sick leave up recently with a genuine illness. Best I can do is try and get someone to swap a shift...I've asked a couple of people with no luck but I'll keep trying.

Deadthings, or did you mean Lynch Mob

F*ck me dead. Did I type that? Yeah, Lynch Mob, I meant.

I'm a nurse in an accident/emergency centre, Fridays being a very busy night. I would just take it as sick leave but had to use all my sick leave up recently with a genuine illness. Best I can do is try and get someone to swap a shift...I've asked a couple of people with no luck but I'll keep trying.

Good luck mate.

Good luck mate.

btw, just saw this, and no im not going. A catchup would be good sometime though..

the shows tonite me thinks... I'll be there like a red dawn :beerbang:

should be a great gig all round :beerbang: