FarCry update...

Blue Charvel

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI: Preorders receive a CD autographed by the band at this point. That will be the very least they receive, stay tuned. :)

B) ...id like a bottle opener,a headband and a possibly a loan.

Yes, well... did you preorder the standard CD or did you select the FarCry Stimulus Package? ;)

I never thought Chinese Democracy would actually come out before the legendary Farcry release, great to see it finally get released.

Great samples Pete, "Love Won't Wait" is pure ear candy like Danger Danger, great gang vocals, love the build up in the solo and the frantic Reb Beach like shred at the end of it is sweet stuff and "Fine Line" reminds me of Whitesnake. Does the chick on the cover get on the hood of the car and get sexy and stuff? If so I really hear and see the Whitesnake connection. I'd be damn proud of those tracks. When it comes out on NEH I'll surely add it to my collection.

Dude, that chick is my mom... not... that would certainly give me some issues to deal with... ;)

Glad you liked it, and especially that you liked LWW, since I wrote the music for that one. It's a real varied disc, which to me is a good thing. A little something for everyone. :D

And thank you everyone else, we really appreciate the feedback! :drink:

...and just one more little update around personnel unfortunately, but as in most cases it's a good news/bad news kinda thing... here's a blog from the MySpace page, but with a little additional info we haven't announced anywhere else yet because we wanted to make sure it was a done deal...

Hello Everyone,

Well as we promised MORE news. We are all excited about the album finally being done and set for release. On behalf of everyone in the band, management and the label, thank you for being patient with us!

Now we have some bittersweet news. Due to the long wait on the album and schedule issues etc., we are sorry to say that Chris Ryan will not be able to stay on with the band. This is not a setback, and we wish Chris all the best!! All things happen for a reason and we are not missing a beat. Please welcome NJ native, Tommy John (Rockarma/Slippery When Wet). We have also decided in order to deliver the full sound of the album we'll be adding a rhythm guitarist to the lineup. So please welcome to Farcry Angelo Mazza!!

Now onto the news we have been waiting for!! FARCRY will be playing this years SOUTH DAKOTA ROCK FEST!! With Enuff Z Nuff, LA Guns, White Lion, Dokken, Skid Row and Bret Michaels!!!! Along with fellow Kivel acts, Bombay Black and Tango Down. for more info go to http://www.dakotarockfest.com/Home_Page.php

Keep an eye back here for more news and a upcoming blog from FARCRY guitarist Pete Fry

Thank You,

FARCRY

So that was the original blog from the 'space page, but what we hadn't confirmed yet when that was announced is that sadly John Leonardis has decided to move on due to a variety of reasons, none of which we'll go into here, but suffice it to say he's still a great friend and he will be missed. So what are we going to do about a bass player you ask? Well how about Ronnie Parkes, formerly the guitarist (long since switched to bass) for Cleavage, yes you read that right! Most famous for "The Demo" a much sought after indie you can read all about right here.

I hope you're all as excited as I am, and if I'm not mistaken I should be seeing a bunch of you at DRF 2009, Friday night! Let's rock!!! :beerbang:

Hate to see Chris go but Tommy rules.

Can't wait to drink beers with that guy he's awesome!

So will there be another video this year with Tommy saying something funny at the beginning like he did in the Rockarma vid last year?

Hate to see Chris go but Tommy rules.

Can't wait to drink beers with that guy he's awesome!

So will there be another video this year with Tommy saying something funny at the beginning like he did in the Rockarma vid last year?

Anything is possible, we've actually been talking about videos...

Well, I guess it's time I climb out from under my rock and see what's going on around...hey...wait a minute...

PETE'S GOT A NEW BAND?

WITH A FULL CD COMING OUT?

WHY WAS I NOT PERSONALLY ALERTED? :o

This will not do!

I of course will need to purchase my copy as soon as humanly possible! PM to Pete. Make it so, Number One. :P

Hey Pete,

Can you tell us more about the upcoming Jace Pawlak Solo album??

Is he signed with Kivel?? I hope so!!

Kind regards

Dave

Hey Dave

To answer your question..... YES!!

Jace is a super talent and equally a super guy. He has a few penned songs on the FARCRY, as well as two on the GOODBYE THRILL cd, and even a cowrite on the upcoming TANGO DOWN. Which we go into the studio tomorrow morning to start recording. So it became obvious after hearing all his work demos that he should do a album for us. So in a nut shell without overshadowing the main purpose of this thread (FARCRY!) Jace along with his brother have put together a top shelf melodic gem. It is in the can and once i can free the studio up of the backlog of upcoming Kivel titles coming out, mixing will comence. Look for the Jace cd to be out sometime in the spring, along with upcoming releases from SEVEN DAYZ, GOODBYE THRILL, TANGO DOWN, TALON, BOMBAY BLACK and a few more surprises!! We are taking no prisoners this year as you can see! :-)

We have about 10 - 12 releases. All set for the 2009 year. Not bad for our modest lil label ;-) LOL.

As for the depature of Farcry's rythm section on the eve of the albums release is unfortunate, and a bit surprising i know. However , something that could not be avoided. (Everyone are still friends) Simply put, the delay of the album and now all of a sudden the band having all these comitments out of nowhere. It was obvious that John and Chris would not be able to throw themselves back in the saddle. Which we understand. Both band and label wish them the absolute best. With that said, we couldnt be any happier with the new additons to the band. We are 100% positive that the band will not dissapoint in SD. As for the video question....yes we have plans to shoot several videos for this album. One of which will utilize footage from SD. So get up front if you want to be in it ! ;-)

Thank you!

John

KIVEL RECORDS

Hey Pete,

Can you tell us more about the upcoming Jace Pawlak Solo album??

Is he signed with Kivel?? I hope so!!

Kind regards

Dave

Hey Dave

To answer your question..... YES!!

Jace is a super talent and equally a super guy. He has a few penned songs on the FARCRY, as well as two on the GOODBYE THRILL cd, and even a cowrite on the upcoming TANGO DOWN. Which we go into the studio tomorrow morning to start recording. So it became obvious after hearing all his work demos that he should do a album for us. So in a nut shell without overshadowing the main purpose of this thread (FARCRY!) Jace along with his brother have put together a top shelf melodic gem. It is in the can and once i can free the studio up of the backlog of upcoming Kivel titles coming out, mixing will comence. Look for the Jace cd to be out sometime in the spring, along with upcoming releases from SEVEN DAYZ, GOODBYE THRILL, TANGO DOWN, TALON, BOMBAY BLACK and a few more surprises!! We are taking no prisoners this year as you can see! :-)

We have about 10 - 12 releases. All set for the 2009 year. Not bad for our modest lil label ;-) LOL.

As for the depature of Farcry's rythm section on the eve of the albums release is unfortunate, and a bit surprising i know. However , something that could not be avoided. (Everyone are still friends) Simply put, the delay of the album and now all of a sudden the band having all these comitments out of nowhere. It was obvious that John and Chris would not be able to throw themselves back in the saddle. Which we understand. Both band and label wish them the absolute best. With that said, we couldnt be any happier with the new additons to the band. We are 100% positive that the band will not dissapoint in SD. As for the video question....yes we have plans to shoot several videos for this album. One of which will utilize footage from SD. So get up front if you want to be in it ! ;-)

Thank you!

John

KIVEL RECORDS

Lookin' forward to seeing you again at this years DRF John! Rockarma and Bombay Black tore it up last year! All great guys! You were more than cordial to our"crew" and we had a great time! As I am sure we will this Summer! It is so cool that you are signing these awesome bands and keeping "our" music alive. Thanks John! See you a DRF! ~C

Oh and btw, we've added a THIRD song to the MySpace page, and those of you familiar with my Shotgun Alli demo will no doubt recognise "Heaven"... so go check it out, I'm dying to hear what you think! :beerbang:

For the record, it took me quite a few spins to get Faron Fox's voice out of my head after hearing his version since the early 90's. Once I did however I was able to appreciate Mark's amazing vocals and a killer updated production from Ty Sims.

FarCry MySpace Page

Wow! Heaven is a such a fantastic track, I'm very happy it made it's way onto the album!

Anyone else having problems getting the track to play all the way through on the myspace page? It cuts off about halfway through the tune.

What do the other members of Shotgun Ali say about the remake Pete? Curious minds want to know.....

As a fan, I think its great that it made it onto High Gear! Did I mention that I cannot wait to get my copy? :banger:

Anyone else having problems getting the track to play all the way through on the myspace page? It cuts off about halfway through the tune.

Played fine for me Rick. Maybe your new baby has a remote and he's gearing you up for what's to come.....no tunes for you!!! :lol:

Heaven is an excellent tune! This CD is shaping up to be something special. :)

I think I like this version of "Heaven" more than the original.

Both versions have the advantage of a great guitar player! :bowdown:

Have always loved 'Heaven' Pete as you know, and you have certainly done it justice going by this version. Really cool mate :tumbsup:

songs sound fantastic Pete, amazing stuff, I am excited and can not wait for the release, if u need a bassist for NJ gigs, let me know!!!! hahahaha

Wow the new version of Heaven is way cool Pete. Another album to my list...except this one'll be immediately ordered come payday ... while others languish in purgatory (and that includes Balance ..sob!!) Rock On Budski!