FarCry update...

Blue Charvel

I saw where you mentioned that on FarCry's fan page at facebook, I can't wait. :beerbang:

So is that John up there with the gun telling you guys to get to work? :lol:

If he isn't he better be, otherwise this might be what the band looks like when FarCry finally gets released... ;)

320665_f520.jpg

Is that Pete with the cycle helmet on? :rofl2:

No - Pete's the one with the Pink Plant pot on his bonce. ;)

Guilty as charged. I thought the hat would be enough of a disguise... :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the cover for the follow up FarCry release :whistle:

farcry2engine.jpg

Here's a pic from the recording sessions at the mobile studio.

51G6mC1LWJL._SS400_.jpg

Things got a little out of hand towards the end there... :blink:

In more serious news, Kivel's at FireFest, back tonight or tomorrow, and on his agenda for this week is to get a new song (maybe 2? :unsure: ) up on MR.com... stay tuned...

I saw where you mentioned that on FarCry's fan page at facebook, I can't wait. :beerbang:

So when is that song being put up on Melodicrock.com and when is this cd coming out? :)

i pre-ordered thsi thing 8 months ago dude!!

it better be the best damn delayed album ever! i hear that Chinese Democracy is shaping up to sound quite good...

Chinese Democracy is ACTUALLY coming out before the Farcry album :unsure:

i was only joking before...

farcry2engine.jpg

Here's a pic from the recording sessions at the mobile studio.

51G6mC1LWJL._SS400_.jpg

Things got a little out of hand towards the end there... :blink:

In more serious news, Kivel's at FireFest, back tonight or tomorrow, and on his agenda for this week is to get a new song (maybe 2? :unsure: ) up on MR.com... stay tuned...

So when is that song being put up on Melodicrock.com and when is this cd coming out? :)

I spoke to John about it and based on the events thus far, he's decided not to put ANYTHING out there until the CD is COMPLETELY finished. I can't say I blame him as we announced the release last year complete with cover art and then everything went right in the shitter. I'm listening to a brand new rough mix right this very second and I still think it will be worth the wait. There are just a few tweaks/additions that need to happen with a song or two but we're definitely on the home stretch. I'll put it this way, it's about 95% done and there's no way Kivel's NOT going to release it or anything like that, he'd lose too much $ and it's just too damn good... and yes I am biased so when it does come out we'll see what everyone thinks, but I am officially stoked. :beerbang:

I spoke to John about it and based on the events thus far, he's decided not to put ANYTHING out there until the CD is COMPLETELY finished. I can't say I blame him as we announced the release last year complete with cover art and then everything went right in the shitter. I'm listening to a brand new rough mix right this very second and I still think it will be worth the wait. There are just a few tweaks/additions that need to happen with a song or two but we're definitely on the home stretch. I'll put it this way, it's about 95% done and there's no way Kivel's NOT going to release it or anything like that, he'd lose too much $ and it's just too damn good... and yes I am biased so when it does come out we'll see what everyone thinks, but I am officially stoked. :beerbang:

Well when it does come out I will be one of the first to jump into my Rascal and head down to the hearing aid store to upgrade my batteries, pop my dentures out so I don't bite my tongue while headbanging and put on a fresh new Depends so I don't soil myself after hearing the cd for the first time.

{You have got to be so tired of these delay jokes Pete. Last one from me, I promise!}

Well when it does come out I will be one of the first to jump into my Rascal and head down to the hearing aid store to upgrade my batteries, pop my dentures out so I don't bite my tongue while headbanging and put on a fresh new Depends so I don't soil myself after hearing the cd for the first time.

{You have got to be so tired of these delay jokes Pete. Last one from me, I promise!}

Not at all, we're actually on the same page. This was the band I signed onto Kivel Records for in the first place, so it's killing me that it's coming out a year after Rockarma did. A lot more creative involvement for me on this one and I can't wait to hear what people think... as long as it's good... kidding, it's all good even the bad feedback can tell you something. :guitbannana:

Not at all, we're actually on the same page. This was the band I signed onto Kivel Records for in the first place, so it's killing me that it's coming out a year after Rockarma did. A lot more creative involvement for me on this one and I can't wait to hear what people think... as long as it's good... kidding, it's all good even the bad feedback can tell you something. :guitbannana:

Well if Rockarma is any indicator of the quality of music you put out then Farcry is going to rock my world! :banger:

I'm listening to a brand new rough mix right this very second and I still think it will be worth the wait. There are just a few tweaks/additions that need to happen with a song or two but we're definitely on the home stretch. I'll put it this way, it's about 95% done and there's no way Kivel's NOT going to release it or anything like that, he'd lose too much $ and it's just too damn good...

thats just what Axl has said for the last 10 years :P

I'm listening to a brand new rough mix right this very second and I still think it will be worth the wait. There are just a few tweaks/additions that need to happen with a song or two but we're definitely on the home stretch. I'll put it this way, it's about 95% done and there's no way Kivel's NOT going to release it or anything like that, he'd lose too much $ and it's just too damn good...

:lol:

Not to go off topic here but I pre-ordered the GNR yesterday and got an email today saying it's been shipped.

That suprised me that they'd ship it prior to the release date. :tumbsup:

Not to go off topic here but I pre-ordered the GNR yesterday and got an email today saying it's been shipped.

Mine too, according to the email I received it shipped yesterday.

In other news... we're delayed again, details to follow... <_<

Minor delay this time, but still a delay nonetheless. :(

Hate to hear that about the farcry. :doh:

Again on an unrelelated note by GNR cd showed up yesterday. :beerbang:

You and me both man, still think it will be well worth the wait though. Speaking of that, how do you like the G'n'R? I like what I've heard quite a bit actually. :)

You and me both man, still think it will be well worth the wait though. Speaking of that, how do you like the G'n'R? I like what I've heard quite a bit actually. :)

I've posted my thoughts in the first spin thread last week since I had heard an advance copy.

It's an Axl Rose side project but there are some great songs but if one is looking for Appetite or even Illusions then he or she should look elsewhere. If your open minded and are will to give this 8 or 10 spins then you should wind up liking it. The production is great, the guitar playing is great and the packaging is wonderful(no digi-pack :banana: ).

I've posted my thoughts in the first spin thread last week since I had heard an advance copy.

It's an Axl Rose side project but there are some great songs but if one is looking for Appetite or even Illusions then he or she should look elsewhere. If your open minded and are will to give this 8 or 10 spins then you should wind up liking it. The production is great, the guitar playing is great and the packaging is wonderful(no digi-pack :banana: ).

Sounds cool, I can't wait 'til it arrives!

• 2023 Gold Donors

farcry2engine.jpg

Sounds good ill put it on the 'to get list'. :drink:

If your open minded and are willing to give this 8 or 10 spins, then you should wind up liking it.

This is a statement I don't agree with. It never ever takes me 8 to 10 spins to like or not like something. Either it's good or it's not. 99% of the time if I don't like it upon first listen, it usually doesn't get any better, even if I listen to it 20 more times.

Anyway, I think this G N' R is pretty solid. :banger:

If your open minded and are willing to give this 8 or 10 spins, then you should wind up liking it.

This is a statement I don't agree with. It never ever takes me 8 to 10 spins to like or not like something. Either it's good or it's not. 99% of the time if I don't like it upon first listen, it usually doesn't get any better, even if I listen to it 20 more times.

Yeah, backed 100%. If it's shit it's shit... it's just the way it is. One thing I refuse to do these days, with so many good CDs out there, is to try and make myself like a CD that just doesn't deserve it. There's more than enough CDs that sound excellent on the first spin and every one afterwards. I prefer those ones. :)

• 2 months later...
Quick update: FarCry artwork going to manufacturer TODAY! :bananamac:

So how much longer then? A few weeks? A month?

I hesitate to guess based on my track record thus far. :(

As soon as I hear something concrete I will post it here. :beerbang:

Will you be delivering the discs that were pre-ordered in person? :lol:

with Beer??

with Beer??

Wouldn't that be awesome?

Pete would need a sleigh like Santa full of Speckled Hen beer and he could go down the chimney and deliver the cd with the beer. Hell I'd even leave cookies out for him. :tumbsup:

with Beer??

Wouldn't that be awesome?

Pete would need a sleigh like Santa full of Speckled Hen beer and he could go down the chimney and deliver the cd with the beer. Hell I'd even leave cookies out for him. :tumbsup:

I do enjoy a good cookie now and again... I'll talk to Kivel and see if we can fit the personal pre-order delivery in the budget... ;)