Exodus - LET THERE BE BLOOD

Fat Freddy

...finally heard this and it ain't bad at all.I think you have to approach it as a "tribute to Paul Baloff".Gary producing was a good thing as an outside knob hog would've shit all over it.Arrangements are the same,sound is an obvious step up and Rob Dukes vox sound good.Probably should've just left these songs alone,but hey it pisses all over Death Magnetic.. :nyanya: .'Metal Command','BBB','Strike Of The Beast' and 'Pirahna' sound vicious.Not trying to outdue the original masterpiece (which is impossible)...more of like it says in the liner notes a homage. R.I.P. Paul Baloff-

I thought you might have torn this one apart so glad you don't mind it! My fave on this is "A Lesson In Violence", as Dukes' more aggressive vocals work really well on this....

Well the new artwork is pretty killer I will say that much.. Not that the old classic artwork sucked or anything....

I AM Interested in hearing this to be honest.... I LOVED the original with Baloff on vocals, but yea the production was pretty shitty, so it would be nice to hear these classic tunes re-recorded and sounding better.. Plus I Believe there's a bonus track that never got released back in the day,so that oughta be cool... :headbanger:

Backed...

Picked this up today & I'm totally digging it. Totally faithful renditions of the original songs with updated (read:better) production. Like Dukes said, if Baloff were still alive, he would have been singing on this, not him. He's just trying to do justice to this classic album...mission accomplished.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...