Heavy Metal which album do you prefer? N# 1

Heavy Metal  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1.Helloween

2.Anthrax

3.Exodus/Sepultura/Annihilator/Flotsam and Jetsam

haven't heard the Sanctuary album.

..just saw "Something Wicked" and "Live At Hammersmith" used the other day-that SW disc good stuff!

Dave Dipietro, can't go wrong with him on guitar! :banger:

I went with Anthrax myself for this poll, just some kickass tunes on that disc IMO.

I had clicked Anthrax, then right before I voted I noticed Sanctuary on there, that was one of my favorite albums in the early 90's great guitar work, what an underated band!

Oh man, Nuclear Assaults - Survive is one of the best thrash albums to hit the light of day IMO. NA got my vote.

I keep looking for Nuclear Assault cds when I got dumpster diving but always come up empty handed.

Is it me or are there not to many good thrash albums in used cd stores?

There's not many good albums in used CD stores anymore, period.

Hell, there aren't many used CD stores!!!

I got real lucky and found NA's Out Of Order at the used CD store a couple of years back.

• 3 months later...
Oh man, Nuclear Assaults - Survive is one of the best thrash albums to hit the light of day IMO. NA got my vote.

I keep looking for Nuclear Assault cds when I got dumpster diving but always come up empty handed.

Is it me or are there not to many good thrash albums in used cd stores?

There's not many good albums in used CD stores anymore, period.

Hell, there aren't many used CD stores!!!

So true.

• 1 month later...

Sanctuary's second album was much better, but there were two real stand out songs on Refuge Denied, so I've gone for that above Alice In Hell. 'Alison Hell' is an amazing tune, but nothing else on that album comes close to it for me.

• 2 years later...

I'm a huge fan of Helloween and NOT a fan of the other bands or that style of metal, so it was a no brainer for me.

• 1 month later...

Had to go with Athrax in the end ... Helloween are a close second ... I prefer 'Never, Neverland' to Annihilator's debut (hang on, I'll just get me coat) ...

ANthrax ... stoopid fingers!

Walls of Jericho,Alice in Hell,Doomsday for the Deceiver and Spreading the Disease are obvious classics,albums that every metalhead should own.

Refuge Denied is a hidden gem, a great album,and as far as i'm concerned,the best thing Warell Dane ever did.

Schizophrenia and Pleasures of the Flesh are great thrash albums, highly recommended for all thrashers.

War Games is a shitty album,that still has that old school german underground metal charm, with a helluva lot of broken english; this one is for the german old school power metal completists.

The other two albums, i haven't heard.

I voted Walls of Jericho, obviously the most influential album from the list; and beside that,it's a great album.