TALON......

KIVELRECORDS

It's ordered. Hopefully its as good as their last album.

Oh fine, I get replaced by Don Dokken in your avatar. Let's compare careers shall we...

He has one.

I don't.

Okay, uh... never mind... ;)

Fuck Don Dokken! :D

Hey! Let's not bring Don into this! Don is a great guy, as is Pete. Since Don has a career, I will give Pete his due and put him back on my Avatar out of respect for him....... :bowdown:

Done.

At least Don can hold his liquor. :lol:

:rofl2:

Pete can hold garbage cans :lol:

Hey now, imagine what could have happened had I not held down those wayward cans...

...and thanks for changing your avatar, I'm sure you know I was just busting your chops, I was honored that you had me up there at all in the first place bro! :drink:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh fine, I get replaced by Don Dokken in your avatar. Let's compare careers shall we...

He has one.

I don't.

Hey! Let's not bring Don into this! Don is a great guy, as is Pete. Since Don has a career, I will give Pete his due and put him back on my Avatar out of respect for him....... :bowdown:

Done.

Hey now, imagine what could have happened had I not held down those wayward cans...

...and thanks for changing your avatar, I'm sure you know I was just busting your chops, I was honored that you had me up there at all in the first place bro! :drink:

:drink:

No problem. If folks will look that little blotch below your guitar is a plane. Cool pict, too bad its not bigger. I will tell you though, we are done having children so there will be no Petesdad. Sorry. :whistle:

He has one.

I don't.

Done.

:drink:

No problem. If folks will look that little blotch below your guitar is a plane. Cool pict, too bad its not bigger. I will tell you though, we are done having children so there will be no Petesdad. Sorry. :whistle:

Petesdad. :rofl2:

I just saw Talon live over the weekend at Firefest Nottinham U.K & guys put on an awesome show.

Their new vocalist Chandler could really sing a phone book.

I managed to meet the band & speak to a few of them & KIVEL records chief JOHN, hey!

And you know what a cool bunch of guys they are when they take the time to sign your CD &n pose for a few pix, Thanks guys!

Hopefully it wont be long before I get to see them live again!

Now having the new CD for a few days now, I find it to be as great as the previous album!

Ive just checked out the samples on melodicrock.com and as solid as they sound i think ill be passing on this one. Alot of the songs sound like a different band to me, and i much prefer the vocalist from the first album..

But Chandler's from New Jersey. You wound me yet again Matthew. :crying:

Ive just checked out the samples on melodicrock.com and as solid as they sound i think ill be passing on this one. Alot of the songs sound like a different band to me, and i much prefer the vocalist from the first album..

when was the other time i wound you?

The new album is far superior to the debut. I had it spinning this afternoon as I tried in vain to fix my car so I was seeing red with anger and my listening was clouded, but what I heard was pretty damn good. The debut was just okay for me.

when was the other time i wound you?

Well... uh... there was that time you said you found Geoff more attractive than me, that was wounding.

Geoffadillo.jpg

Damn this album just DESTROYS the debut. Seriously I just kind of shrugged my shoulders at the so-so debut, but this is great melodic hard rock - a real surprise to be honest.

I love AKA's version of 'Baby Jane' but this version murders it. Really good effort from the guys this time round.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Folks

Ive been kinda quiet around here, so i thought id give some updates for the HH'ers. The coolest board on the net. Hell the ONLY one i will actually post on :-)

Check out the new TALON Video which was shot on location in the UK and the bands FIREFEST performance. click the link below to veiw it

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...ideoid=46985231

Let us know what you think....we worked semi hard on it ;-) lol.

FARCRY!! Ok...the thing everyone keeps asking about. Our own lil CHINESE DEMOCRACY album. It is inches from completion and WILL be the very 1st release from us in 2009. Why the delay? Well....we went in to recut the drums as after review they just wernt cutting it. Then we had to resched time in the studio. I had other releases, we had shows. Petes comitments to KARMA repeat cycle. We finally get in the studio recut drums. THEN we decide we should recut the guitars and bass! LOL. In the end we have a much stronger album and it will show. I promise.

Look for new Kivel releases this year from FARCRY "High Gear", GOODBYE THRILL "1nHalf" , SEVEN DAYZ, VLS, STOLEN SEASON, STEREO PARADE and a few other surprises from some old faces!

Other then that id like to announce my proudest kivel news to date.....IM GETTING MARRIED!!!! I asked my wonderful Laurie over thanksgiving weekend and she said yes, and no this will not stifle my creative process. OR some of my racey album cover art.LOL. Maybe she can help me with all my typos. LOL

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Support the scene, labels, websites and bands. Heres to a NEW YEAR.

John

Kivel Records

Hey Folks

Ive been kinda quiet around here, so i thought id give some updates for the HH'ers. The coolest board on the net. Hell the ONLY one i will actually post on :-)

Check out the new TALON Video which was shot on location in the UK and the bands FIREFEST performance. click the link below to veiw it

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...ideoid=46985231

Let us know what you think....we worked semi hard on it ;-) lol.

FARCRY!! Ok...the thing everyone keeps asking about. Our own lil CHINESE DEMOCRACY album. It is inches from completion and WILL be the very 1st release from us in 2009. Why the delay? Well....we went in to recut the drums as after review they just wernt cutting it. Then we had to resched time in the studio. I had other releases, we had shows. Petes comitments to KARMA repeat cycle. We finally get in the studio recut drums. THEN we decide we should recut the guitars and bass! LOL. In the end we have a much stronger album and it will show. I promise.

Look for new Kivel releases this year from FARCRY "High Gear", GOODBYE THRILL "1nHalf" , SEVEN DAYZ, VLS, STOLEN SEASON, STEREO PARADE and a few other surprises from some old faces!

Other then that id like to announce my proudest kivel news to date.....IM GETTING MARRIED!!!! I asked my wonderful Laurie over thanksgiving weekend and she said yes, and no this will not stifle my creative process. OR some of my racey album cover art.LOL. Maybe she can help me with all my typos. LOL

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Support the scene, labels, websites and bands. Heres to a NEW YEAR.

John

Kivel Records

John, Congrats on the upcoming Marriage. :drink:

• 1 month later...