TALON......

KIVELRECORDS

From Talons Myspace in their words :-)

To everyone that has accepted our modest add requests, Thanks for taking our them. We are in the process of building up the myspace page and getting ready for our brand new release. So dont be a stranger, and stay in cyber touch with us.

We will be updating our page soon with some mp3 from our upcoming release. In the meantime check out this lil teaser and let us know what ya think....

<A href="http://www.f3studios.com/kivel/talon/"_blank">Click Here</A>

click link www.f3studios.com/kivel/talon

TALONFallenAngels.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the same band called Talon that released a decent CDs a couple of years ago... sort of like a budget version of Vicious Mary?

Speaking of which, what ever happened to Vicious Mary??? LOVED that band.

Hello

To answer all these questions...

yes this is the same band that had a album in 2002 with the song WRECKING BALL. Which btw the band has redone on this album. Produced by Ty Sims, and we promise it will please fans of hard edged melodic rock.

The band does have a new lead vocalist and is sort of a cross between Ray Gillian and Robert Mason.

Please click the link in the orginal post and see/hear our lil teaser......

As for our release sched...here it is :-)

FAITH CIRCUS Oct 1st

TALON "Fallen Angels" Oct 8th

FARCRY "High Gear" Nov 8th (FINALLY!!!)

GOODBYE THRILL "1nHalf" (w Bonus DVD) Nov 12th

Thanks

John

KIVEL RECORDS

Hello

yes this is the same band that had a album in 2002 with the song WRECKING BALL. Which btw the band has redone on this album. Produced by Ty Sims, and we promise it will please fans of hard edged melodic rock.

The band does have a new lead vocalist and is sort of a cross between Ray Gillian and Robert Mason.

FAITH CIRCUS Oct 1st

Thanks

John

KIVEL RECORDS

What happened to the old vocalist...? he was good.

Hello

FAITH CIRCUS Oct 1st

Thanks

John

KIVEL RECORDS

I think the only thing I didn't like about the debut was some overly "polite" drums, so I'm hoping they're a bit more kick-ass this time and hopefully we'll have a good disc on our hands... as I do recall them being pretty good.

Yes Mike is a FANTASTIC singer and frontman. No argument there at all. As for why or how the change...ill just post the below as it covers all the basis. This was done for the FIREFEST Program that will be given out at FFV.

3. How did you react to losing the singer, and how do you feel about the replacement?

Well no one likes to hear your loosing a member of the band. Especially when its the singer. However it happens and you have to roll with the punches. We come to a crossroads in our life where people have, or need to part ways. Sometimes its sad, sometimes it turns out to be for the better. I'm not going to comment on which way the coin has landed. I think that is something the listener and the bands fans will be the ones to decide on. I can say that personally I'm pleased with the final results. That is no slight to Talons original singer. He is a fantastic vocalist and both band and label wish him the absolute best in his future, both personal and musical. I think we would have made a fine record with him. However that was not in the cards and I'm pleased with the results of what the new singer has delivered. Chandler is a amazing vocalist and a rare talent. He has studied under Tony Harnell for a few years. He blew through these songs with ease in the studio and will surprise alot of people at Firefest im sure. Not to mention he is a super nice guy and makes for long days in the studio relaxed and fun. Again some may like, some may not like the results. We are prepared for either and respect the fan feedback no matter what it is. Some prefer Sammy, some prefer Dave. In the end all parties went on to live healthy careers and lives. I don't see why we wont be any different.

Yes Mike is a FANTASTIC singer and frontman. No argument there at all. As for why or how the change...ill just post the below as it covers all the basis. This was done for the FIREFEST Program that will be given out at FFV.

3. How did you react to losing the singer, and how do you feel about the replacement?

Well no one likes to hear your loosing a member of the band. Especially when its the singer. However it happens and you have to roll with the punches. We come to a crossroads in our life where people have, or need to part ways. Sometimes its sad, sometimes it turns out to be for the better. I'm not going to comment on which way the coin has landed. I think that is something the listener and the bands fans will be the ones to decide on. I can say that personally I'm pleased with the final results. That is no slight to Talons original singer. He is a fantastic vocalist and both band and label wish him the absolute best in his future, both personal and musical. I think we would have made a fine record with him. However that was not in the cards and I'm pleased with the results of what the new singer has delivered. Chandler is a amazing vocalist and a rare talent. He has studied under Tony Harnell for a few years. He blew through these songs with ease in the studio and will surprise alot of people at Firefest im sure. Not to mention he is a super nice guy and makes for long days in the studio relaxed and fun. Again some may like, some may not like the results. We are prepared for either and respect the fan feedback no matter what it is. Some prefer Sammy, some prefer Dave. In the end all parties went on to live healthy careers and lives. I don't see why we wont be any different.

fair enough, still looking forward to this album!

and hopefully Michael O'Mara does some stuff sometime too... great talent.

I had the opportunity earlier this week to hear some of the tracks from this, and it ROCKS! I'm not familiar with the previous vocalist but I can say that Chandler kicks some ass on this, and the guitar player smokes! :banger:

I had the opportunity earlier this week to hear some of the tracks from this, and it ROCKS! I'm not familiar with the previous vocalist but I can say that Chandler kicks some ass on this, and the guitar player smokes! :banger:

Just playing the song on myspace right now and backed on the vocalist, guitar playing and song.

This is some good stuff IMO. :headbanger:

Just playing the song on myspace right now and backed on the vocalist, guitar playing and song.

Glad to see the postive feedback. Please keep the comments coming. The band and myself really do appreciate it. Good or Bad. If you havent pre ordered your copy, then what are you waiting for!? All pre orders WILL be shipped the same day the wholesalers and distro company orders go out. So you will have them before anyone else by atleast a week. Plus we are throwing in signed artwork from the band.

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

Glad to see the postive feedback. Please keep the comments coming. The band and myself really do appreciate it. Good or Bad. If you havent pre ordered your copy, then what are you waiting for!? All pre orders WILL be shipped the same day the wholesalers and distro company orders go out. So you will have them before anyone else by atleast a week. Plus we are throwing in signed artwork from the band.

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

Hey John,

Can the FarCry be pre-ordered still?

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

Hey John,

YEP and if you buy two cds you get the third half price automatic!

JK

Hello

FAITH CIRCUS Oct 1st

Just wondering when TNA will be releasing another CD...I read on your site awhile ago that they were going to release a DVD full on live and unrelease songs..is this still going to happend.

Cheerz

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

Hey John,

JK

Thanks John. :tumbsup:

Is there anyway you can talk to my wife and tell her why it's so important that I order more cds? :lol:

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

Hey John,

JK

Is there anyway you can talk to my wife and tell her why it's so important that I order more cds? :lol:

WOW....thats some request.

You could try.....

"Hon, if i stop now how will i make it into the record books for most cds by melodicrock bands!?"

"Lives are depending on me buying these cds!!"

"Im doing my part to help turn the economy around"

"You can buy those shoes you wanted if u let me buy these cds"

"Im sorry...was i not suppose to buy these cds?"

"But the Aleins said i HAD to buy them"

"The Dr said the Voices would stop if i purchased some cds this week"

You could try a oldie but a goodie......"I LOVE YOU" or "IM SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU"

Lastly....."Kivel Records releases qaulity melodicrock music that i love and buying these cds will help the label, band and genre :-) Not to mention my listening pleasure"

Hope i was able to help!

John

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

Hey John,

JK

WOW....thats some request.

You could try.....

"Hon, if i stop now how will i make it into the record books for most cds by melodicrock bands!?"

"Lives are depending on me buying these cds!!"

"Im doing my part to help turn the economy around"

"You can buy those shoes you wanted if u let me buy these cds"

"Im sorry...was i not suppose to buy these cds?"

"But the Aleins said i HAD to buy them"

"The Dr said the Voices would stop if i purchased some cds this week"

You could try a oldie but a goodie......"I LOVE YOU" or "IM SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU"

Lastly....."Kivel Records releases qaulity melodicrock music that i love and buying these cds will help the label, band and genre :-) Not to mention my listening pleasure"

Hope i was able to help!

John

If I doesn't work out for me, I'll just tell her to take it up with you next year at Dakota Rockfest. :lol:

The title track to TALON's new release has now been added to the bands Myspace page......let the feedback start flying!!

http://www.myspace.com/talonrocks1

Thank you.

John

Since I know John to be a person who appreciates both positive and negative feedback, I'll offer both. On the positive side, the production is much improved over the band's debut, and while the old singer was good, so is the new vocalist. On the negative side, as I listened to this new song, I couldn't help but think I've heard this sort of thing done thousands of times in the melodic hard rock genre. I know, I know, sameness isn't necessarily a bad thing in our beloved musical genre, but for me, the "been there, heard that" vibe was a little overwhelming, which in turn left me a little underwhelmed by what I was hearing.

No offense to all parties involved. :guitar:

The title track to TALON's new release has now been added to the bands Myspace page......let the feedback start flying!!

http://www.myspace.com/talonrocks1

Thank you.

John

Since I know John to be a person who appreciates both positive and negative feedback, I'll offer both. On the positive side, the production is much improved over the band's debut, and while the old singer was good, so is the new vocalist. On the negative side, as I listened to this new song, I couldn't help but think I've heard this sort of thing done thousands of times in the melodic hard rock genre. I know, I know, sameness isn't necessarily a bad thing in our beloved musical genre, but for me, the "been there, heard that" vibe was a little overwhelming, which in turn left me a little underwhelmed by what I was hearing.

No offense to all parties involved. :guitar:

:spboba::spboba: Hm......what would Bobba Fett do in this situation..

I kid...!

Appreciate the feedback and do appreciate your comments. Keep in mind that this is only 1 song off the album. I think that you will find this album to be a lil less "samesness" as you say when u hear the full album. It has diversity to it. Now before i scare away all the ones that liked what they did hear. When i say diverse i dont mean its like the new EXTREME album. What I mean is, how albums would have been deemed diverse back in the day. There was a time where MOTLEY CRUES Dr Feelgood was considered diverse by music critics. As well as BON JOVI New Jersey and countless others from our beloved genre. Its funny how some words become tainted over time. So this album will not be so "same" start to finish. This album breathes and has life to it. It has your rocker...your midtempo....your pop single (again use the verbage in the past genre tense! lol) it has a couple of heavy tunes and ofcourse two types of ballads. The brooding/haunting one, and the love you with all my heart one. :-)

Also, New TALON vocalist- Chandler Mogel has a vocal style that is a lil out of the box of the genre. He is not your typical "80s rock singer" I think that he has delivered a album that can be appreciated by fans of the genre and people that are normally not into this genre. In the end its up to you the listener to decide, appreciate or dislike. $12 you get a qaulity produced album with top shelf artwork (possibly the best album art cover we have ever done!) good songs good musianship. Just the other day i took the same chance on REV THEORY for $11.00. I figured even if half the album is a throwaway im satisfied with my purchase. Killer album cover....killer 1st single. A welcome addition to my collection for sure. Final verdict.....solid album. Although i wished they had a few more songs like the 1st single.

Thanks Again

John

FROM THE GUYS IN....

TALONLOGO-1.jpg

Hey all in melodicrock world. We are excited and ready to hit the UK shores in Oct for this years Firefest! Its been a while since we have played live for the melodicrock community, but we promise that both the new album and live show will be worth the wait. We are ecstatic to be part of this great event and everyone that is involved with it. Thanks to Kieran and Bruce for having us on board. We look forward to seeing everyone attending the festival. We are all going to have a good time, It's going to be a weekend to remember. Regarding our new CD Fallen Angels (Kivel Records) All we can say is..Man, this CD is a Monster ! We really rolled up our sleeves on this one with the help from our label and Ty Sims. Hope everyone enjoys it as much as we did creating it, we are very proud of the final result

Thank You....John Parker Talon

A song synopsis from Vocalist Chandler Mogel and Drummer John Parker

1.FALLEN ANGELS -

Chandler: This is our title track. Ironically, this was the last song recorded for the record. It's a bombastic tune, which im sure will go over well live,.....Guitar shredding galore...!! I love the melody and lyrics on this one

John: This gets the CD off to a roaring start ! Chandler has great range on this, just a great song with a great melody

2. BURN....

John: The harmony from hell ! Vibe is to take on the world - and you can join me.

Chandler: One of my favorite songs on the album. Big chorus and great rippin' solos courtesy of Jim "Keemaster" Kee. This one should get the hands in the air for sure

3.WHAT ABOUT ME -

Chandler: probably one of the "poppier" songs on the album, again I love the melody and lyrics. It has that big radio friendly chorus to it.

John: Good rocker, I love the groove of this one...good example of the AOR-feel we wanted for this release.

4.JANE - Chandler: The quintessential big power ballad!

5.ALWAYS

John: What a sing-along ! Catchy as hell, but still has bite. This one came to us quick - instant classic for sure.

Chandler: Also one of my favorite tunes on the record.

6.PARADISE -

Chandler: This was the first song I recorded for the album. It was a older Talon tune from a few years ago. The Label felt it fit perfectly and was a must for the bands core fan base. A great tune with a great groove and cool lyrics by Kory

John: Another early track, straight-up rocker about being lied to.......won't happen again.

7.I WON'T -

Chandler: This actually beats out "What About Me" for the poppiest song on the album! Great chorus and harmonies. An answer to all the lovey-dovey pop music out there right now - just listen to the lyrics :)

John: Sometimes music shouldn't be rocket science, and be plain ol FUN.. Total 80's feel that is upbeat and catchy as hell. A song all about moving on, and finally telling that person "I Wont Be There for You". A upbeat yet anti love song....Hah!!

8.CRYING IN THE DARK -

Chandler: Another favorite of mine. The other Big power ballad of the album.However this one has a little Whitesnake feel thrown in for good measure!

John: Love the Moodiness on this one. It really surpassed all of our expectations and took on a whole new life. Chandler sings this with total passion ! Also one of my favorites.

9. LIVE FREE -

John: Balls ! One of the early tracks we penned for the new album. This thing just reeks of power - Yea... Must play this very loud !

Chandler: I guess you could call this the "patriotic" song of the album. I guess its good to have a positive song during these trying times to say, "Your not going to keep us down...your not going to push your views on me....now get out of my way". Like the song says...Live FREE!!! Great driving riff and melodies with a BIG heavy chorus.

10. ALL I EVER NEEDED -

John: Another of the AOR vein tunes of the album. Awesome chorus, pop in the car and just sing along.

Chandler: This is one of the tunes co written by Erik Johnson of Bombay Black(Another Kivel Act/Label mate). Erik really helped us knock this one out of the park. A song im sure that will please fans of bands like Survivor and Honeymoon suite with its Big melodic chorus. Its a toe tapper tune for sure. I bet you can guess what the lyrics are about....!

11.WRECKING BALL -

John: Yep...the Talon classic from the 1st CD. This is sort of a ceremonial start of the bands new chapter, by redoing something from the previous chapter. We had to have Chandler sing on this, plus it comes across live great as well. So we had to re do it

Chandler: This is a "self-cover" song from the first Talon record - The label wanted us to redo this song as they felt it was a great tune and should get the updated treatment to really show it off. We added some glossier backgrounds and a slightly different interpretation from the original version. A little TNT-ish in my opinion. Which isn't a bad thing!! :-)

12. C'EST LA VIE -

John: Yea, now were talkin' ! Time to lay it down and not let up - just kicks ass live ! Chandler smokes on this one. Im looking fwd to playing this one live at Firefest for sure..

Chandler: The album closer, and possibly my favorite song on the record. It is a drivin' metal tune for the ages, with a modern melodic chorus. Can't get enough of it!

TALON "Fallen Angels" can be pre ordered at www. kivelrecords. com also visit the band at www.myspace.com/talonrocks1

Hey HH people....!

FYI Talon has added a new mp3 to thier page.

From Talon myspace page:

Hey Folks!!

Well we added another track from FALLEN ANGELS to our player. This time we thought we would give a peak at the updated version of our Talon classic, Wrecking Ball!! Hope u dig it as much as we do.

Don't forget that Fallen Angels will be landing in less then 2 weeks!!! :-) So pre order your copy.....NOW at www.kivelrecords.com

Thank you

Chandler, Kory, John, Phil and Jim

TALONLOGO-2.jpg