FRINGE - New TV show on Fox

heaven&hell

So evidently tonight's episode is a MUST SEE. Per Ken Tucker at EW.com:

Tonight’s Fringe is a do-not-miss, revelatory episode, crossing time and space and allowing us to see Olivia and Peter as children. The hour is crammed with references to previous episodes while adding a great deal of vivid detail to the series’ fundamental relationships between Walter, Olivia, Peter, and Walter’s wife, Elizabeth.

I gotta say, this show has been hitting on all cylinders this season, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they throw at us tonight. :popcorn:

Another killer episode and was kind of creepy seeing the young Walter again and seeing Olivia and Peter as kids.

Also showed the adjustment of Peter after he was brought over and how Walternate figured out what happened to his Peter.

This is the best show on TV period IMO and I can't get enough of it. I just finished rewatching season one and there is just so many things that leapt out at me that figure into the story line now that didn't make sense then. Just a great great show and so far ratings have been solid after the move to Fridays so rumours are they'll be renewed for season 4(crosses fingers).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad to say that I quit watching about 3/4 of the way into season 1. I gather you all would tell me to get the DVDs and catch up????

Yes you have to watch is all again from the beginning and when you get to the end of season one and you're not a diehard fan then something is wrong with you. :lol:

Season one was very good and laid the groundwork, season two was awesome and introduced a new world and then season three has blown the door off with so many new twists and turns.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome news! http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/24/its-official-fringe-renewed/86988

Great news for Fringe fans: Fox has renewed Fringe for a fourth season with a full season order of 22 episodes. You will not have to gut out the white knuckle ride until May!

work.4283477.1.sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,f8f8f8.fringe-walter-bishop-now-lets-synthesize-some-lsd-v1.png

Awesome news! http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/24/its-official-fringe-renewed/86988

Great news for Fringe fans: Fox has renewed Fringe for a fourth season with a full season order of 22 episodes. You will not have to gut out the white knuckle ride until May!

work.4283477.1.sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,f8f8f8.fringe-walter-bishop-now-lets-synthesize-some-lsd-v1.png

YES YES AND YES. The best news I've had all year.

I'd like to see Olivia and Fauxliva in a Celebrity Death Match. :headbanger:

• 9 months later...

While this season started out slow with Peter being lost between worlds or timelines, since he showed up this has been amazing television.It's just to bad no one is watching. The ratings are at round 3 million per week and the network is losing money but their is hope that the studio might work out a deal with the network to allow a season five or at least a partial season to finish up the show. Why do shows that make you think have trouble finding an audience? I sure hope they get to finish the show and get at least 13 more episodes next season and get to 100 which will help their chances of getting picked up for syndication. Again this is such a great show but being burried on Friday nights on Fox has not helped and of course it makes you really pay attention and I guess the average tv vewier doesn't want that. When you look at sci fi shows on major networks it's shocking that this show got four seasons when really only X-Files and Lost has got that much time and not been on Syfy channel or another small network.

I still enjoy the show but I must admit the whole universe hopping thing is getting rather old...

I see what you're saying and it has gotten a little to "Lost" but with JJ Abrahams involved that is expected. The arrival of David Robert Jones was a WOW factor and to watch him get nervous when he saw Peter was just excellent. The scene between Peter's mom(Orla Brady) and Walter was excellent and her forgiving him for taking Pete and the look he had when he heard her voice. Also the scene at the dinner table between her and Walternate was excellent as well. Her presence usually takes everything up a notch. Also the scene of Peter saving Oliva from going through the closing universe door and it crusing the front end of her car was great.

• 2 months later...

I just watched the latest episode and WTF!...talk about throwing me for a loop...wasn't expecting a totally unrelated story line to crop up....

I love that about this how it totally f@#ks with your mind.

Plus most of the time what seems unrelated at the time comes back to kick you in the face a season or more later.........

I just watched the latest episode and WTF!...talk about throwing me for a loop...wasn't expecting a totally unrelated story line to crop up....

I love that about this how it totally f@#ks with your mind.

Plus most of the time what seems unrelated at the time comes back to kick you in the face a season or more later.........

Last night's episode was AWESOME. Of course, anything featuring Desmond from "Lost" gets a thumbs up! :tumbsup:

So my cable service just got a shitload of HD channels so I switched all of my DVR series recordings on the local CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox over to the HD version of the channel. So the first week I'd get to see Fringe in HD I go to watch it and WTF the screen is all f@#ked up and it was unwatchable so now I have to wait another couple of days to see in on HULU. F@#k!!!

And this is my fav show so I'm pissed!

Fringe Renewed for Fifth and Final Season - 13 Final Episodes!!!!!

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-231300499.html

You beat me to it! :P

Very happy that they will get to tie up all their storylines (or as many as may be possible on a show like this!).

• 2 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy f@#k part one of the finale was a mind blower!!!!

Not only do we get the return of William Bell but he's the guy that's been pulling the strings on David Robert Jones all along. WTF?????

Then on top of that Astrid(or is it Alex this week? :lol: )gets shot. But is it fatal? God I hope they don't kill her off. She has had a much bigger role as the show has went on and I can't imagine Walter surviving without her as his caretaker/assistant.

Oh shit I forgot about Walter's return to St. Claire's Mental Institute. He was freaking the f@#k out! How the hell has John Noble never won an Emmy???

Also Olivia's powers are fully coming out with her using Peter to open a can of whoop ass on DRJ.

How can they follow up this episode with part two this week?

Only Lost did Season Finale's as good as Fringe does.

SPOILER!!!

Looks like the final season will have them reopening the bridge to help the other side but I'm not sure who "they" are besides William Bell unless "they" are someone we haven't seen yet but I guess they could be the other observers that September was talking about.

Glad that Astrid isn't dead but holy crap when Walter shot Olivia I was shocked. I had a strange feeling someone would shoot her but for some reason thought it would be Peter not Walter but glad she wasn't dead.

This season was probably the worst season so far but was still really good. I sure hope they can put it together for the final half season to tie it all together.

• 4 months later...

Anyone else watching the final season?

The first episode was pretty badass and is back to the future and from what I've read most of this season will be in future that was set up by that one episode late last season.

• 3 months later...

Well, tonight is the end. While overall I've enjoyed the final season, some of the episodes have bored me to tears.

Hopefully they'll go out with a world saving, Observer ending bang tonight!

Take note Lost fans- now that is how you do a series finale. Wow what an episode. I'm not sure what was more powerful the scene between Walter and Peter or Astrid, Walter and Gene. He finally got Astrid's name right. September aka Donald was excellent as well. And as always it was great to see Fauxlivia and Lincoln.