Wild Rose

melodicrockoz

One album I totally missed in 2011 but it still a must-buy... one day. :(

Got it last week and to be honest i'm pretty disappointed in it.

and can you elaborate the reason ?

is it the vocal ? or the music as a whole Jez ?

One album I totally missed in 2011 but it still a must-buy... one day. :(

Got it last week and to be honest i'm pretty disappointed in it.

Thats an understatement....far too sugar coated for my liking...those keys, sound like my 4 year daughters keyboard :-(

So out of curiosity, would you rate this as low as you both rated White Widdow, or even less?

Wow, doesn't hold a light to White Widdow. WW is a great album and ranked in the lower 20s for me' in what was an excellent year for melodic rock. Could hardly get through one listen of Wild Rose.

WW are better in every aspect and they did make my top 50 again this year (albeit only just). It's not that Wild Rose are too sugery or whatever, I love my pink 'n fluffy AOR stuff, but the songs weren't that memorable to me. The singer is ok, band are ok, (although the rhythm section sounds very programmed to my ears) and that is just it, it's all ok rather than special. I'm playing the disc as we speak and its is certainly not bad and has it's moments, but they have alot of competition at the moment and I think they aren't quite up to the mark as of yet.

Cool, thanks for the comments. I still plan to check it out, but maybe won't list that as something too essential. :)

I think WILD ROSE is a fine band and sitting at #36 / 80% ('Serenade' is 90% and in my top 10). I don't have a problem at all with their sounds, the keyboard parts are also fine just like what I discovered in many 80s AOR, only I'm struggling a bit with the vocal, he isn't really a strong singer, probably has a lil accent but still acceptable.

Wild Rose's debut look set to be reissued with 2 bonus tracks in the coming months for anyone that care.

hopefully the the 2 extra tunes will add to the the album's rating.

BTW, I love the album.

I like this CD, but this pisses me off, to be honest ! The CD is out for a few months and already there are plans of a reissue with bonus tracks ?? Come on ... !!!!

Wild Rose's debut look set to be reissued with 2 bonus tracks in the coming months for anyone that care.

BTW, I love the album.

I like this CD, but this pisses me off, to be honest ! The CD is out for a few months and already there are plans of a reissue with bonus tracks ?? Come on ... !!!!

Haha, yeah that's always frustrating but for once it suits me. Now I have good reason to wait. :)

BTW, I love the album.

Haha, yeah that's always frustrating but for once it suits me. Now I have good reason to wait. :)

probably will be reissued by other label than Retrospect ?

a local Greece label I suppose ?

BTW, I love the album.

probably will be reissued by other label than Retrospect ?

a local Greece label I suppose ?

Retrospect have secured all releases from Wild Rose for a 2 year period so the reissue will be through Retrospect.

Wild Rose should have a 2nd album later this year.

Well, I got a sneaky listen to this before the re-release, and I have to say I really liked it. They're not doing anything crazy or stretching the boundaries of melodic rock, but they are doing what they do very well, imo. Looking forward to many more spins and don't be surprised to see this rate pretty high if I get around to revising my 2011 list, after hearing quite a few albums that didn't make it into the list by year's end. But yeah, I must say I really like this and will make the re-release a priority when it's released.

Well, I got a sneaky listen to this before the re-release, and I have to say I really liked it. They're not doing anything crazy or stretching the boundaries of melodic rock, but they are doing what they do very well, imo. Looking forward to many more spins and don't be surprised to see this rate pretty high if I get around to revising my 2011 list, after hearing quite a few albums that didn't make it into the list by year's end. But yeah, I must say I really like this and will make the re-release a priority when it's released.

I agree ! :drink: