zacharyamelie

Modern Rock

I've been scoping the "other music styles " forum and it's 80% modern rock. Let's face facts and accept that modern rock has alot of value to many members here. I'm not saying we should add them all to the HH database, but a section in the message board dedicated solely to what is concidered modern, ie: what Geoff and TIM2 go nuts over....me as well with some of those bands.

Just my 2 cents, now I'll shut up.

....Crap I'm typing again....

...and again....

.....STOP ME!!!!!

Haha... yeah. it's pretty much what the 'Other styles' forum has become but I always feel so out of place putting a lot of stuff there as a lot of it's more melodic rock than the stuff in the MHR forum. :lol:

Yep I think that's a good idea as well. I think the 'modern rock' thing has taken over the 'other music styles' section of the forum which is where I like to start topics on such great artists as Corey Hart and Nik Kershaw :) And with the huge number of really good modern rock bands emerging I think the genre is deserving of its own section.

Yes, every time I go to post a thread in the "Other Music Styles" section about the killer new opera CD I found, I always end up forgoing the idea, realizing that my beautiful opera recommendation would be lost in the swamp of modern rock/metal bands that have taken over the section. :crying: Where, oh where, does one go these days to post about opera, polka, and other disturbingly under-discussed musical genres?

Seriously, a Modern Rock/Metal Section is a good idea, given that a lot of the newer stuff has been embraced by melodic hard rockers, including myself, probably because modern bands have finally learned how to incorporate melody, hooks, and harmonies into their sound. But if this idea doesn't come to pass, I won't sweat it; I'll just keep going to the "Other Music Styles" thread. Let's face it, we already have Modern Rock/Metal Section; it's just a matter of do we want to officially label it that or not.

Agree its mostly modern rock - but then again most of the 'modern' rock this year is absolutely killer :tumbsup:

Everyone should go to 'other Music Styles' and listen. If you like Harem Scarem, then the likelihood is that you will like Ra's new album due out soon - but how many will really check it out??

Just my 2 cents.

Yea for Modern rock !

It's a yes from me, modern rock to have a dedicated section.

So far it's 2 votes yes and 0 votes no.

Do you have a counting problem? :lol:

I count like 6 yes votes to 0 no votes. I'll be yes vote #7. :rofl2:

I have no interest in melodic rock but whatever brings in more users. I'm a yes.

I have no interest in melodic rock but whatever brings in more users. I'm a yes.

Then why are you here? This is the home of Melodic Rock!!

Lol, fkn autocorrect. No interest in modern.....see I never type it which is why it auto corrected, correctly I guess to melodic.

Lol, fkn autocorrect. No interest in modern.....see I never type it which is why it auto corrected, correctly I guess to melodic.

:lol::rofl:

Yeah almost zero interest to modern rock and metal but a new sub-forum will be harmless and probably a few dig this so well yes from me too

As someone who prefers Hard Rock but not AOR or Melodic. I'd vote to group them like this:

AOR / Melodic Rock

Modern / Hard Rock

Bands like Hinder and Halestorm are very different from bands like H.E.A.T. and Harem Scarem, yet they're all in the same section.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• just heard another snippet and it sounds identical again. I'll give this a go for sure but this dudes songs all sound the same. it's a bit weird 
    • From Frontiers: BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the signing of BLACK ROSE MAZE, a new project centered around the talents of the awesome Canadian singer Rosa Laricchiuta. Rosa Laricchiuta is a singer, songwriter, and performer from Montreal, Quebec. After several years cutting her teeth with live shows, she auditioned for the third season (2015) of "La Voix", Quebec's version of the popular TV show "The Voice”. Rosa had an instant connection with the legendary francophone rocker Éric Lapointe and chose him as her coach. Rosa showed a solid stage presence, with remarkable intensity and a voice so powerful, it sent her straight to the Grand Finale where she shared the stage with Def Leppard, Kelly Clarkson, Jean Leloup, and her idol, Melissa Etheridge. She left a lasting impression as she won over millions of viewers who named her the new "it" Quebec female rocker. She then released one album in the Quebec market before beginning work on her first English language album in 2016. That album, “Free" was released the following year and at the end of the year, she joined the popular American band Trans-Siberian Orchestra for their annual mega tour of the United States. Rosa was then brought to the attention of Frontiers by none other than fellow Trans-Siberian Orchestra bandmates and now labelmates, Dino Jelusic (Animal Drive) and Jeff Scott Soto. Rosa will now front her very own hard rock project and will be working diligently on it over the next few months. Stay tuned for more news as it becomes available. https://www.facebook.com/Blackrosemaze/   Some songs from her 'Free' EP.          
    • Lmao. Obama had both houses in the hands of the GOP. Trump ha had the benefit of having both houses and still has to make shit up of things his administration has accomplished.  It's sad that some fellow worshipers of the greatest music ever are ignorant buffoons. Glad to see there are some intelligent people too.   
    • Just watching Police academy 4 and this song came on, and I forgot how much I loved it. Back in the day when this movie came out I bought the soundtrack vinyl and as someone who was only just dipping his toe into rock at the time, and listened to a lot of pop I loved this album. Listening to this song now, it gives me a cool lightweight AOR vibe, which is weird considering when I just looked this band up they are actually a country rock band, yet no signs of country on this one. Autograph and Loverboy come to mind for similarity.  
    • greed,very much in the vein(not as good as) Wild Rose and last years  Odyssey Desperado,very safe but why oh why make a lyric video when the lyricas are so silly? Is it just to emphasise it?
    • lol @ the lyrics. This reminds me of that recent band that had very bad lyrics and cool melodies. But it's cool like those bands like Wild Rose, and others I can't think of at the moment. The one that starts with an L? Who knows... but it's nice safe melodic rock with silly lyrics. 
    • And here it is... it's on now?! Oh well, here it is. One of the coolest songs I've been enjoying in 2018, and probably AW's best song to date;  
    • I don't know where we've been posting about new releases from these guys through the years, but they've been churning them out at a decent level. There's a cool tune on the new album referencing this dream of theirs; that they're not in it for success but for the love of the music. Anyway... They haven't been setting my world alight, and no album compares to their debut, but they're okay. Anyway, the new mini-album (7 tracks) is mostly more of the same. But there is one song that has actually set my 2018 playlist on fire, which I think a lot of people here would like.  And, just found out it's not on youtube.   But it's called 'Get It On' and I'll try to post it when it's available. Get your ears on it if you can. It actually may appeal to the synthwave fans here... not that it's a synthwave song. But it's well off the AW beaten track... but in a great way.  This song is quite fine too, though, just to have something to post;  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.