New CINDER ROAD Song

LV KIX

Could've used a bigger chorus if I'm being totally honest, but I like this band and this is a cool song. I was delighted to hear 'Should've known better' as the opening song on their myspace site and stayed with that one for a while. :wub: Goddamn I love that song. This new one's good, but I hope the ones on the new album are better... which I will be checking out regardless.

Geoff... You'll be happy to know that "Should've Known Better" is the current single from Cinder Road. I agree with you that it should have been the first single released... but at least it was finally released as a single. It is doing really well as far as airplay goes.

You'll also be happy to know that from what I have heard... there are much better songs then the one on the myspace page for the upcoming release. Also, keep in mind that the new song up there now isn't the final product... it is still in demo form. So don't give up on that tune yet. :lol:

Haha... thanks mate. Yeah, it's a good tune... don't get me wrong. But I'd love to hear it turn out great! :D

When you say 'Should've know better' is getting good airplay, are we talking main radio stations... in the top 40 charts and stuff? Wow, good on 'em.

Both mainstream and college stations. All the stations around here are playing it... Then again, it is their hometown though.

• 2 months later...

For anyone interested.... A new song has been posted on the Cinder Road myspage page.

Enjoy.... :bananamac:

For anyone interested.... A new song has been posted on the Cinder Road myspage page.

Does being interested stop 'Should've known better' from playing over the new song? :lol: Seriously, when I open up their myspace page that song starts and when I click on the new song ('Number one fan' is it?) it just plays in the background at 10% the volume of 'Should've known better' which doesn't skip a beat. HAHA!

Does being interested stop 'Should've known better' from playing over the new song? :lol: Seriously, when I open up their myspace page that song starts and when I click on the new song ('Number one fan' is it?) it just plays in the background at 10% the volume of 'Should've known better' which doesn't skip a beat. HAHA!

Same problem I had trying to listen to the first new song. I got tired of fucking with it...

Am I the only one that found Superhuman a little average??!

A few outstanding tracks, but also a few fillers??

Looking forward to hearing this new track tho.

Not even close to average...not a single filler on the disc imo. One of the best albums I was introduced to (thank you Tesla) in 2008.

Not even close to average...not a single filler on the disc imo. One of the best albums I was introduced to (thank you Tesla) in 2008.

'Get In Get Out' was the only really horrid song on the disc. The rest was good to great. Solid disc. I enjoyed it.

'Get In Get Out' was the only really horrid song on the disc. The rest was good to great. Solid disc. I enjoyed it.

And for saying that song is horrid I must ask you if you have been eating paint chips?

Am I the only one that found Superhuman a little average? A few outstanding tracks, but also a few fillers? Looking forward to hearing this new track tho....

Not even close to average...not a single filler on the disc...One of the best albums I was introduced to (thank you Tesla) in 2008.

And for saying that song is horrid I must ask you if you have been eating paint chips?

Only if there are paint chips on Matt's dic...uh, never mind.

On topic, I thought the whole Cinder Road album was really good, and while "Get in, get out" veered a little into filler territory, it was good filler.

Any chance they stick as openers for Tesla? Would love to see that!

Please God..........NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your fuckin nuts man...this band is awesome and was as good as Tesla live.

Backed. Unfortunately the opener is Pop Evil - at least for the St Paul show.

Not being a fan of Cinder Road's, I'm not disappointed in this. And, other than the fact that I heard their onstage "rap" is actually way too close to "rap", I like their music. At least what I've heard.

I'm seeing them next week (and probably a few weeks after that), provided that the onstage banter doesn't drive me completely bonkers.

(If it does, as much as I dislike Cinder Road, I might actually have to wish for them, or better yet, a cal back to Podunk, PODUNK, to be openers again. They had to be one of the best opening acts that not only I've ever seen, but all the other people I went with as well. LOVE their music. I'd love another Podunk CD. And opening slot for Tesla!)

Um..Not to change the subject :whistle: But where can I get a cool avatar like you have? :tumbsup:

Am I the only one that found Superhuman a little average? A few outstanding tracks, but also a few fillers? Looking forward to hearing this new track tho....

Not even close to average...not a single filler on the disc...One of the best albums I was introduced to (thank you Tesla) in 2008.

Only if there are paint chips rich in iron and good taste in music.

On topic, I thought the whole Cinder Road album was really good, and while "Get in, get out" veered a little into filler territory, it was good filler.

Thanks Mark, I knew you'd come through for me. Seriously, that song sucks but the album is good.

• 5 months later...

A few new tunes added since I last posted. I believe they are in demo form. I've heard maybe 12 to 15 of the new songs so far. Seems as if it may now be an late fall early winter release for a new Cinder Road CD. Seems as if they have nearly 30 songs written and it appears as if they want to record each and every one of them. Then... from those recorded demos pick the best 10 or 12 and re-record them for a new release.

http://www.myspace.com/cinderroad

I hope they post the song "Who Needs Luck" pretty soon... I think it will make the new release for sure.

• 1 year later...

WOW... It has been a long time since I've posted here.

The newest Cider Road release will be called "Damage Control" and should be out fairly soon. There are a couple new songs on their myspace page. This should be a great release. I will be going to see them in about a week... I'll let you know what I find out.

The newest Cider Road release will be called "Damage Control" and should be out fairly soon. There are a couple new songs on their myspace page. This should be a great release. I will be going to see them in about a week... I'll let you know what I find out.

Dude, that would be awesome! Been waiting for this one for a while. On a side note, after re-reading the posts in this thread...all I can do is apologize.

Dude, that would be awesome! Been waiting for this one for a while. On a side note, after re-reading the posts in this thread...all I can do is apologize.

On one hand, I do like Cinder Road, including Geoff's favorite track "Get In Get Out". On the other hand, I did like the post "my dad can beat up your dad". All in fun!!

• 2 months later...

So... uh, the new album? Anyone else digging it? I think it's excellent stuff, probably even stronger than the debut. 'It hurts' is easily one of the best melodic rock songs of 2010. There are a few Nickleback / Saving Abel / Hinder styled hard rockers which sound a little too much like they're trying to be someone else on the radio, but they're all decent songs. Where I think these guys really shine is the more melodic/commercial stuff... which there is thankfully plenty of on this CD. Surprised there's not more here on this disc... easily one of the frontrunners in modern rock this year, imo.

So... uh, the new album? Anyone else digging it? I think it's excellent stuff, probably even stronger than the debut. 'It hurts' is easily one of the best melodic rock songs of 2010. There are a few Nickleback / Saving Abel / Hinder styled hard rockers which sound a little too much like they're trying to be someone else on the radio, but they're all decent songs. Where I think these guys really shine is the more melodic/commercial stuff... which there is thankfully plenty of on this CD. Surprised there's not more here on this disc... easily one of the frontrunners in modern rock this year, imo.

Is it released yet? Ive heard a few songs on You Tube etc.

Sounds good. To be honest I wasnt the biggest fan 'Superhuman' aside from one or two stunners.

Is it released yet? Ive heard a few songs on You Tube etc.

Sounds good. To be honest I wasnt the biggest fan 'Superhuman' aside from one or two stunners.

Been out for ages mate:

http://www.cinderroadmusic.com/merch

au$16 delivered to Australia... not bad. Good disc, worth a go. Where's Dave at, plugging the hell out of this one? :lol:

au$16 delivered to Australia... not bad. Good disc, worth a go. Where's Dave at, plugging the hell out of this one? :lol:

I was plugging this long ago... :popcorn:

Where were you...?

Anyway, I actually forgot to plug it once it had been released since I had been listening to my advanced copy for so long. I agree, this is at least as strong as the Cinder Road debut. I may be heading to see them this week,they are playing at the beach. Always love a reason to hit the beach. :beerbang:

Where were you...?

Anyway, I actually forgot to plug it once it had been released since I had been listening to my advanced copy for so long. I agree, this is at least as strong as the Cinder Road debut. I may be heading to see them this week,they are playing at the beach. Always love a reason to hit the beach. :beerbang:

Isn't "the weekend" or "finished work early" two good enough reasons? They suit me fine. :)

And yeah, I remember you plugging it forever but then when it came out no one knew about it. Tell them, Dave, that they must buy it or you'll stab their eyes and face and mouths.

Where were you...?

Isn't "the weekend" or "finished work early" two good enough reasons? They suit me fine. :)

And yeah, I remember you plugging it forever but then when it came out no one knew about it. Tell them, Dave, that they must buy it or you'll stab their eyes and face and mouths.

Actually... If they don't buy it I'm gonna send them to Australia to watch you surf naked in the bathtub.

~ Well, that should help sales.... :whistle: