F**K the world!

SamboraRocks86

Why is this thread on page 5? Can someone enlighten me? :blink:

Because we are all loving and careing individuals!!

And stupid!! :)

i didnt even want replies, i wanted to let off some steam

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>> nothings definite in life, i know that....but my point about dad being a musician wasnt to have his contacts, but his expereince. and im only trying to be a BACKING MUSICIAN, not much more, sure ill aim to be a big famous rockstar, but ill do the shit jobs to pay the bills.

i was called a sellout on here for wanting to do covers, but if you want to make money from music you have to take whatever gig there is right? <<

But you seem to think that because your father did it you can also - that it's just going to happen because your path has already been paved. "Rockstar" or backing musician, it just does NOT work that way. I, for one, DON'T think you're a sellout for wanting to play covers, especially if you want to be a sideman because that's essentially what you'll be doing, playing covers. Learn to play as many different styles as you can get out there and do it live as much as possible. Just don't act as if you deserve to be a fulltime musician.

>> i know i seem arrogant, but we've been through this for 5 months, and interestingly....Jez always finishes with "dont ask me for any more advice in future, cause i wont reply" yet he ALWAYS give me his opinion next time round <<

If I recall correctly Jez started out trying to HELP you but you never took him seriously or acted too full of it and too know it all so he got fed up with you. Listen to the guy, he lives near you. He's in a cover band, he could probably hook you up with some local people to help broaden your playing and your views. I think (might be wrong) that he offered to bring you up onstage to play a song a while back, right? Even if you think the guy is a twatwaffle some of the time take him up on his offers, listen to what he has to say. The guy MUST know the local music scene pretty well because the fucker's never gotten anywhere! (LOL Just messin with ya Jez)

>> and i never asked for a taste of reality, im sick of reality already, i want to try and ignore reality for a little while longer and enjoy being a kid for awhile, atleast until i turn 18 next year. <<

Hey, I've been sick of reality forever and I'm in my late 60's (both Wotty and me are ...) but on one hand it seems as if you already want to be treated like an adult but slip back into "I'm a kid" mode when the pressure's too rough. There's nothing wrong with being 17 and having drive and determination ... just listen to what those who are experienced have to say.

Everyone here (for the most part) is on your side still and you know that if you just HAPPENED to somehow step into a Robbie Williams gig, whether it be tomorrow or in 4 years most of us are gonna be proud of ya but stop acting like you already have it all down, okay?

thanks Manicego, i appreciate the post and youve made some interesting points.

i didnt intentionally act like im guaranteed to be a musician, cause im not...but im determined as hell....and i think that its better to tell yourself you're gonna do it than to think "well ill try but the chances are against me and ill probably fail anyway"...

the first time Jez helped me i didnt want his, or anyones, advice....i didnt want to talk about it on here but it just ended up that way. that was the first time though and afterwards i did listen to everyones advice. but right at the minute im not really in the best mood most of the time anyway,due to the reasons outlined in the original post, so i apologize.....i dont mean to be so "fuck you all" about it.

and he did offer to get me onstage for a song, when i accepted he said that the boss wouldnt let me....so nothing ever happened.

but youguys havent actually done what i want to do.....if you have then you wouldnt have taken the piss out of tuxedos and cruise ships, because thats the job im after.

:doh:

Good ain't it mate!! :lol:

what? you take the piss out of the area of music that i plan on doing and then expect me to take you seriously when you offer me advice on my music career?

Unless you have a big shift in your mindset in regards to being arrogant and ignorant {to which you are being at the minute} to some very good advice,I can see a similar ending happening here with the career you have chosen and that of another well known cruise ship called the Titanic.

Of course, follow your dreams but do it in a mature way and take those blinkers off first, to see and to plan for any pitfalls that lay waiting, because those who are arrogant, will not see them coming and those who are ignorant, will not know they are coming and trust me, they are there waiting for the very naive.

but youguys havent actually done what i want to do.....if you have then you wouldnt have taken the piss out of tuxedos and cruise ships, because thats the job im after.

:doh:

Good ain't it mate!! :lol:

what? you take the piss out of the area of music that i plan on doing and then expect me to take you seriously when you offer me advice on my music career?

Unless you have a big shift in your mindset in regards to being arrogant and ignorant {to which you are being at the minute} to some very good advice,I can see a similar ending happening here with the career you have chosen and that of another well known cruise ship called the Titanic.

Of course, follow your dreams but do it in a mature way and take those blinkers off first, to see and to plan for any pitfalls that lay waiting, because those who are arrogant, will not see them coming and those who are ignorant, will not know they are coming and trust me, they are there waiting for the very naive.

im trying not to be arrogant, my posts probably come off that way but most of the time im just offering my own opinion on it...

towards the end of the day i get frustrated, not because of these threads but usually something else....like yet another girl asking me if im insane when i ask them out (seriously, how fucking annoying is that?!)

im just angsty this month, i mean you guys are replying to a thread about my frustration and expect me to not get arrogant when i was frustrated in the first place?

although ive been better lately...

but i apologize, i dont mean to be arrogant, but when im told to get a job i give my reasoning for not getting a job...its not thatim not listening, im just offering my view of the situation.

i was called a sellout on here for wanting to do covers, but if you want to make money from music you have to take whatever gig there is right?

if you are referring to my earlier comments, once agin you have got it completely wrong.

I never said you were a sell-out for wanting to do covers.... I said that if you are comparing someone wanting to do originals and someone wanting to do covers then in my opinion the 'wannabe' is the person doing covers.

the whole point I was trying to get across was in regards to your comments about people wanting to do originals are wannabe rockstars.

your post trashed people that didn't want to play in your cover band. in my opinion I have more respect for those people wanting to persue their originals. By all means, do all the covers you want... but trashing someone else becasue they want to do originals just makes you look completely arrogant and ignorant.

believe it or not... the world is not against you. to me it seems that YOU want to believe that it is, and want to recruit others into your battle.

>> i didnt intentionally act like im guaranteed to be a musician, cause im not...but im determined as hell....and i think that its better to tell yourself you're gonna do it than to think "well ill try but the chances are against me and ill probably fail anyway"... <<

Well, I do agree with you in that if you don't believe in yourself, noone else will. Just pay attention to how you present that, whether it's face to face with someone or on a public message board.

i was called a sellout on here for wanting to do covers, but if you want to make money from music you have to take whatever gig there is right?

if you are referring to my earlier comments, once agin you have got it completely wrong.

I never said you were a sell-out for wanting to do covers.... I said that if you are comparing someone wanting to do originals and someone wanting to do covers then in my opinion the 'wannabe' is the person doing covers.

the whole point I was trying to get across was in regards to your comments about people wanting to do originals are wannabe rockstars.

your post trashed people that didn't want to play in your cover band. in my opinion I have more respect for those people wanting to persue their originals. By all means, do all the covers you want... but trashing someone else becasue they want to do originals just makes you look completely arrogant and ignorant.

believe it or not... the world is not against you. to me it seems that YOU want to believe that it is, and want to recruit others into your battle.

i wasnt referring to you, i dont remember who made that sellout comment.

>> i didnt intentionally act like im guaranteed to be a musician, cause im not...but im determined as hell....and i think that its better to tell yourself you're gonna do it than to think "well ill try but the chances are against me and ill probably fail anyway"... <<

Well, I do agree with you in that if you don't believe in yourself, noone else will. Just pay attention to how you present that, whether it's face to face with someone or on a public message board.

face to face im alot better, on here its hard to covney feeling in the posts.....my posts can be taken as debate, or tryna start a flamefest, depending how you wanna see it....well the initial posts, then i get aggravated and end up just going for it.....but im not the only one with a temper...

I get back from my hols and find this hilarious thread!!

I can't see why you feel the need to 'vent your anger' on a forum.

You'll find as you grow older that life can suck at times for all of us, but you just have to get on with it.

Life is what you make it.

I get back from my hols and find this hilarious thread!!

I can't see why you feel the need to 'vent your anger' on a forum.

You'll find as you grow older that life can suck at times for all of us, but you just have to get on with it.

Life is what you make it.

heh heh, i feel alot better since i did make this thread, i had to tell someone and since everyones ignoring me....i couldnt...

i just had to get it out of my system, have some outside opinions, and even though some were harsh, i guess it worked :tumbsup:

now im more excited than depressed, got my big gig coming up, got my best friend who lives in London to go, and im just generally stoked about it!!

What happened to guitar teching ??

And what courses are you thinking of doing?

you wont believe this, but we ended up celebrating mine and my nephews birthday the day of that gig -_-

i was so pissed off, but it was the only day we could do it...the annoying thing is Jim from Bombay Black bought me aload of Big Red chewing gum cause its american, and he brought it over with him just to take it back to the states....he was also gonna give me a copy of the new album. and i swear on my mother thats not bullshit, i was gonna tech at zrock :crying:

but saying that, i went and met a keyboard player that night thats helping me get my career off the ground, so i guess it worked out alright in the end...

as for courses, i wanna learn Jazz Guitar, Music Theory and Sound Engineering, i really like mixing and producing so i wanna learn to do it properly.

i have over 100 friends on Myspace, you would ATLEAST think that people would talk to me on there -_-

Sadly I have completely missed this thread but lol'd at this.

What happened to guitar teching ??

And what courses are you thinking of doing?

you wont believe this, but we ended up celebrating mine and my nephews birthday the day of that gig -_-

i was so pissed off, but it was the only day we could do it...the annoying thing is Jim from Bombay Black bought me aload of Big Red chewing gum cause its american, and he brought it over with him just to take it back to the states....he was also gonna give me a copy of the new album. and i swear on my mother thats not bullshit, i was gonna tech at zrock :crying:

but saying that, i went and met a keyboard player that night thats helping me get my career off the ground, so i guess it worked out alright in the end...

as for courses, i wanna learn Jazz Guitar, Music Theory and Sound Engineering, i really like mixing and producing so i wanna learn to do it properly.

But what happened to the Gum? :whistle:

• 6 months later...

wow, was i one angst ridden teenager 6 months ago or what!!!

seriously, i chilled out somewhere along the line....did anyone else notice? :P

looking back, all my prospects that i talked about in this thread crumbled, lost the audition, band fell apart, the gig never happened, hardly saw my best friend that year but oh well....i dont really care now :P

its weird, i didnt even get angry when i re-read this thread.....ok i did, but yknow whos posts pissed me off the most? Mine!!

nothings happened in my life over the last 6 months, but the few things that have happened have reassured me that it can only get better....i also discovered Jack Daniels in the time since this thread was active, maybe that had something to do with it :unsure: and getting laid definitely chilled me out :P

oh yeah, and i think im in love :wub:

so this seems random enough, but after reading this i thought i should give an update to show the contrast from last year.....also, all the people i pissedoff can see that ive changed, as it is ithink that Jez and i are on speaking terms, arent we?

looking back, all my prospects that i talked about in this thread crumbled, lost the audition, band fell apart, the gig never happened, hardly saw my best friend that year but oh well....i dont really care now :P

its weird, i didnt even get angry when i re-read this thread.....ok i did, but yknow whos posts pissed me off the most? Mine!!

nothings happened in my life over the last 6 months, but the few things that have happened have reassured me that it can only get better....i also discovered Jack Daniels in the time since this thread was active, maybe that had something to do with it :unsure: and getting laid definitely chilled me out :P

so this seems random enough, but after reading this i thought i should give an update to show the contrast from last year.....also, all the people i pissedoff can see that ive changed, as it is ithink that Jez and i are on speaking terms, arent we?

I'm on speaking terms with everyone as far as I know, unless there is something I don't know about. :unsure:

I'm on speaking terms with everyone as far as I know, unless there is something I don't know about. :unsure:

you know what i mean! i mean "friendly" speaking terms :P

Even Matt... after what he's been saying about you?

Oh 'Power Mad' Matt! - Good god no. ;)

oh i forgot about him....nah, no-one likes Matt :)

Whenever I'm feeling blue... I try to start breathing again :whistle:

oh i forgot about him....nah, no-one likes Matt :)

This is true.