glam_junkie

Joel Ellis accuses Jon Bon Jovi of stealing his song!

atleast Bon Jovi's CDs all sound different! country or not, they havent been playing the same, galloping riffs for the last 30 years.

But Maiden invented that sound so they can play it all they want.

And all of Maiden albums don't sound the same. Listen to them all and get back to me.

all the singles do though...

"Aces High" sounds like "Run to the Hills"? In what universe?

"Can I Play with Madness" sounds like "Wicker Man"? I don't think so.

Yes some of their songs do sound similar but that's why they call it a "Signature Sound". :whistle:

maybe, i call it cashing in on what worked to make more hits, reusing the same old formula...

still, im theone that lieks Lost Highway because it sounds so different to their earlier stuff....so ill always take diversity over signature sound personally...

Cashing in? You do realise that Iron Maiden has never had a real hit single, well at least outside of the UK.

Besides "Run to Hills", which is the only song that radio ever plays, Maiden has hardly had any radio play in the US. All of their videos were only played on Headbangers Ball back in the day and not during daylight hours.

But they still sold gold and platinum in the US because of how awesome they are live, which is what makes a great band a great band. And for the record Maiden has never written or recorded an album in Nashville. :whistle:

Even Pantera went country at one stage didn't they... with Cowboys From Hell

Whatever the opposite of Country is that's what Cowboys from Hell was/is.

Dime & Vinnie did a project with David Allen Cole that was a kind of a strange mixture of Sothern Rock, Metal and Country. But they didn't call it Pantera, thank God. It was Rebel Meets Rebel.

atleast Bon Jovi's CDs all sound different! country or not, they havent been playing the same, galloping riffs for the last 30 years.

And all of Maiden albums don't sound the same. Listen to them all and get back to me.

Yes some of their songs do sound similar but that's why they call it a "Signature Sound". :whistle:

maybe, i call it cashing in on what worked to make more hits, reusing the same old formula...

still, im theone that lieks Lost Highway because it sounds so different to their earlier stuff....so ill always take diversity over signature sound personally...

Cashing in? You do realise that Iron Maiden has never had a real hit single, well at least outside of the UK.

Besides "Run to Hills", which is the only song that radio ever plays, Maiden has hardly had any radio play in the US. All of their videos were only played on Headbangers Ball back in the day and not during daylight hours.

But they still sold gold and platinum in the US because of how awesome they are live, which is what makes a great band a great band. And for the record Maiden has never written or recorded an album in Nashville. :whistle:

No reponse yet........Hmmm.

That should finish that one then!! :)

No reponse yet........Hmmm.

That should finish that one then!! :)

Did he realise that I was right? :guitbannana:

Back to topic.... so I wonder if Joel is gonna post that track

Topic? What topic?

Oh yeah, Joel got his song stolen from Jon and Richie.

Yup that'd be nice if he did post it for the fans to see how close it does sound to what Jovi did.

Topic? What topic?

Yup that'd be nice if he did post it for the fans to see how close it does sound to what Jovi did.

I think he has to record it first... ;)

Topic? What topic?

I'm sure he has it somewhere on an old Maxell 90 minute cassette. :whistle:

Topic? What topic?

Apparently TDk had "the amazing difference"

Topic? What topic?

Apparently TDk had "the amazing difference"

Maybe if he'd recorded it on TDK he wouldn't be having this issue.

Topic? What topic?

:lol:

im actually kinda interested in wether or not JBJ did rip off this guys song....when every threadlike this turns into a Bon Jovi pisstake it gets tiresome..

do you guys not realise that this site is primarily about Hair Metal? a style that Bon Jovi were very well known for in the 80s....they are the only decentband of our genre that you guys constantly take the piss out of, just because theyve released a couple of crap albums lately..

well so have Europe, Poison and Warrant, you dont take the piss out of themEVERY time theyre mentioned though, do you?

ok, maybe you do on the Poison one

'A couple of crap albums lately' is pushing it a little!! - try Haven't done a really decent album since 'New Jersey' 20 years ago. That fits a little better I think.

Maybe thats when the scene changed and grunge and altenative entered the picture. They weren't able to rip off any more up and coming artist so they had to actually try and write their own music. :loser:

I may as well mention that 'Keep the faith' (1993) and 'These days' (1995) are two of Bon Jovi's best albums.

im actually kinda interested in wether or not JBJ did rip off this guys song....when every threadlike this turns into a Bon Jovi pisstake it gets tiresome..

do you guys not realise that this site is primarily about Hair Metal? a style that Bon Jovi were very well known for in the 80s....they are the only decentband of our genre that you guys constantly take the piss out of, just because theyve released a couple of crap albums lately..

well so have Europe, Poison and Warrant, you dont take the piss out of themEVERY time theyre mentioned though, do you?

'A couple of crap albums lately' is pushing it a little!! - try Haven't done a really decent album since 'New Jersey' 20 years ago. That fits a little better I think.

Maybe thats when the scene changed and grunge and altenative entered the picture. They weren't able to rip off any more up and coming artist so they had to actually try and write their own music. :loser:

I may as well mention that 'Keep the faith' (1993) and 'These days' (1995) are two of Bon Jovi's best albums.

I like both of those albums too but haven't cared for anything they've put out since.

I like both of those albums too but haven't cared for anything they've put out since.

They maybe a couple of good'ish albums, but that hardly makes them flawless master pieces does it!!. In fact, thinking about it, have they ever done a 100% flawless disc, even the 'S/T' (My fave) and 'Slippery' had a couple of clunkers.

I still rate 'Have a nice day' high but acknowledge they have been inconsistent as hell since 'These days'... I think it's a little exaggerated to say that 'New Jersey' was their last good album.

They maybe a couple of good'ish albums, but that hardly makes them flawless master pieces does it!!. In fact, thinking about it, have they ever done a 100% flawless disc, even the 'S/T' (My fave) and 'Slippery' had a couple of clunkers.

They haven't, but I doubt anyone's ever said they have. :) They were just a very good melodic rock band people like to pick on like big meanies.

And few bands have made flawless masterpeices. Bon Jovi have got a lot closer than most.

They haven't, but I doubt anyone's ever said they have. :) They were just a very good melodic rock band people like to pick on like big meanies.

And few bands have made flawless masterpeices. Bon Jovi have got a lot closer than most.

Did Slippery have filler? I don't know as much as I hate to admit that was really good album.

Did Slippery have filler? I don't know as much as I hate to admit that was really good album.

'Wild in the streets', 'Let it rock' and 'Social disease'.

s/t, 'New Jersey' and 'Keep the faith' kill this disc imo.

'Wild in the streets', 'Let it rock' and 'Social disease'.

s/t, 'New Jersey' and 'Keep the faith' kill this disc imo.

See I love those songs. And I probably listen to Faith, Jersey and even 7800(which I like better than the debut) more than I spin Slippery. Slippery was one of the first Hard Rock albums I heard and I've heard it so many times I'm kind of sick of it even though I still think it's a great album.

i like pretty much every song they did up till Keep The Faith, then the albums started having filler on them IMO

I'd say no, but who gives a fuck, especially considering the subject matter of the song?

I think the question is, how many of the songs they recorded, were actually written by them?

JBJ, you dirty old thief, you...

i think the question is, and im not just saying this because its Bon Jovi, how many people fell for this?

i mean, i havnet heard this original demo that was promised yet, have you?

I know nothing regarding these accusations and really never like Ellis' band either. But I will say one thing: Cats in Boots is, bar none, THE coolest name for a band within the genre ever!!!!!!!!!!