Freakshow

whiplash1972

VERY excited about this release gentlemen!! Imagine my surprise when I found an email from Frankie Banali asking if I'd be interested in releasing the Freakshow cd!!! Wow - and what a cd! I hope it gets in many top ten lists this year.

Retrospect Records was also voted as 2nd best AOR label in the world (right behind Frontiers) by Powerplay magazine too - did you see that!! I am really excited about whats happening this year - between getting Icon and Baton Rouge to re-unite for Rocklahoma and getting bands like Bai Bang and Mad Max (with Michael Voss) to come over to play Rocklahoma as well , AND another HUUUUGE piece of news concerning another big 80s AOR band that peeps haven't seen since 1986 - things are really looking up.

I'll do some more official announcements soon , but with the signing of bands like D'Molls , Fifth Angel and Bonfire - Retrospect Records may be finally earning some respect in the industry. I hope I have earned yours.

ROCK ON H.H.!!! :banger:

P.S. The art for Freakshow was all ready to go , Markus had it finished and sent me the files.

VERY excited about this release gentlemen!! Imagine my surprise when I found an email from Frankie Banali asking if I'd be interested in releasing the Freakshow cd!!! Wow - and what a cd! I hope it gets in many top ten lists this year.

Retrospect Records was also voted as 2nd best AOR label in the world (right behind Frontiers) by Powerplay magazine too - did you see that!! I am really excited about whats happening this year - between getting Icon and Baton Rouge to re-unite for Rocklahoma and getting bands like Bai Bang and Mad Max (with Michael Voss) to come over to play Rocklahoma as well , AND another HUUUUGE piece of news concerning another big 80s AOR band that peeps haven't seen since 1986 - things are really looking up.

I'll do some more official announcements soon , but with the signing of bands like D'Molls , Fifth Angel and Bonfire - Retrospect Records may be finally earning some respect in the industry. I hope I have earned yours.

P.S. The art for Freakshow was all ready to go , Markus had it finished and sent me the files.

Wow you've also signed D'Molls, Fifth Angel & Bonfire to the Retrospect Records label??!! Damn that's great!

I'm really looking forward to the Freakshow disc, it could be my most anticipated release for this year!

Congrats on everything Sam, and keep on rockin'!

I was wondering when you were gonna let those out of the bag. I'm pretty sure most will be highly impressed with some of the upcoming Retrospect signings. Keep it up Sam... If you are not careful, you may just have a reputation to live up to.

Looking forward to Rocklahoma... :headbanger:

• 4 weeks later...

As noted earlier, the guitars on "Everyone" are strikingly similar to "Somebody Save Me", but that doesn't take anything away from the song. I believe this is going to be a great album. I really liked all 3 songs on their MySpace page, especially "Mindgame".

:headbanger:

This Freakshow album was one of my most anicipated albums in a long time... and I got it through the mail this past weekend and I have to say that I'm not dissapointed! To put it plain and simple...this album just KICKS ASS!

Going to be right up there in my top album when the year comes to a close, that's for sure!