Hiding your addiction

cdjunky41

• My Little Pony

Thank christ I live alone, is all I have to say. At worst, buying a Cd today means I might have to live on beans on toast at the end of the month.

My situation is similar: At worst, buying a CD today means I might have to live in the garage for the rest of the month year.

:violin:

This is still the best thread.

:popcorn:

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK,

Here's my new delema. I usually go up to my loft every friday or saturday night and pound a few pints. This is the perfect time to listen to my newly aquired discs. The Wife is usually down stairs watching t.v. or on her Notebook. As I was opening one of my jewelcase packages (Taking the plastic off) I hear a "Is that a new c.d. I hear?" I look down and show her what I was opening.

So, now I not only have to sneak c.d.'s into my home, I now have to take the plastic off of them to not make a sound.

:doh:

The only thing I got going for me is She doesn't go upstairs. I'd really be screwed.. :aw:

• My Little Pony

OK,

Here's my new delema. I usually go up to my loft every friday or saturday night and pound a few pints. This is the perfect time to listen to my newly aquired discs. The Wife is usually down stairs watching t.v. or on her Notebook. As I was opening one of my jewelcase packages (Taking the plastic off) I hear a "Is that a new c.d. I hear?" I look down and show her what I was opening.

So, now I not only have to sneak c.d.'s into my home, I now have to take the plastic off of them to not make a sound.

The only thing I got going for me is She doesn't go upstairs. I'd really be screwed.. :aw:

Oh, this is priceless!

OK,

Oh, this is priceless!

The tell tale crinkling of cellophane...just make sure to have a bag or two of chips up there to "mask" the sound.

And it is priceless the things we do to fuel the obsession.

OK,

Oh, this is priceless!

The tell tale crinkling of cellophane...just make sure to have a bag or two of chips up there to "mask" the sound.

Sad Isn't it? grown men having to hide stuff that they buy. My wife doesn't tell/show me every shirt,pair of shoes etc. that she buys.

• My Little Pony

OK,

Oh, this is priceless!

Sad Isn't it? grown men having to hide stuff that they buy. My wife doesn't tell/show me every shirt,pair of shoes etc. that she buys.

And you should try confronting her about that. Then let us know how it goes.

Really sad. Money is a moot point in our house and the cause of a lot of rows. I don't think I'm 100% to blame, hence I'm happy to carry on 'hiding my obsession'. :tumbsup:

OK,

Oh, this is priceless!

LOL!!

• 2 weeks later...

OK,

Oh, this is priceless!

we all know how that would go :) I myself have no bother,my amazon account is even my wifes,so if I want a cd she has to order it :) she knows that music is all I want...apart from beer,football,sex etc :) Im a man,life is simple...most of the time,apart from lack of sleep at the minute with our newborn :)

I'm feeling quite hard done by. My missus is a really hard b*tch and doesn't let me get away with anything. I could

:explode:

• My Little Pony

I'm feeling quite hard done by. My missus is a really hard b*tch and doesn't let me get away with anything. I could

You, my friend, need a beer. Or six.

:drink:

i have a 4 drawer ikea dresser for my clothes,,, shana has a 5 drawer one,, plus a 14'x14' walk in closet.

okay admittedly, i do have maybe a dozen shirts hanging in one corner of the closet,, but those are the rare kind that dont have the sleeves hacked off...

so i dont even go in there unless we get a brutally cold winter day in the 50's

You, my friend, need an affair. Or six.

EFA

;)

After having tasted her Rocky Road (as it were), your dear lady wife can do very little wrong in my eyes ... I especialy appreciate her efforts to get me to take your entire CD collection home with me whenever we visit :rofl2:

Managed to get the new KISS album in the house last week undetected. Woohoo!

• My Little Pony

EFA

;)

Heh. Having an affair ain't gonna solve your problem.

Now all you have to do is squeeze a listen to it in when she leaves the house lol :)

EFA

;)

Heh. Having an affair ain't gonna solve your problem.

You speak from experience?

;)

It's so sad Isn't it?

It's so sad Isn't it?

It was killin' me when it came out on Oct. 9th, cuz I had planned to make a special trip to the Best Buy near my office for a first day copy, etc, etc. but as it turned out I ended up being off from work that day, stuck at home with the wife... and I couldn't come up wtih a decent excuse to tear myself away and run out to a store by myself... so it had to wait till I went back to work the following Monday. I'm sooooo f*ckin lame :rofl2:

Now all you have to do is squeeze a listen to it in when she leaves the house lol :)

That's not an issue... I hardly ever listen to music 'round the house anymore... it's almost always either in my car or at my desk at work.

It's so sad Isn't it?

It was killin' me when it came out on Oct. 9th, cuz I had planned to make a special trip to the Best Buy near my office for a first day copy, etc, etc. but as it turned out I ended up being off from work that day, stuck at home with the wife... and I couldn't come up wtih a decent excuse to tear myself away and run out to a store by myself... so it had to wait till I went back to work the following Monday. I'm sooooo f*ckin lame :rofl2:

That's not an issue... I hardly ever listen to music 'round the house anymore... it's almost always either in my car or at my desk at work.

That really SUCKS!

• My Little Pony

It's so sad Isn't it?

That really SUCKS!

That's so AWESOME!

OK,

Oh, this is priceless!

Don't do it man. You'll be facing the creature known as Female Logic and it's like the freaking Hydra - you think you've got it stopped then it just rears up again twice as mean.

• My Little Pony

OK,

Oh, this is priceless!

Don't do it man. You'll be facing the creature known as Female Logic and it's like the freaking Hydra - you think you've got it stopped then it just rears up again twice as mean.

Heh. Best line in a long minute!