Hiding your addiction

cdjunky41

I'm really getting quite sad in the methods that i will go to to feed my habit,i should be putting in a certain amount for petrol but i make sure i get a few dollars in change and i stash it away until i can go on a hunt.I have no shame.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really getting quite sad in the methods that i will go to to feed my habit,i should be putting in a certain amount for petrol but i make sure i get a few dollars in change and i stash it away until i can go on a hunt.I have no shame.

:rofl2:

That was funny Dave, exactly what I`ve done in the past

Well it happened,

I went back to work on Friday and when I got home, there was no package. I waited til 6:30 P.M. and still no package. I had to go out and buy a ticket for a show today. While I was gone, the package came. It was waiting for me on the dining room table. I did tell the Mrs that I was expecting a package from my friend. It did say CD BABY on it, but I told her that my friend bought them for me, due to the big order I sent him.

I didn't get yelled at and I'm not cruising to Divorce court. This was a serious close call..

Well it happened,

I went back to work on Friday and when I got home, there was no package. I waited til 6:30 P.M. and still no package. I had to go out and buy a ticket for a show today. While I was gone, the package came. It was waiting for me on the dining room table. I did tell the Mrs that I was expecting a package from my friend. It did say CD BABY on it, but I told her that my friend bought them for me, due to the big order I sent him.

I didn't get yelled at and I'm not cruising to Divorce court. This was a serious close call..

Ain't that typical, funny though

Well it happened,

Ain't that typical, funny though

Funny How?

Am I a Clown? I'm here to Amuse You?

What the Fuck is so Funny About Me?

;)

Oh the tangled web we weave for those lovely silver platters...

I find it amazing that your old ladies just don't look at the bank statements, but maybe I'm just lucky that my wife is just that observant...

She does. But there are ways...

I find it amazing that your old ladies just don't look at the bank statements, but maybe I'm just lucky that my wife is just that observant...

The Mrs and I have separate accounts, but I still have trouble getting them through the door..

The Mrs and I have separate accounts, but I still have trouble getting them through the door..

You need to buy a bunch of pairs of cargo pants, y'know, the ones with big pockets.....

You need to buy a bunch of pairs of cargo pants, y'know, the ones with big pockets.....

I do have army pants, but she'll want to know why I'm going up to The Decible Den, before i do anything else..

She goes to bed around 10 p.m., so thats when I sneek them in. :whistle:

I do have army pants, but she'll want to know why I'm going up to The Decible Den, before i do anything else..

She goes to bed around 10 p.m., so thats when I sneek them in. :whistle:

I f*ckin' love this thread!I take a bag to work every day, so it's pretty easy to smuggle stuff into the house. I just have to play games on the money side of things. Gets difficult when something I absolutely must have suddenly appears and there's no time to move money around (e.g. 'Headless Cross' for under a tenner). :D

Man I wish I could have my own account and not have to be accountable for every penny spent on those cursed cd's... I have to squirrel away pennies and then try and pay cash for everything, which is a bitch when I must have those new Stormspell releases.

Getting the discs inside is cake, as mentioned I always carry my murse (man purse) which can easily house 30 cd's in their cases and if they come by post I can get away with the "cool so and so finally sent that disc they promised" or now more recently the "for reveiw" story works amazingly well. :)

Happy hiding.

Man I wish I could have my own account and not have to be accountable for every penny spent on those cursed cd's... I have to squirrel away pennies and then try and pay cash for everything, which is a bitch when I must have those new Stormspell releases.

Getting the discs inside is cake, as mentioned I always carry my murse (man purse) which can easily house 30 cd's in their cases and if they come by post I can get away with the "cool so and so finally sent that disc they promised" or now more recently the "for reveiw" story works amazingly well. :)

Happy hiding.

Not a bad idea Terry :tumbsup:

I do bring a cooler bag to work. It can also store a lot of c.d.'s in the bag (praying she don't open it). As for me bringing c.d.'s with me to play, she knows I don't bring my originals to play in my car.

I'm also a creature of habit, if I do anything outside the norm, she question's it.. :(

Happy hiding.

I do bring a cooler bag to work. It can also store a lot of c.d.'s in the bag (praying she don't open it). As for me bringing c.d.'s with me to play, she knows I don't bring my originals to play in my car.

I'm also a creature of habit, if I do anything outside the norm, she question's it.. :(

She sounds like a tough lady. I share your pain.

Happy hiding.

She sounds like a tough lady. I share your pain.

That's why I call her the C.D. Nazi.. :jail:

I guess I am pretty lucky. My wife seems to be o.k. with my cd habit. I think if someone is responsible with their income (paying bills and saving for the future) no one should really be upset. Although if someone has multiple hobbies that drain the pocket book thats another story. I know people who will drop several grand on a part for their car. If I drop a few thousand dollars over the course of a year it shouldn't be a problem. Honestly I have only 2 hobbies. One costs me money the other doesn't. The latter just costs me a whole lot of time.

One thing that can possibly help is storage. My wife would probably be really upset if I had kept my cds out all over the place (creating clutter). We have a damn tall bed. All my cds are in storage tubs and kept under the bed. Our bed can fit a couple of thousand cds if organized right. If you were to walk into my house you wouldn't even think I liked any kind of music at all. Food for thought.

I guess I am pretty lucky. My wife seems to be o.k. with my cd habit. I think if someone is responsible with their income (paying bills and saving for the future) no one should really be upset. Although if someone has multiple hobbies that drain the pocket book thats another story. I know people who will drop several grand on a part for their car. If I drop a few thousand dollars over the course of a year it shouldn't be a problem. Honestly I have only 2 hobbies. One costs me money the other doesn't. The latter just costs me a whole lot of time.

One thing that can possibly help is storage. My wife would probably be really upset if I had kept my cds out all over the place (creating clutter). We have a damn tall bed. All my cds are in storage tubs and kept under the bed. Our bed can fit a couple of thousand cds if organized right. If you were to walk into my house you wouldn't even think I liked any kind of music at all. Food for thought.

What if the bed collapses? :yikes:

I do pay my bills, but I also have a Going to local rock concerts addiction (I know quite a few people in metal bands). Since the Warden doesn't like concerts, I go by myself (I have a better time without her).

I'm not responsible at all. I've been in debt a few times, so she doesn't trust me and she's probably right not to. My excuse is that I get very little spending money, but it doesn't wash with her.

Might be alright if it was only CDs, but there's also beer and football I need to spend money on...

I'm not irresponsible with the dough I make for the family, in fact I am frugal to the nth degree.

And why can't I have 100 square feet of the 2500+ square foot house for me? I mean, the living room, bedrooms, kitchen, etc... all are free of my influence...

Got a few discs for fathers day yesterday and my better half just rolled her eyes and said, "YEA!".

I'm not irresponsible with the dough I make for the family, in fact I am frugal to the nth degree.

And why can't I have 100 square feet of the 2500+ square foot house for me? I mean, the living room, bedrooms, kitchen, etc... all are free of my influence...

Got a few discs for fathers day yesterday and my better half just rolled her eyes and said, "YEA!".

Our wives must be related.. :whistle:

• 3 months later...

Thank christ I live alone, is all I have to say. At worst, buying a Cd today means I might have to live on beans on toast at the end of the month.

My situation is similar: At worst, buying a CD today means I might have to live in the garage for the rest of the month year.

:violin: