Def Leppard and Taylor Swift

Fat Freddy

let me start out by saying I really like Taylor Swift a lot. I think her album is fantastic. With that said I kind of dread seeing her do this. Everytime I've seen her live on tv she sounds like her nerves have gotten the best of her and her voice is shakey, very shakey. I can imagine her on stage with the Leps singing songs that are not her's and how shakey her voice could get.

Very true. I've seen her perform live on a couple of awards shows and her voice is nowhere near as strong as it is on record. I wonder how much of her sound is "studio magic"

As for 'studio magic'....I truly have no clue....but the simple fact that the girl WROTE all of her own songs is monumental in my book. Oh....and I don't know many singers who don't use a litte 'studio magic' every now and again.....

It doesn't surprise me about Def Leppard......and it doesn't 'scare' me, etc. It truly seems that they have been...for the last 10 years or so trying to mimic Bon Jovi a bit...as far as those things are concerned. And mixing it up with the Country crowd follows suit.....

I didn't know she wrote all of her songs. Big respect for that since you dont see that to often in Nashville. :tumbsup:

As for the Leps trying to mimic Jovi I couldn't agree more. :tumbsup:

one of her big hits, OUR SONG, she wrotein 9th grade fro a talent show

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meant to post this while this discussion was going on. This is Taylor at the most recent CMT Awards show. Just get past the nervous / off key intro to the song and she absolutely kills. Actually sounds a good bit like a Def Leppard song that her verrrrrry emo looking band is playing.

And supposedly the last chorus bit she does (watch and you'll see ...) was all her idea.

Taylor Swift kicking ass

This ain't yer grandpappy's country ... that's fer sure.

Meant to post this while this discussion was going on. This is Taylor at the most recent CMT Awards show. Just get past the nervous / off key intro to the song and she absolutely kills. Actually sounds a good bit like a Def Leppard song that her verrrrrry emo looking band is playing.

Yea, what's up with all the country singin' gals being backed up by emo lookin' bands all of a sudden? Carrie Underwood's "backing band" in her new video looks pretty emo too... even the fiddle player. Are Emos even allowed to know what a fiddle IS? :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zok3tTtqkoI

Just saw this on Blabbermouth... man, this is a combo that I never would've imagined in a million years :blink:

DEF LEPPARD To Team Up With 18-Year-Old Country Singer For 'CMT Crossroads' - July 1, 2008

Great Britain's premiere arena rock band and one of country music's hottest stars will come together for another episode of "CMT Crossroads". "CMT Crossroads: Def Leppard And Taylor Swift" premieres Friday, Nov. 8 on CMT.

Before an invitation-only audience in Nashville in October, Swift will join her all-time favorite rock band on stage for a night that is sure to be a memorable one for the young star.

"Every time I've seen 'Crossroads' on CMT I've always thought, 'If I ever get to do one of those, it HAS to be with DEF LEPPARD!,' so this is really a dream come true for me," says Swift. "I have been screaming the words to DEF LEPPARD songs for years so it's amazing that I'm going to get to share a stage with them this year!"

"How cool is this?! Country's hottest young star wanting to work with us!!" says DEF LEPPARD's Joe Elliott.

DEF LEPPARD and Taylor Swift join an elite group of performers who have taped "CMT Crossroads", which pairs country music stars with popular artists from other genrespop, rock, R&B to play together, swap stories, and share their common love of music. Previous episodes of "Crossroads" have included Lindsey Buckingham and LITTLE BIG TOWN; BON JOVI and SUGARLAND; John Fogerty and Keith Urban; Kelly Clarkson and Reba McEntire; Joss Stone and LeAnne Rimes; Robert Plant and Alison Krauss; and most recently MAROON 5 and Sara Evans.

Maybe Def Leppard should go country, they are afraid to rock anymore, That last cd they put out was crap. I will not buy another def leppard cd. They havent had anything good out since hysteria.

• 3 months later...

I'll probably be watching this... the wife likes Taylor, and I (sorta) like Def Leppard... though I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up that I'll be hearing much from the HIGH-N-DRY era...

Obviously I'll be TiVo'ing this one!

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. After Pyromania, I'm pretty sure the entire band were voluntarily neutered. I don't mind the odd ballad, but these guys are the undisputed kings of the wimpiest, wussiest, suckiest, limpest sounding crap around today. It's sad to see what the pursuit of the almighty buck will do to once-respected rockers. Is a duet with that faggy Timberlake dipshit far off? And fuck Aerosmith, too with that Run DMC bullshit and prancing about at the Super Bowl with pinheads like 'N Stync and Shitney Spears. How much did Def Leppard and Aerosmith get for their soul anyway?

a few thought:

the BEST crossroads yet. maybe because I love both artist but man, that was great.

Joe surprised me. he really took the time to learn the Taylor Swift songs. sung way more that I ever would have thought.

Is Taylor just hot or what?

I think Taylor should write the next Lep album. Joe sounded good on her songs and it would have to be better than what they have given us as of late.

Taylor sounded the best Live that I've ever heard her.

Caught the last half of it... it was OK... and yes, Taylor is frickin hotter than Dutch Love. :lol:

a few thought:

the BEST crossroads yet. maybe because I love both artist but man, that was great.

Joe surprised me. he really took the time to learn the Taylor Swift songs. sung way more that I ever would have thought.

Is Taylor just hot or what?

I think Taylor should write the next Lep album. Joe sounded good on her songs and it would have to be better than what they have given us as of late.

Taylor sounded the best Live that I've ever heard her.

Spot on......my wife and I were enjoying and smiling during the whole show. Taylor is such a 'down to earth', sweet girl and we just love her! And you're 100% right...when Joe Elliot sang her songs he sounded good. Also, I really wouldn't mind seeing Taylor cover their songs on her next album...that would be cool!

I didn't get a chance to catch the show, but watched a few clips on CMT.com this morning. A few thoughts:

1) Song selection (Lep tunes) was pretty boring & predictable...though I really liked Hysteria.

2) Taylor Swift has one weak ass voice. She was barely audible over the band at times. Or maybe it was just a shitty mixing job.

3) Def Leppard, in particular Joe, sounded great. I was shocked at how well his voice sounded. High notes were not a problem for a change.

4) Man, she's one good lookin' chick.

Does anyone have a complete song list from the show? Maybe what I saw on CMT.com was incomplete.

Saw this tonight.. Not all that bad honestly.. I much prefer Taylor Swift singing Def Leppard tunes more than Def Leppard singing Taylor Swift tunes... That being said?? She didn't do too bad with Hysteria, or, Pour Some Sugar on Me, and that suprized Me.....

As far as the Def Leppard tunes they did?? If memory serves it was..

Photograph, Hysteria, When Love and Hate Collide, and Pour Some Sugar on Me.... I think that was all of em.....

• 4 weeks later...

Taylor Swift is gay and Def Leppard are gay at the moment.

I am saddened by the fact that they finally released an album of originals that truly sucked.

Taylor Swift is gay

I would like to see video evidence of that. Hotcha hotcha!! :wub:

Taylor Swift is gay

I would like to see video evidence of that. Hotcha hotcha!! :wub:

:lol: I think I just remembered the rest of this thread now. She's a lady, hey? :lol: I thought she was a dude when I typed that. Def Leppard's 'Sparkle' CD is still a peice of shit though. :)

:lol: I think I just remembered the rest of this thread now. She's a lady, hey? :lol:

Gawd, I hope so.

17380.jpg:wub:

ahh thatll get me through the day...

is she legal?

Does it matter? :blink:

Nah, but seriously, she's 19 I think.