Record Labels

Someone mentioned Polygram and Def Leppard and Bon Jovi... but their most prized act was surely Treat?

I mentioned Polygram and would of included Treat in that post but I wasn't aware that they were on that label and besides their stuff never got released over here for some damn reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine Are:

KIVEL

ROCK CANDY

LIQUOR & POKER

ROADRACER.....METAL MIND if they gave up the DIGI-PACKS

MUTHA-RARE N.J. PUNK/METAL label

LONG ISLAND-trying to collect all of the releases

SENTINEL STEEL

EARACHE....EARLIER RELEASES

METAL BLADE....EARLIER RELEASES

BRAIN....GERMAN PROG/METAL LABEL

WILD RAGS-EARLY RELEASES

COMBAT

MEGAFORCE

MONSTER RECORDS/ROCKADROME

WOUNDEDBIRD

Frontiers - Mostly good quality bands with a few monsters as well

Spinefarm

Nuclear Blast - Some great upcoming bands on both of these

Rock Candy - THE best re-issue label bar non

Wounded Bird - Cheap, no thrills re-issues, but at least they are getting the stuff out there.

• 1 month later...

My faves are Frontiers, MTM (R.I.P.), Kivel, the excellent Long Island and the aforementioned Atlantic. AOR Heaven releases are quite good too (certain genres).

Adding Escape Music to the list too, I'm suprised no one mention them. Based partially on the now defunct Long Island Records, Escape Music's reissues (in particular) are a joy to the ear and a pleasure for the eyes. I'm talkin' 'bout the double/triple cds with bonus tracks and excellent digipack packaging.

Z Records are worth a mention but I can't stand the politics surrounding the label. :angry:

Thumbs up also for Rock Candy and Wounded Bird for bringing us those reissues. :)

I am surprised no one is mentioning Retrospect Records. I think Sam brought out some very good releases in the last few years. And since he changed his politics (silver pressed, better cover quality), what is there to complain about ?

MTM - they used to be my favourite label, but they are gone.

Frontiers - have the money (mafia sponsored ?) and hence the power to catch the big fish.

Escape - released some great CD's, especially their reissues are awesome

Rock Candy - I love their recent reissues

Long Island - most of their releases were excellent

Where did MTM go? I think i read somewhere that they became a new label under a new name??

MTM went bust about 2 years ago. Mario Lehmann then founded NL Distribution, another smaller label concentrating on reissues. Hurricane, Harlot, B-Joe, Jim Jidhed, Robert Louden, Hotwire, etc. Quite a few very good ones, actually. No idea, if they are all legit, though.

Where did MTM go? I think i read somewhere that they became a new label under a new name??

MTM went bust about 2 years ago. Mario Lehmann then founded NL Distribution, another smaller label concentrating on reissues. Hurricane, Harlot, B-Joe, Jim Jidhed, Robert Louden, Hotwire, etc. Quite a few very good ones, actually. No idea, if they are all legit, though.

I have the Hurricane ones, well two of the three, and their very nice.

• 4 months later...