Papa Roach

Glen

There's a new sample available from a song called "Lifeline" and yeah, I definately like it!

ckeck it out:

melodic.net - "Lifeline" sample

Good, but not quite up to the high standards of Paramour Sessions.

Await the album with interest tho. :tumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a new sample available from a song called "Lifeline" and yeah, I definately like it!

ckeck it out:

It's funny how high they have set the bar with 'The Paramour Sessions'. This song is excellent - 'Lifeline'. I really love it. But I kind of agree it's not quite as good as stuff off the last disc. Damn it's a sweet track, though. This and 'Hollywood Whore' are both definite keepers.

ckeck it out:

It's funny how high they have set the bar with 'The Paramour Sessions'. This song is excellent - 'Lifeline'. I really love it. But I kind of agree it's not quite as good as stuff off the last disc. Damn it's a sweet track, though. This and 'Hollywood Whore' are both definite keepers.

Ha yeah...I was fully expecting the song to blow me away, but it was just good. Weird eh??!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, as per a few comments I've already made on the board, here are my thoughts:

Firstly, I definitely don't think it's as good as 'The Paramour Sessions'. But that's because, although I loved the entire album, my favourite moments on that one were the songs like 'Forever', 'Reckless', 'Roses on my grave' etc. the really melodic/commercial numbers. Unfortunately, those are not on the new disc. What we do have, though, is 11 kick-ass hard rock tracks (well, a ballad or two in the mix) and if that's what you loved about the last album, you'll be all over this. As I am... but I would have preferred to hear a few super melodic gems too. ;) But these guys know how to write a killer hard rock tune, and prove it plenty of times here. 'Nights of Love' is my favourite track, with a heavenly chorus, but I also like 'Had Enough' and 'Lifeline' alot. 'Live This Down' is monster hard rock too. But as I say, no fillers here. Just a great slab of straight up hard rock.

Okay, as per a few comments I've already made on the board, here are my thoughts:

Firstly, I definitely don't think it's as good as 'The Paramour Sessions'. But that's because, although I loved the entire album, my favourite moments on that one were the songs like 'Forever', 'Reckless', 'Roses on my grave' etc. the really melodic/commercial numbers. Unfortunately, those are not on the new disc. What we do have, though, is 11 kick-ass hard rock tracks (well, a ballad or two in the mix) and if that's what you loved about the last album, you'll be all over this. As I am... but I would have preferred to hear a few super melodic gems too. ;) But these guys know how to write a killer hard rock tune, and prove it plenty of times here. 'Nights of Love' is my favourite track, with a heavenly chorus, but I also like 'Had Enough' and 'Lifeline' alot. 'Live This Down' is monster hard rock too. But as I say, no fillers here. Just a great slab of straight up hard rock.

Yeah that's a good summary. It's also the reason why the soundbytes just didn't grab me, so I'm going to pass on this one. I did like the sound of some of the tunes, but it doesn't have big enough choruses to grab my interest. I loved the catchy/melodic Modern Rock of "The Paramour Sessions" but this new sound is much more formulaic glam/hard rock which is not my thing at all....

• 1 month later...

So, this doesn't normally happen, but I've changed my mind about this one. It needs a few spins, but this is very very solid stuff. I'd still prefer more Modern Rock in the vein of "Paramour..." but they do this 80's style Hard Rock pretty well too, with strong enough hooks to keep me interested right through. I don't like their image (they look like a camp version of Avenged Sevenfold), & they're not as good as A7X at writing songs IMO, but this is a really strong disc - especially considering you won't pay all that much money for it (I paid £6 new/sealed off eBay).

So, this doesn't normally happen, but I've changed my mind about this one. It needs a few spins, but this is very very solid stuff. I'd still prefer more Modern Rock in the vein of "Paramour..." but they do this 80's style Hard Rock pretty well too, with strong enough hooks to keep me interested right through. I don't like their image (they look like a camp version of Avenged Sevenfold), & they're not as good as A7X at writing songs IMO, but this is a really strong disc - especially considering you won't pay all that much money for it (I paid £6 new/sealed off eBay).

This disc is killer! Never Live this Down is my fave PR song...maybe ever.

You have to learn to listen to me more. ;)

Yea. Never gave these guys a chance before. I assumed they were a rap rock outfit like Limp Bizkit. My older brother said he really liked a tune he heard on the radio which made me think twice since his two biggest influences are Carl Dixon and Santers. Then I heard Lifeline on the radio about a month ago. Love that tune! Plan on picking up Metamorphosis over the border next week and if the Paramour Sessions are better than Lifeline, guess I'll grab that one, too.

I think the new album is great. Havn't heard alot of the last Paramount album but this album rocks. The lyrics is also strong IMO.

Yeah, you guys have to get 'The Paramour Sessions' - you'll LOVE it. :)

Yea. Never gave these guys a chance before. I assumed they were a rap rock outfit like Limp Bizkit. My older brother said he really liked a tune he heard on the radio which made me think twice since his two biggest influences are Carl Dixon and Santers. Then I heard Lifeline on the radio about a month ago. Love that tune! Plan on picking up Metamorphosis over the border next week and if the Paramour Sessions are better than Lifeline, guess I'll grab that one, too.

Be careful in buying their other albums though. This band change their style as often as I change my underpants (i.e, every 2 years). The previous album was full-on Modern Rock (like RA), and earlier in their career they were Nu-Metal....

Be careful in buying their other albums though. This band change their style as often as I change my underpants (i.e, every 2 years). The previous album was full-on Modern Rock (like RA), and earlier in their career they were Nu-Metal....

Stay away from their debut...basic rap rock. The rest of them are solid!

Stay away from their debut...basic rap rock. The rest of them are solid!

In all honesty, all anyone needs is 'The Paramour Sessions' and 'Metemorphosis'.

I have the one with the red cover because I got it for less than $1, but I wouldn't even recommend that - 'Lovehatetragedy' is what I think it's called. It's decent, but the 2 most recent are all you need.

• 2 weeks later...

01. Days Of War - intro

02. Change Or Die - Killer opener. In your face, wants to make you move - awesome high spirited hard rock. Perfect opener.

03. Hollywood Whore - The single most of us had heard early... a nice song but not one of the album's strongest. Still pretty kick-ass, though.

04. I Almost Told You That I Loved You - Not one of my faves on the disc, though the lyrics are fun and it still smashes you in the face come chorus time. I do like it a lot... even if it is one of the weaker ones. :)

05. Lifeline - Another single many of us had heard, and a definite highlight of the disc. One of the top 5 songs on here... great commercial hard rock.

06. Had Enough - Probably my favourite track off the album. Probably the most commercial/melodic on the disc and a real gem.

07. Live This Down - This is the song off the album I'd love to hear live most. An absolute ball-tearer of a hard rock anthem. One of the album's best. The chorus is a fist to the side of your face.

08. March Out Of The Darkness - Killer melodic hard rocker. Another of the album's strongest and more commercial/melodic numbers. When the chorus hits it's super catchy. Killer track.

09. Into The Light - Pretty standard hard rocker, but the chorus really does kind of tear you a new asshole. Impossible not to like.

10. Carry Me - At first I thought this was pretty average, but the more I spin it the more I connect. This is the closest thing to a ballad on this disc and when that chorus hits it really is quite nice. Nice atmosphere and I'd give it a definite thumbs up. The beautiful melodic end of the song is nice too.

11. Nights Of love - This one has the album's biggest hook... perhaps. Very catchy chorus and a certain toe-tapper. Recorded to invade your head like a beautiful virus. Love it.

12. State Of Emergency - Great chorus-driven hard rock closer. Really builds into something very cool. Excellent end to an excellent album.

I think I had this 2nd on my modern rock list this year (behind Fallbrooke), but I have to admit it's probably at the top. There isn't really a weak song on here, but there's a whole lot of true hard rock spirit.

Nice review. "Nights of Love" is a monster, and the album is definitely better after the first 5 or 6 songs. I don't rate it as highly as you overall though, and I prefer the sound/style of Fallbrooke so (if that ever gets released) I'll rate that one higher...

Yeah nice review Geoff...pretty spot on for me.

Sitting at No 2 for me behind the mighty Nural.

That Fallbrooke doesnt do it for me Im afraid....the last 3 songs are weak and another version of the ballad was a mistake IMO.

Roach tho is awesome hard rock :guitbannana:

Who are Nural? Is this one I've missed....

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21032

try to keep up mate ;-)

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21032

try to keep up mate ;-)

Will check it out, cheers!

• 1 year later...

Anyone pick up the best of, + 5 new songs, 'Time for Annihilation'? As to be expected, the 5 new songs are all great, hard in-your-face rockers, except for 'No Matter What'... which is quite frankly the best thing from the band since 'The Paramour Sessions.' I love their aggressive hard rocking nature but holy shit they just nail it when they drop these melodic/commercial numbers. Stunning track.

Anyone pick up the best of, + 5 new songs, 'Time for Annihilation'? As to be expected, the 5 new songs are all great, hard in-your-face rockers, except for 'No Matter What'... which is quite frankly the best thing from the band since 'The Paramour Sessions.' I love their aggressive hard rocking nature but holy shit they just nail it when they drop these melodic/commercial numbers. Stunning track.

Yep, picked it up the other day. 5 very cool hard rockin' studio tracks. IMO these five songs are some of the best of their career. I hope their next full length release continues in this same style. "No Matter What" is killer!